Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 01:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spin Out ccw when throttle is punched

My 250 cfx works great except when I have to jab the throttle to prevent a crash or just go up quickly. More prone to do it in beginner mode than Sport modes. I don't know if I have the tail rotor orientation incorrect or I need some sort of gain adjustment or?? Help please.
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it is flying OK under normal circumstances, you don't have any tail orientation issues.

The tail is loosing hold when you increase the pitch because of the increased torque from the head. Sometimes this is caused by the head speed dropping (bogging) when you punch out and sometimes you need more I gain to improve the tail hold, often it's a combination of both.

Bogging can be improved by either tweaking the governor gains or governor pitch pre-comp if you have access to it, or if you are not using a governor, trying a V shaped throttle curve can help.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2018, 01:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashalotjoe View Post
If it is flying OK under normal circumstances, you don't have any tail orientation issues.

The tail is loosing hold when you increase the pitch because of the increased torque from the head. Sometimes this is caused by the head speed dropping (bogging) when you punch out and sometimes you need more I gain to improve the tail hold, often it's a combination of both.

Bogging can be improved by either tweaking the governor gains or governor pitch pre-comp if you have access to it, or if you are not using a governor, trying a V shaped throttle curve can help.
Will look into your ideas and see if I can get some improvement. It's actually worse when I am in the beginner mode versus the idle up modes.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Class, Gains, Rates

Afaik, idle 1 or 2 should fly better.

Mine loses hold, at times, when going full-throttle in IdleUp1. I think wind may affect it as well. It also needs a new Shaft and Motor bearings

Keep in mind this is considered a beginner/intermediate Heli so extreme performance is not quite there.

However... messing with Gains to fix tail is actually a normal thing in higher altitudes. And Manual even states the Tail Gains may need to be tweaked.

Stefan Finster adjusted his Rates to 125 (radio setup i think) to get awesome performance from his 230S in Idle2/Stunt Mode. I wonder if the 250 can keep up...

I stopped flying my 250 because i am awaiting some bearings. I am eager to test it in Idle-2.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No worries yet with me and extreme performance. I just have to hit full throttle once in a while to prevent a crash. The carbon fiber frame on the 250 is an amazing improvement from the lower level helis that use the plastic or whatever it is for the frame. I have had a couple of major slams with the 250 and the frame is like a rock. The servos are way tougher also. To me it is worth stepping up to the 250 just for these two reasons if nothing else.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CFX Modular Battle System

Oh, i love the wonderful CFX carbon fiber frame

It makes maintenance and repairs easy & is often reported strong in a crash.
For comparison, the 230S frame is known to break in a hard crash.

Imagine the fun having to replace an entire plastic pos 230s frame...
I do not want to go back to plastic after enjoying this air frame!

I also like that the canopy is thicker & more durable than my 130S canopy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in