Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Krager
  • 1 Post By Lotus 7
  • 1 Post By SARCasm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 360 New advice

Hello all! I just purchased and received my Blade 360 CFX helicopter!!! I just wanting some advice and what recommended spare parts to keep on hand. I took it out for it's maiden flight yesterday (after going through the manual and verifying operation) and was thrown off guard at the throttle response as it shot up very fast and went to the left (I think was a little too windy for flight so I'm thinking that why it shot off to the left. I panicked and brought it down too quickly and unevenly breaking both rotor blades and a linkage that connects the rotor blade to swash plate. So, can any of you experts recommend what replacement parts are good to always keep on hand? Thanks and look forward to being a part of this forum!
bengaltiger14 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2018, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi and welcome. With helicopters of this size and above there isn't really a set list of spares to recommend. Each crash can lead to completely different parts breaking, it all depends how hard it comes down and it's orientation.

The 360 was my third heli. At the time I had only been flying six months and I considered this my first serious model. I thought I should buy as many spare parts as possible so I could always get back in the air quickly. I got carried away and bought so many spares i could probably build another 2 or 3 models. I can tell you this was an expensive lesson. 95% of those spare parts still sit unused.

In hindsight I should have just bought a spare set of main blades and a couple set tail blades. Then ordered what parts I needed as and when. This is the approach I have took with all the models I have bought since the 360. Apart from blades the only other parts I keep in stock are things like belts, feathering shafts, main shafts and a few canopies.

The best advice I can offer is get as much SIM time as possible. This will result in much fewer crashes and save you money in parts. Do you have a simulator?
Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaltiger14 View Post
Hello all! I just purchased and received my Blade 360 CFX helicopter!!! I just wanting some advice and what recommended spare parts to keep on hand. I took it out for it's maiden flight yesterday (after going through the manual and verifying operation) and was thrown off guard at the throttle response as it shot up very fast and went to the left (I think was a little too windy for flight so I'm thinking that why it shot off to the left. I panicked and brought it down too quickly and unevenly breaking both rotor blades and a linkage that connects the rotor blade to swash plate. So, can any of you experts recommend what replacement parts are good to always keep on hand? Thanks and look forward to being a part of this forum!

a couple of main gears , spare main bearings, spare grip bearings and a tail case come in handy also
captjack01 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No. I do not have a simulator. I went back through all of my Dx6e setting and everything appears to be correct. I replaced the main blades and placed on level floor, powered on helicopter and the blade pitch appears to be way off. Also, while facing the heli from the rear and powered on, the swash plate is much higher on the left side compared to the right. When giving just enough throttle to make the blades spin, it seems that the swash plate levels out but the pitch is still not 0 and the tail spins aggressively counterclockwise. Shouldn't the pitch stay at 0 until I reach 30% throttle per my pitch curve settings (0%, 30%....) and shouldn't there be 0 pitch at 0% throttle? Also, the swash is not adjusting front to back when going through the pre flight setup. None of the shafts appear bent or linkages appear bent. Could this be a remote programming issues?
bengaltiger14 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, firstly I would ask that you do not attempt to fly your 360 for the time being. I ask this purely for youre safety, the 360 is a serious bit of kit and I can tell from reading youre previous post that you don't seem to have any experience with 3D collective pitch setup.

That's no problem though, we can certainly help you out How we proceed though depends on previous experience, so first things first, is this youre first rc helicopter? If not what other models have you flown and exactly what type where they, fixed pitch/co-axial?

I know you're probably itching to fly youre new machine but please, if you don't have any experience with a 3D model, just hold off for now and allow us to help you.

Edit: What version 360 is it, 6S or 3S?
Old 07-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
I know you're probably itching to fly youre new machine but please, if you don't have any experience with a 3D model, just hold off for now and allow us to help you.
Best advice that can be offered. The experience of the OP is not clear at this point, but in general it's just not possible to have anything but a bad experience attempting to fly a 3D heli such as the 360 without some level of experience beforehand. Many have tried and it always ends poorly. There's also a safety issue for anyone in the vicinity that could be clobbered by an out of control RC helicopter of that size.

