Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Epoweredrc
  • 2 Post By therick04pp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450x motor

what is the best replacement motor for the 450x since horizon doesn''t offer anything anymore ?
sgtlt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
what is the best replacement motor for the 450x since horizon doesn''t offer anything anymore ?
Lots have been using this one for years I just put together a 450x and used this motor, well mine is the black one but same thing
https://www.scorpionsystem.com/catal...-22/HK-2221-8/
either run it only up to 65% TC or get a larger esc. but on 65% is plenty of power unless your one who loves as much power as you can get
therick04pp and Thomas.Heiss like this.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That ^ right there. Awesome motor. I have that with a HW 60a v4 esc so I can pump it up. Can't go wrong with it. Or the Lynx EOX 2222 3s (LX8007) Heard nothing but good things about that one too.
Epoweredrc and Thomas.Heiss like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
Dono what you mean "Horizon doesn't offer anything anymore?"

I've been running one of these. Hellva lot smoother and quieter than the stock motor.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/helicop...0kv-eflm60450a
Tim Wolff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both the 4S and the 6S Lynx motors in 450X's...

Power is so insane that I have to dial back the throttle curve
Old 06-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default More 450X Motor Questions

So many choices on 450X motors. I need to purchase a few additional motors. I have been using Scorpion with great success, specifically I have had 3 of the HKII 2221-2010 motors. I can run the same motor on 4S or 6S which is great since I now only have 4S and 6S batteries. So now for a few questions...

I can buy Scorpion and Lynx motors for the same price for now, so does it make a difference which way I go? I see that Lynx 6S-2222-1970 seems to be almost the identical motor, but has three bearings instead of two with Scorpion. For the Lynx motors, I see no mention of an oiling requirement, but Scorpion recommends oil every 10 flights. I can only get to my top bearing so it is best effort, although has not been much of a problem.

My 6S 450X is using a stretch boom with 353mm blades. Am I going to have any problem with 6S using the standard length tail boom and 325mm blades, since stretch anything for a Blade 450X is now almost impossible to get?

Sorry for the beginner questions, but I just had to ask! Just not interested in buying E-Flite motors.

Thank you for your comments.

Steve
Old 06-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
So many choices on 450X motors. I need to purchase a few additional motors. I have been using Scorpion with great success, specifically I have had 3 of the HKII 2221-2010 motors. I can run the same motor on 4S or 6S which is great since I now only have 4S and 6S batteries. So now for a few questions...

I can buy Scorpion and Lynx motors for the same price for now, so does it make a difference which way I go? I see that Lynx 6S-2222-1970 seems to be almost the identical motor, but has three bearings instead of two with Scorpion. For the Lynx motors, I see no mention of an oiling requirement, but Scorpion recommends oil every 10 flights. I can only get to my top bearing so it is best effort, although has not been much of a problem.

My 6S 450X is using a stretch boom with 353mm blades. Am I going to have any problem with 6S using the standard length tail boom and 325mm blades, since stretch anything for a Blade 450X is now almost impossible to get?

Sorry for the beginner questions, but I just had to ask! Just not interested in buying E-Flite motors.

Thank you for your comments.

Steve
I'd buy the Lynx...and no problem using the stock blades/boom with 6S

If you have a lacking tail ...the stretch setup with 325's will give the tail some additional authority...and the 6S will make them crack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in