Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Normal Throttle Curve on gasser

What kind of Throttle curves should I set in normal mode. I'm mostly linear now. Motor is a B&H Hanson 300 Max in a KDS Agile.
ttaylor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2018, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Carey's manual for the 766 conversion was:

0 - 17
25 - 27
50 - 37
75 - 47
100 - 100

This was a good starting point for me. I then modified it from there. My current throttle curve in normal mode is: 17.5,32,42,53,100. This is just sort of where I landed.

Since I couldn't get my governor to work, I have also added some throttle mixing in for my aileron and elevator input. Still tuning that in, but it is getting much better. I think I need to get some extra throttle for Right rudder as well. Gonna play around with that some more.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766 Gasser, Assault 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766 Gas/Assault700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 30/5/56/141/6/70
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 141
macdad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a 5 point curve and my first point is 0.
Am I setting up the curve wrong?
bclark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

bclark, you are correct, should be 0,0 at start.

It’s easy with a tach or use gov to set the curve on the ground through mid stick, % does not matter, only head speed. I set mid stick to be a bit lower or equal to idle 1. You can engage the gov to hear how close you are or tach if gov is not working. 1400-1600 is a good normal curve at mid stick starting point. Adjust lower points for a smooth ramp up. Each heli will be slightly different on the specific numbers for the curve.

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2018, 10:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went a little different route for my throttle setup for breakin. I have a transmitter throttle kill that will close the butterfly and shut down the motor. My TH is set for a descent idle of about 3000 motor rpms, about ~450 rpms showing on the transmitter as headspeed since I am reading the flywheel magnets. Normal is set up on a five point pitch curve, with the lowest point matching the TH idle setting so when I flip out of TH at low stick the motor stays at idle until I start to advance it. When I flip TK off the throttle servo goes from 0% to the 28% TH output.
Motor Kill - 0%
TH - 28%
Normal - 28%, 38%, 50%, 60%, 75%.

Downloaded some interesting data from the Brain today that I will post tomorrow.

Pitch curve is......
46%, 48%, 50%, 75%, 100% in TH and Normal.

I have IU1 set for 1500 rpms on the governor, IU2 set for 1600 rpms on the governor. May give the governor a try on the next outing.

Last edited by pctomlin; 07-30-2018 at 09:29 AM..
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark View Post
I'm using a 5 point curve and my first point is 0.
Am I setting up the curve wrong?
I should've specified. My setup is similar to pctomlin's minus the kill switch.

Some people like to set their bottom point at 0 and use the trim to open the valve for idle. I don't like to do that.

I have an engine on/off switch that sets the throttle to 0. When I move that to the engine on position, it will take the throttle position of wherever the rest of the switches are set. Throttle hold is set to 17 or so to get a good idle. No matter what I do with throttle or flight mode switches, it will always be at 17.

My startup procedure is to make sure I am in Normal and TH is on. Flip the engine on switch, pull start the heli. I then double check that I am in Normal mode before flipping TH off.

I personally like this method better than using a trim button for idle.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766 Gasser, Assault 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766 Gas/Assault700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 30/5/56/141/6/70
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 141
macdad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My idle trim usually stays set, maybe a small adjustment occasionally. I use throttle cut feature to kill engine. I don't have an electronic kill other than the one on the engine, at this time
bclark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.