Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default B450X - Lynx CF with Stretch - Blade Options?

Hi all,

I am finally building two B450X Lynx CF Frame Stretch helicopters. Both with Brain2 FBLs. And yes, I know, very late into the Blade 450X scene, but I have all the parts, so time to do it!

Heli One:
Scorpion HKII-2221-2010
CC 50 ESC, 6S

Heli Two:
Lynx EOX 2222-3/4S 3900KV
CC 75 ESC, 4S

Just getting into inverted, basic flips, and Piroflips. I plan on using BK Switchblades. I am sure that the 353mm CF Blades would work well, but I wonder, will the 383mm Blades be too long for the Lynx stretched boom?

Any comments are much appreciated. Thank you.

Steve
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default B450X CF with Stretch....

Hi Steve,

My setup is exactly like your 1st example:
Heli One:
Scorpion HKII-2221-2010
CC 50 ESC, 6S
All Lynx except skids & blades. Also using KST MG 215's Cyclic & Tail.

I'm running Align 360's which perform well and are relatively inexpensive.
I believe they are a true 360mm bolt hole to tip.
380+ mm may very well be too long for the Lynx setup.

Mine in flight... IU2 @ 3800rpm head speed.
Lynx 450X Ultra on steroids (1 min 27 sec)

Jack
jwdawson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

HI JW,

Thank you for your comments and video. The videoman had his work cut out for him. I find it very hard to follow a moving helicopter!

I will more than likely not attempt to use the 383mm blades for now and save for maybe another time.

Are you pretty happy with that setup? A few questions now, how big of a 6S battery? And what are you getting for flight time? That would help me do some planning.

With my Heli Two option, I am still thinking both ways on 3S and 4S with the faster Lynx engine. I just figured, since I already had some 4S 2200mah batteries I should use them, but it may be even more power than my Heli One.

Thanks again!

Steve
Old 03-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heli is great with the Scoripion -2010 & CC 50 Lite. More than enough power. Actually, I dropped a tooth on the pinion to 11 to get the headspead below 4k. Was having tail gyro issues. It rips at 3800 & will do basic 3D in normal at 2700 -2800 with no problem. Never pulled more than 35A or so in IU2 on the flight in the video, so the CC is fine!
I'm using mostly Pulse 12050mah 45C. Depending type of flying, 3.5 - 4.0 min doing 3D & up to 6 min fast "Sport" flying. Big field circles & loops, etc.
I have one "Giant Power" brand 1300mah 35c that is a real kicker. It also fits the Lynx frame very good. Odd shape nearly square.....

Jack
Old 03-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

OOps... previous post was supposed to read Pulse "1250"mah. sorry
Old 03-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jack,

Thank you for the great information. I have a few 6S Turnigy Nano-Tech 1300mah packs that fit my frame and canopy. I have a two other Turnigy 6S, but 1550mah packs, but too long unless I move the canopy grommet holes out an inch, so will more than likely not use those batteries.

As far as the pinion, I wonder if I should maybe consider going down to 10-tooth. Wow on 4K, or just under... That sounds scary fast until I really get more flight time in. I also have an Turnigy Compact 1800mah 6S battery, that I could use for long flights, but it is heavy so may not get off the ground. Too big, so I could not use the canopy, bright yellow, so good visibility, maybe too heavy to get off the ground, but I bet it would... Maybe a nice long flight!

As I am completing Heli One and Two, I am glad that I have my current B450X with a Scorpion HKII-2221-2010, at 13T, and 4S. That is more manageable for now as I really start getting experience on something other than my trusty B400.

Thanks again for your comments.

Steve

Last edited by Rogue22; 03-10-2017 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Corrected mah size...
Rogue22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

As the pictures will show...

Align 470LP w/Switch 383mm main blades in the background...

450X w/Lynx stretch in the foreground...

383's would contact the 450X's tail blades...not a good fit at all (picture angle is off slightly but you get the idea)

I'm staying with the Lynx supplied blades from the stretch kit on both My 450X-L's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	450X 383mm 001.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	733734  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice looking color schemes there JonJet. I read wrong at first and was going to ask how the 383 blades worked on your 450. Same for me on using the Lynx blades on one 450 stretch, and using 353 Switchblades on the other Lynx stretch. I sure do wish Lynx was still supporting the 450 like they use to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Rogue22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
Nice looking color schemes there JonJet. I read wrong at first and was going to ask how the 383 blades worked on your 450. Same for me on using the Lynx blades on one 450 stretch, and using 353 Switchblades on the other Lynx stretch. I sure do wish Lynx was still supporting the 450 like they use to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
353 Switch blades fit with no issues? Root the same? Washers needed?

I may want to try that on the 4th (Lynx) build

As for the color schemes...I have an ample supply of shrink tubing and Sharpie markers
Old 01-09-2018, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

JonJet, sorry for the delay....

The root is the same as for my standard B450X blades.

Good question on the washers. I used one of the original washers on one side of the blade and used one of the washers that come with the 353 blades on the other side of the blade. It felt too loose using thin washers for both sides and too tight to use both thicker washers. I have thought about using credit card punch-outs, but have not tried that yet and they may be too thick.

One thing you might consider is to purchase BK's "B" Surface Blades. They are supposedly as good as their premium blades, with some sort of appearance blemish. You can save $14, so it may be worth a try. BK Designs highly recommends these blades for cost savings.

And thank you for the idea of shrink-wrapping some of the parts, or using markers. Going back to the basics works pretty well at times. Thanks for the idea.

Steve
Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
The root is the same as for my standard B450X blades.

And thank you for the idea of shrink-wrapping some of the parts, or using markers. Going back to the basics works pretty well at times. Thanks for the idea.

Steve
Ahhh good...thanks for the BK B blade info...I'll keep that in mind if I ever need blades...

I've used the shrink wrap and marker tricks since I began upgrades and mods several years ago...(and btw...it was the mCPX that numbered over 100 at one time - more than 2/3 of them have gone to new homes with many satisfied buyers)

Not only does the added color match the scheme of the heli and make it look good...it helps a lot with visibility and orientation...I especially like the way the red jumps out at Me when flying outdoors

Indoor flying season is coming...the Grand Forks club has an indoor session every Wednesday until the end of April so I'll be attending as many of those as I can - a great chance to show off the micros

And April will mark the start of the outdoor season...I'm counting the days until I can maiden both 450X-L's and the Gaui X3 !

(And the coming 300X just might sneak in an indoor testing hover or two if it's not too crowded in Grand Forks)

Last edited by JonJet; 01-12-2018 at 06:33 PM..
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently built a 3rd 450X-L with CF tail boom...

And just for kicks I tried it with the stock 325mm CF Main Blades...

Wow...so solid and stable...and tail authority is something else with the longer boom

Hard to beat in My book...

And with anything more than the stock motor...plenty of power...most of Mine are Lynx 4S / 6S

Last edited by JonJet; 07-12-2018 at 01:49 AM..
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in