Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 01:11 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpops View Post
Mine was caused by the thrust bearings.

It showed itself when spooled up (no blades) with the push rod disconnected, the tail grips wouldn't spring back to zero pitch when you move the bell crank. They'd move away from the extreme ends of the slider, but would stop short of zero pitch.

Changed the thrust bearings for MSH ones of the same size, and it was an instant fix. Grips now centred instantly in the test above, like they were on a spring, and in flight, the wag was gone.
This test is done with the tail blades on or off?
dva and Freeskiken like this.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2018, 02:25 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
This test is done with the tail blades on or off?
Either works, so off is safest.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm surprised that Mikado or Mikado USA hasn't said nothing about this... nothing more than go to our support forum on mikado site.

Paypal Credit Team Pilot - Mastercard Team Pilot - Half of my Salary field rep.
Moronta12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I called Mikado USA this morning. They gave me a few other items to check which includes making sure the radial bearing seats all the way as there is sometimes some flashing that interferes. Also wanted me to check resistance of the anti-static kit to ensure it's under 1ohm and make sure that tail supports didn't come loose.

He said that they have been using the exact same parts for years and no changes have been made to the tail assy.
maarset likes this.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:19 AM   #65 (permalink)
dva
Registered Users

Got in a few more flights testing different setups on the tail. Found out that my old setup required a gain setting of 32. Noticed the tail servo was not even warm after a flight. Cranked the gain up to 70 on idlelup1 and then ran it back down to the mid 50s. Idleup2 running in the upper40% range.

The set up has only gone from Edge 600 main blades to VTX557s and Edge 95 mm tail blades to 96 mm RTs after a slight rekit of my Logo 550 SE. Also went from a 14T pinion on a 153T main gear to a 15T pinion for the shorter blades.

Flits great, now only getting tail wobbles in constant stationary rolls and some quick hard inputs to the cyclic. Still a bit of tuning to work on here.

Would have never thaught a blade change like this would cause such a drastic change in gain requirements for the tail.

Starting to think the issue on my heli was pure radio setup.

I’m going to run the heli with no blades and see what the tail blade grips stay butter smoothe just to make sure no binding issues exist under load.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread. I didn’t know the resistance should be under 1 ohm. I damaged two Neo...one for sure from static.

Also to be fair...I didn’t try different tail gain settings. I tried different tail grips which helped. (Quick UK) I put on a Speedix tail case and changed the belt on my Logo 550 to the Raptor 50 belt. (Orange) Maybe changing gain settings would have helped. I think mine improved after awhile. Because I don’t remember it being a issue after owning the Helis for awhile. I ended up selling them now. But when I sold them they were flying perfect.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I'll throw this out there.

The 550se and and the 550sx use adapters to adapt the 22mm boom into the 25 mm hole. In my new 550se static kit the screw was too short to pierce through the adapter and make contact with the boom. I had to drill through it and use a slightly longer screw.

This wasn't my problem and I did this prior to maiden. I have tested for continuity, but I have not yet tested impedance. I do have continuity so I trust that my impedance will be under 1 ohm.

I have not yet tested Mikado's recommendations, but I will report back once I do.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:01 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar issue. I thought I had continuity. I put the screw into the side of the frame to the 20mm boom. It just touched the boom and didn't make enough contact to get a proper ground. Ended up damaging my Neo RX. After when I rebuilt it I sanded some paint off the bottom of the boom near the back of the frame, drilled a small hole and put the screw there. Then I know I have a proper ground.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I called Mikado USA this morning. They gave me a few other items to check which includes making sure the radial bearing seats all the way as there is sometimes some flashing that interferes. Also wanted me to check resistance of the anti-static kit to ensure it's under 1ohm and make sure that tail supports didn't come loose.

He said that they have been using the exact same parts for years and no changes have been made to the tail assy.
There is something too that.
Whenever one of my logos had that slow lazy wag I would do the flick test to each tail blade holder.
I would take off the tail blades and disconnect the tail grip holders from the tail slider.
Then I would tuck my pointer finger under my thumb. Kind of like you are about to flick a bugger or flick your buddys ear as you are sneaking up behind them.
But you do that to the ball end on the tail grip holder and see how it spins. If it spins like a top and takes a while to stop you are good. But if it only spins a little bit and stops prematurely then you might have a poorly seated grip bearing. Once you get both grips to spin like a top then the wag should go away.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
There is something too that.
Whenever one of my logos had that slow lazy wag I would do the flick test to each tail blade holder.
I would take off the tail blades and disconnect the tail grip holders from the tail slider.
Then I would tuck my pointer finger under my thumb. Kind of like you are about to flick a bugger or flick your buddys ear as you are sneaking up behind them.
But you do that to the ball end on the tail grip holder and see how it spins. If it spins like a top and takes a while to stop you are good. But if it only spins a little bit and stops prematurely then you might have a poorly seated grip bearing. Once you get both grips to spin like a top then the wag should go away.
how is that possible with grease on the thrust bearings?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpops View Post
Mine was caused by the thrust bearings.

