Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drparker151

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)
Default How to stop First Time Setup EVERY time?

Every time I start AccuRC, it goes through the "First Time Setup" to try and install Microsoft VC Redist Package.

How can I get it to install and stay installed?

TIA,
Paolo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AccuRC2 First Time Setup.png
Views:	98
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	754298  
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2018, 05:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)

[BUMP]
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried running with ADMIN privileges?
Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would also drop a message to [email protected]
Ah Clem likes this.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post
Have you tried running with ADMIN privileges?
Didn't make any difference. I'm a local admin anyway. I made the Steam icon on the desktop have "Run as Administrator" - but still no change. I don't know if that propagates any the subsidiary processes (such as the package redist install).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post
I would also drop a message to [email protected]
I was hoping it would be a simple fix, but obviously, it's not.

Before I submit a formal defect, anyone else see this or is it just me? It occurs on all the machines I have AccuRC installed on.

Paolo
Old 09-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it's same here. Every start it want to install Microsoft Redist package.
TomasN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

a quick google found this, not an AccuRC issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/48983...09472116285161

Quote:
What I found was that the version of vc_redist.x86.exe within "Skyrim Special Edition\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015" was a slightly earlier version than what I already had installed, and for myself the vc_redist.x86.exe thusly never successfully installed according to the script (the vc_redist.x86.exe actually errors out with a 0x80070666 error when manually run advising of another installed version).

The actual error in the log file is Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.

This then results in no steam registry key being created that steam uses to indicate a succesful install, which in turn causes the install script to run again at next game start and thus the loop continues.

A simple fix was to manually create the install registry key Steam was looking for and once created the "Performing first time setup" is not run.

The key I needed to create was...

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam\Apps\CommonR edist\vcredist\2015\x86 Update 3 14.0.24212.0 as a DWord with a value of 1.

To me it looks like a fairly rooky developer mistake to assume a user will not have a later version installed, after all Microsoft does release updates pretty often. What Steam should be doing is first confirming the version installed as well as correctly handling a return code indicating a later version is installed.

It's also quite possible that an incorrect version of the redistributables has been distributed with the latest Skyrim SE update (I only noticed the issue occuring after the last Skyrim SE update).

Anyway I hope someone finds these results of use (not that the Steam devs will).

Ade_Law is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 06:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Adrian, but still no change. Maybe the versions have been changed since the original report?
The versions on my machine were
x86 Update 3 14.0.24215.0. I added x86 Update 3 14.0.24212.0

But no change in behaviour.

Can you find out the version of the Redist package and also whether we need to use x86 and/or X64 versions?

Paolo
Old 09-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I have no idea, only thing I can suggest is more googling. As I said its a steam thing rather than an accurc thing, its not supplied by us.

Ade
Ade_Law is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

i haven’t seen this but maybe
log off/uninstall/reinstall steam client ?
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2018, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
I haven’t seen this but maybe log off/uninstall/reinstall steam client?
Thanks, but that didn't work either. If it's a Steam problem, I'll contact Steam and see what they say...

Paolo
Old 09-06-2018, 12:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steam Support request made. Let's see what they say.

Paolo
Old 09-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloFCantoni View Post
Steam Support request made. Let's see what they say.

Paolo
After two or three attempts to get them to actually understand the problem, Steam Support claim it's a Microsoft problem.

Cop out in my view!

In the words of a famous Australian Advertisement (for Yellow Pages)... "NOT happy, Jan!"

Paolo
Old 09-11-2018, 12:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_Law View Post
Sorry, I have no idea, the only thing I can suggest is more googling. As I said it's a Steam thing rather than an AccuRC thing, it's not supplied by us.

Ade
Ade,

I accept that Trasnatech may not know it's supplying the files, but the offending files (as far as I can make out) are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AccuRC 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015

So somehow Trasnatech is causing them to appear there.

Paolo
Old 09-11-2018, 05:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloFCantoni View Post
Ade,

I accept that Trasnatech may not know it's supplying the files, but the offending files (as far as I can make out) are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AccuRC 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015

So somehow Trasnatech is causing them to appear there.

Paolo
Paolo,

I accept that you think you know what we actually supply and what we don't, but I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. VCRedist is required by AccuRC but supplied by Steam, and Steam just puts the matching version of VCRedist in the application's folder if not available already.

We're not causing it to appear, we simply require the correct version of it to be installed. If your computer and/or Steam client cannot provide this to the simulator for one reason or another, Steam will be forced to install it on every launch. It may simply be an issue with privileges.

Your issue is not something that is neither caused by us nor within our control. It happens with other software titles too, as the issue is most likely something overwriting the installed version at some point.

We will be looking into removing the dependency in the future, but it is not a top priority.

Jonas
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default [SOLVED!!!!]

Hi Jonas,
I forwarded your response to Steam Support and they finally replied with...
Quote:
First, I'm sorry about the confusion from us in this ticket. You're right - this issue has to do with how Steam handles Windows' redistributable error messages (already installed, etc).

First, please do the following as a workaround:
Go to (default location): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AccuRC 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015
Delete "installscript.vdf"
Go to (default location): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AccuRC 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010
Delete "installscript.vdf" and then re-launch the game

If that doesn't work, another workaround for this is to edit the registry entry for the redistributables themselves. Before proceeding, please note that mistakes editing or removing registry entries can cause re-installation, or re-formatting of the operating system to fix. That being said, if you follow the directions exactly, you'll be good to go.

You can try the following:
Open the 'Run' dialog box from the start menu or by pressing the 'Win'+'R' keys
Open the Registry Editor by typing "regedit" into the Run dialog box and pressing Enter
In the Registry Editor, go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Valve\Stea m\Apps\CommonRedist\vcredist\2015
Here, you will want to ensure that you have both of the following entries set to "1":
x64 Update 3 14.0.24215.0
x86 Update 3 14.0.24215.0
Then, go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Valve\Stea m\Apps\CommonRedist\vcredist\2010
Here, you will want to ensure that you have both of the following entries set to "1":
x64
x86

If any of these entries are missing, you'll need to create them:
Edit -> New -> DWORD (32-Bit) Value
Name the new value (type them exactly as above, they are case sensitive) and press Enter
Double-click the new value and set it to 1, then press OK

After you have ensured you have the four values set to 1, exit the registry editor and re-launch the game through the Steam Library.
Getting rid of the *.vdf files did the trick, I believe. However, I also took the precaution of fixing the registry entries ("belt and braces" approach )

Hope this helps others...

Paolo

[Edit: Added an export of the registry fixes to help those who'd rather not manually update the registry. (You'll need to remove the .txt extension toconvert it to a .reg file)]
Attached Files
File Type: txt Visual C++ Redist Fix.reg.txt (870 Bytes, 7 views)

Last edited by PaoloFCantoni; 09-17-2018 at 01:35 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in