Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > 3Digi FBL System

3Digi FBL System 3Digi Supoort

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2018, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Spektrum SRXL (AR8010T) and 3Digi - Friends?

I am well out of date with Spektrum receivers. It does, however, appear that the Spektrum AR8010T has a serial output port SRXL.
It seems to be that the 3Digi unit will be able to understand this Spektrum serial protocol. Can anybody confirm, especially Dirk, hopefully, that this protocol is compatible with the 3Digi unit?
Many thanks.
sales@jetiaustralia.com
AndrewJHawes is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I guess the question might need to be, "How successful have folks been in using the Spektrum SRXL protocol for situations other than multirotor set-ups, which I know have been successful?" I know Bavarian Demon currently don't support the Spektrum version of SRXL.
sales@jetiaustralia.com
Old 05-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Andy,
the Spektrum version of SRXL (which in reality doesnīt have much common with the normal SRXL standard ) is not supported at the moment.

You have to use the Spektrum sat protocol, which can be also used with the normal 3Digi receiver port.

Dirk
www.3digi.de
DirkS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2018, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now, I have to admit that I am a little confused!
I understand that the Spektrum SRXL will not work, thank you for clarifying that.
You mention that the Sat Protocol, of which I have heard, but know nothing about, will work with the receiver port.
Is that Spektrum satellites (connected via satellite ports on the side of the unit), or a Spektrum protocol called 'Sat Protocol' connected to the Rx input port by a single cable? Thank you for your further clarification.
Looking at the 3Digi Manual, it looks like the 'Master' and 'Slave' sockets on the side of the 3Digi unit correspond to the use of Spektrum Satellites. I was rather hoping to use the main Spektrum Rx AR8010T. It looks like this can't be used with the 3Digi, then, as its serial (single cable) SRXL protocol does NOT work with 3Digi. I hate having to use Spektrum, they make life SO HARD sometimes!!!!!
sales@jetiaustralia.com

Last edited by AndrewJHawes; 05-03-2018 at 06:49 AM..
Old 05-03-2018, 07:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJHawes View Post
I hate having to use Spektrum, they make life SO HARD sometimes!!!!!
Working as intended. They want to keep you locked into their system. The only reason they don't completely lock you out of any flight controllers but theirs is because they'd stand to loose more money than they'd gain from that.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks! I understand that the Spektrum equipment should really be referred to as 'Remote Receivers'. I understand the distinction.
All I need to know is (million $$ question) - can the ordinary (full) Spektrum Rx (like a AR8010T) be connected using some 'Satellite Protocol' (read serial protocol) to 3Digi? Dirk has just said that Spektrum SRXL does not work with 3Digi. If the remote receivers work (albeit in the 'master' 'slave' satellite ports on the side of the unit, is there a new protocol, that I don't know about, that will connect the AR8010T (say) to the 3Digi?
Obviously there are not the usual split input channel sockets available!
sales@jetiaustralia.com
Old 05-04-2018, 06:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Andrew,
I donīt know the AR8010T receiver and if it has a serial output with sat protocol.

You could use the 4649T for example. This receiver has a serial output with sat protocol and can be connected to the normal 3Digi receiver port.

Dirk
www.3digi.de
Old 05-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Dirk,
Yes the AR8010T has a serial protocol, the SRXL, which you said does not work with 3Digi.
I don't see any Sat Protocol with it.
The 4649T which does seem to offer 20 channels, and a serial communication system, is difficult to find details about protocol-wise. If it is of the sort you think it might possibly be with Sat Protocol, what would the link choice in the 3Digi be?
- Spektrum one sat, or something else in the list in 3Digi choices? The 'Sat' choices automatically then continue on with DSM( ) binding choices.
Spektrum don't seem to be very forthcoming with useful, relevant, and detailed information!
sales@jetiaustralia.com
Old 05-07-2018, 02:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJHawes View Post
Spektrum don't seem to be very forthcoming with useful, relevant, and detailed information!
Thatīs one of the problems. You dontīt find useful information about supported protocols in the receiver descriptions on their website.

I thing one receiver that should work is the AR7700. It seems to have a sat output. In combination with a TM1000 you will also have telemetry.

Dirk
www.3digi.de
Old 05-07-2018, 06:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for that information Dirk.
I have done a lot of research recently, and what you confirm, I have also found to be most certainly true, that Spektrum is very poor at describing their protocols in action. This is in spite of quite verbose manuals, which are less than readily forthcoming with information, skirting balletic-wise around the information in which I am interested. This is also probably true of some other manufacturers' offerings too, I think.
I have recently found other examples of Spektrum receivers that do, however, look promising.
One problem is that I am working on behalf of a client, so need to restrict potentially expensive experimentation, which may ultimately prove non-productive for him.
I have spent far more time and effort than I had ever wished to, and thought that I had left Spektrum well and truelly behind me a long while ago!
It does make me very glad to have personally progressed away from Spektrum many years past, and am glad currently to be an enthusiastic Jeti flyer.
Thank you again! I do like the 3Digi unit, although I am only just becoming acquainted.
sales@jetiaustralia.com
Old 05-22-2018, 11:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkS View Post
Thatīs one of the problems. You dontīt find useful information about supported protocols in the receiver descriptions on their website.

I thing one receiver that should work is the AR7700. It seems to have a sat output. In combination with a TM1000 you will also have telemetry.

Dirk,

Regarding Spektrum's bi-directional SRXL, sat, and telemetry sensor protocols, they have released some documentation recently:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...T)-Interfacing

https://github.com/SpektrumFPV/Spekt...ster/Telemetry

Regarding the 8010T receiver, it has Spektrum's SRXL serial output and supports telemetry (essentially it has a T1100 in it). It gives you Rx pack voltage and main pack voltage (up to 60V if I remember right) without any external sensors. For helis though I would prefer something smaller than the 8010T, more like the 4649T (essentially a 8010T without the servo ports, only with serial output). I think Spektrum is moving in the right direction, if slowly. Many 3Digi users would welcome support for Spektrum's SRXL input. Then, with a receiver like the 8010T (but hopefully smaller) we would also have telemetry without this having to be implemented in the FBL controller (like in the Brain/iKon's case).

It would also be great if 3Digi supported using sats and SRXL receivers at the same time as that would allow for true RF link redundancy (if main receiver fails, sats connected directly to 3Digi will still provide signal).

Last edited by 3Dmuse; 05-22-2018 at 11:36 PM..
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.