Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > HELI-X Flight Sim

HELI-X Flight Sim HELI-X Flight Sim for Mac, Windows, Linux

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cadkins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum transmitter usb adapter no work in Heli-X 7.0, but DOES WORK in v6.1 (SOLVED

I have Heli-X 6.1 and it works fine. I recently realized there was an upgrade and that my license is valid for the new version 7.0. So I install version 7.0 and the USB adapter does not appear to work at all in version 7.0.

System Info: Laptop. Windows 10 Pro, 64bit. Core i5. 8GB RAM. I have the USB adapter shown in the attached picture.

To review:
- The USB adapter connects the DX8 to the laptop and Heli-X version 6.1 just fine. I can sim and control heli, practice, etc.
- I close Heli-X 6.1. Open Heli-X 7.0 and it does not recognize the usb adapter/transmitter at all! No movement of the sticks on the main page. Then i go to Configuration>Controller>Sticks. No movement at all there either.
- Went to Global Settings>Input [tried all *.jar the options]. Reset to factory default settings in Heli-X 7.0. Uninstall/reinstall heli X 7.0. None of this has worked
- I go to the windows settings> devices and printers> ppm to USB>properties>test and it recognizes inputs/movements just fine.
- Again, the usb adapter and the transmitter continue to work fine in Heli-X 6.1.

So in other words, I'm pretty sure it's not the transmitter or USB adapter. So either it's a bug in the software or I'm missing something obvious here. And if it was a bug, I doubt I would be the first person to experience.

Can anyone provide me with any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gwfsm002.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	754907  
Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings

Last edited by Guapo131; 09-14-2018 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: added (solved) to title
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bump. Still curious if anyone has any insight on this?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried running Joy.cpl? type joy.cpl at a command prompt. I use the wireless WS1000 adapter so not much else I can add.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I'm using Heli-X v7 but i'm using a DSM protocol USB dongle. I ordered the dongle @ hobbyking for less than 15 and it works fine. Sorry but I can't help you more.

Steed
Old 09-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured it out.

I opened both Heli-X 6.1 and 7.0 at the same time and started switching back and forth trying to see what the differences in some settings were. Then I noticed that I had previously saved some controller configurations in v6.1 (in addition to the default PPM.xml).

So just to clarify my procedures: I went into Heli-X 7.0 and loaded the default file C:\HeliX7.0\controllers\PPM.xml. (i had already tried this). Still not working.

But then, I navigated to the Heli-X 6.1 folder and loaded the controller config file that were saved in v6.1 into Heli-X v7.0; i.e. "C:\HeliX6.1\controllers\KyleCustomControllerSetti ngs1.xml".

This worked!

So to recap: essentially, if you save the controller config from v6.1 and load it into v7.0, it works.

Yay, thanks for the help ya'll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post
Have you tried running Joy.cpl? type joy.cpl at a command prompt. I use the wireless WS1000 adapter so not much else I can add.
FYI, this "joy.cpl" thing at the command line is the same thing as "windows settings> devices and printers> ppm to USB>properties>test" which was tried before, and it has always worked fine/recognized inputs on this screen.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for your followup this worked perfect!

I upgraded to V8 from V7 using an older Interlink Elite controller. It worked perfect on V7, however I could no figure it out on V8. Tried everything I could think of including their forums.
Guapo131 and Thomas.Heiss like this.
cadkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in