It doesn't take a huge amount of prior experience to fly one without issue, but setup is critical and needs to be well understood. A person needs to be at least comfortable with basic flight skills, but that can be achieved fairly quick using a sim or micro CP helicopter. So it's not a big undertaking, but it does have to be accomplished beforehand to enjoy the helicopter and do it with reasonable safety.
Lotus 7 likes this.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 05:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a simulator and a micro heli
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

OP never came back. He either tried and the heli is so much wreckage or it's sitting on a shelf collecting dust after being discouraged by the need to learn something first.

It's kind of comical how often people with zero experience buy a high end model heli because it seems like a fun thing to do then ball it up on first flight. I never get tired of the YT videos of that, pretty amusing. People do that with drones a lot, but the things are fully automated so they get away with it...until something goes wrong. Still some funny first flight videos of those as well.

My favorite first flight fail video so far is this one. Cracks me up how the homeowner comes out and picks the thing up, probably thinking, "hey, you dinged my garage door;"

DJI Inspire 1 Crashes - On Auto Take off procedure Second Time (0 min 38 sec)

Last edited by Krager; 07-24-2018 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-24-2018, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krager View Post
OP never came back. He either tried and the heli is so much wreckage or it's sitting on a shelf collecting dust........
Hopefully that's not the case but I was also thinking the same thing.

By far the most memorable crash for me is this one....

New RC Helicopter Crash - Epic Fail (0 min 42 sec)

I can't help laughing every time I see it but in all seriousness that guy seemed oblivious to the fact that he was extremely lucky to survive that incident with his life. He had absolutely zero control of the collective so it was pure luck that the model bounced vertically after hitting the floor, if it had bounced towards him he would have been in a world of pain at best.
The_Fox likes this.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking of that one as well, definitely rates up at the top. Yeah that's a big model too, not one you want flying anywhere out of control. Looking at what it did to the foilage, imagine what it could have done to the guy trying to fly it. Even as a total noob I would have known better.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally agree!! He even standing so close to that thing while trying to takeoff. Take your time, start smaller and do some research. A SIM is always a good start, too. No one gets hurt and no repairs needed.

Also, this forum has been a great resource for info on a variety of heli's that I own.
corbettkg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it's just common sense, but even with the resources available like HF people still do the stupidest things. It's like, "hey, model helicopters look like fun, I think I'll buy a large expensive model and try to fly it in a tiny space standing only a few feet from it." How could somebody not recognize at least one of the many flaws in that thinking.

Still, barring the life threatening circumstance, it's funny as hell because it's something a normal person instantly recognizes as a really bad idea in a self-preserving way.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

My favorite first flight fail video so far is this one. Cracks me up how the homeowner comes out and picks the thing up, probably thinking, "hey, you dinged my garage door;"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQQcBWV6Vs
Actually the "home owner" appears to be with the pilot..She is wearing FPV goggles
Old 07-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah it's just common sense, but even with the resources available like HF people still do the stupidest things. It's like, "hey, model helicopters look like fun, I think I'll buy a large expensive model and try to fly it in a tiny space standing only a few feet from it." How could somebody not recognize at least one of the many flaws in that thinking.

Still, barring the life threatening circumstance, it's funny as hell because it's something a normal person instantly recognizes as a really bad idea in a self-preserving way.
While i am a newbie copter flyer as of 1st of this year, I am glad that i joined here and asked about what one needs to know before destroying my birds, which i would have done if it had not been for the Sim time, and the Nano CPX and CPS that gave their lives for my learning to fly.
I also do not hold ill will towards Blade, but the instructions really should include a warning sheet in BIG BOLD letters about what a newbie should know/learn before planting one of these bigger birds in the ground.
They do include a notice in regards to FAA, and provide a link to register, but really ought to include a CD or link to YouTube videos showing the disasters awaiting for those who have never flown before.

There is a seller on ebay that auctions off HH/Blade returns due to the damage that newbies inflicted, and that seller has multiple Blade CP copters up for auction every day.

here is one of the examples they should show too,
catastrophic blade 450 3d heli CRASH (3 min 29 sec)
Old 08-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, and Pajama Man will blame it on the heli rather than inexperience! Wow!
Old 07-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

That video made me cry laughing, the way it rotates perfecting into nose in then goes straight into the bushes looks like he did it on purpose hahaha
MikelG likes this.
SARCasm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in