It showed itself when spooled up (no blades) with the push rod disconnected, the tail grips wouldn't spring back to zero pitch when you move the bell crank. They'd move away from the extreme ends of the slider, but would stop short of zero pitch.

Changed the thrust bearings for MSH ones of the same size, and it was an instant fix. Grips now centred instantly in the test above, like they were on a spring, and in flight, the wag was gone.

the slider stays where i put him ,not moving at all without tail blades .
Not tried with tailblades

Thanks ,

filo

Last edited by filo; 10-17-2018 at 05:38 AM..
filo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I felt I had to make this. I apologise for the orientation and lack of light. I was holding my phone in what I thought was landscape in broad daylight.

Anyway, here it is. My Logo 600, with no tail blades and the pushrod disconnected, spooled up on 6S (so half the usual head speed)

Logo 600 tail grips (0 min 31 sec)

If yours isn't behaving like that, something is binding. Could be the thrust bearings, could be the slider on the shaft, or the little ball links on the grips.

If it's all smooth when it's not running, it really points to the thrust bearings.
GregCA likes this.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just did what should do few weeks ago... Sold the Heli.... if some day Mikado solve that I'll buy another 550sx for sure.

Paypal Credit Team Pilot - Mastercard Team Pilot - Half of my Salary field rep.
Moronta12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2018, 11:22 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

and I am about to order one 550. then this.
aargh.
my picks were;
logo550
sab570
synergy e7(doesn't come w/ blades, boo)
prophead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 08:03 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
aargh.
my picks were;
logo550
sab570
The Logo 550 is a great machine, I own two and and if you're having tail issue you built some part of the heli wrong. Don't let this thread scare you. I've built several and never seen this. I also own a 570, both great machines.
senzafine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both too, great machines, with tail issue on my 550 on first fly. I change tail rotor hub by a new one and thrust bearing by MSH and now tail is great. Very happy with my 550 but not with Mikado who know this problem only on kit
reco_very is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by senzafine View Post
The Logo 550 is a great machine, I own two and and if you're having tail issue you built some part of the heli wrong. Don't let this thread scare you. I've built several and never seen this. I also own a 570, both great machines.
I just bought a 550se v3, No part of the heli was built wrong, it has a wag. My older 600v2 has no issues. There seems to be some issue with the tail in some of the later kits. There is a thread somewhere around here about it.

On the bright side my wag is just an annoyance and doesn't appear to affect tail performance at all, so I just keep flying it for now. I figure eventually I'll crash it and end up replacing whatever is causing it.

Edit: I do agree, incredibly machines, If you've never owned a Logo, go buy one now, seriously, stop reading and go buy one.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just bought a 550se v3, No part of the heli was built wrong, it has a wag. My older 600v2 has no issues. There seems to be some issue with the tail in some of the later kits. There is a thread somewhere around here about it.

On the bright side my wag is just an annoyance and doesn't appear to affect tail performance at all, so I just keep flying it for now. I figure eventually I'll crash it and end up replacing whatever is causing it.

Edit: I do agree, incredibly machines, If you've never owned a Logo, go buy one now, seriously, stop reading and go buy one.
Have you tried the whole tail rotor of the old 600V2 on the new 550SE V3 to see that can fix the tail wag issue of the new Logo?
Laos_pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I have the same on my 550SXV2. I've rebuilt the tail several times, most recently using a Speedix tail assembly and still have the slow tail wag. Does not matter how much I increase gyro gain - still there. Pretty sure its the tail rotor. But, like you, its only mildly annoying and only noticeable in a hover. Does not seem to affect 3D performance.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
aargh.
my picks were;
logo550
sab570

Get a Logo 550 or Synergy
The 570 has stupid ESC mount position (below battery and inside the lower frame which is all covered by its canopy) so it does not get enough air flow to cool the ESC down.
You need a large ESC (more than 120A) if you push it hard or it will cut off because of overheat after 1-2 minute full of 3D

But with Logo 550 you'll need 90A-100A ESC and it'll fly well without any cut off due to overheat.
Freeskiken likes this.
ddhuans is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in