Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1975 View Post
...so i dont know if mine is heavy for a 770 size 😉 but it flies awesome from 1360rpm up to 1820rpm
That's very light for a 770 Sport, nice!
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post

FWIW my Thunder T all stock ready to fly less batteries was 3.6Kg on the button. That includes a Skorpion HKII 4525 Ultimate, HW 130A, KST servos and a Spirit FBL and receiver. There aren't a lot of genuine 700 helis that come in significantly lighter than that. with 'normal' 700 spec hardware.

PS.. yes, i'm not a hard flyer, guilty as charged But that's not the point. There are MANY extremely hard flyers that fly Goblins and they have no issues. Why change the design that copes with all that the hardest flyers in the world can throw at it and make it more complicated and heavier? Makes no sense in my book.

Ultimately, if you dont like the design of the Goblin you dont have to buy one, there are many really nice helis out there.
Ok then. The manufacturer weights are nonsense even though their order by make/model makes perfect logical sense. I'll take that into consideration next time i'm purchasing a new vehicle or spec'ing out a build. For what its worth, i'm pretty sensitive about stated weights so when i'm putting together a build I will weigh items and compare them to manufactures that do publish them, whether it be servo's, ESC, etc. None are exact, but they're not far off either. But, solid counterargument.

It appears we are going in circles. Perhaps i'm failing to articulate the very basic point of redundancy and the benefits of a third bearing. Its not a design flaw. In no way am I suggesting that the Goblin airframe is "flawed". How silly a thing to say. It doesn't make the design any more complicated or any heavier, whatsoever. Its a single bearing dude. I'm not saying we add hydraulic actuators to the landing gear.

Or would I result to telling people, "if you don't like it dont buy it". That's completely irrelevant and not at all the point. I've listed my reasoning - its not complicated, and for my type of flying it makes perfect logical sense. Not sure why you're refuting the efficacy of this as if this somehow suggests your machines are flawed or inferior in design, but that's my opinion on the subject. So......... sorry I guess?

FWIW, my Mostro has a 3 bearing mainshaft support and its essentially the same Goblin top plate/transmission setup. Any "additional weight" of the addition of a 3rd bearing () is countered by the additional material removed in the aluminum plate to allow it. It doesn't make the structure any less rigid or compromise any structural integrity. But what do I know.
OXY rep

Last edited by DCflyer; 12-17-2018 at 05:37 PM..
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
Or would I result to telling people, "if you don't like it dont buy it". That's completely irrelevant and not at all the point. I've listed my reasoning - its not complicated, and for my type of flying it makes perfect logical sense. Not sure why you're refuting the efficacy of this as if this somehow suggests your machines are flawed or inferior in design, but that's my opinion on the subject. So......... sorry I guess?
My point is based on fact rather than theorising. SAB do not do a 3rd bearing, this is plain fact. Unless you know something i dont, they have no plans to add one because there existing design has proved extremely reliable even under most extreme use.
So my point stands... If the 3rd bearing is really important to you then buy a different heli. That's what having choice is all about, buy the one that best fits what you want.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had an original Goblin 700 KSE with the SAB 690 3D blades (~180g x3). It weighed 4,690g without the LiPos, and 6,426g with 7S 65C 4400mah x2 LiPos (Thor). After a pretty bad crash, I rebuilt it as a Havok 700 with all the same electronics, but this time I used heavier SAB 690 TB blades (~197g x3). The Dry weght (without LiPos) came out 38g heavier at 4,728g. However, now I am using lighter (but higher capacity) 7S 45C 4500mah x2 Pulse Ultra LiPos, and the ready to fly weight is 6,254g.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1975 View Post
...just finished to put on my new Havok Kit - looks awesome!
Did you special order this scheme? Havent seen that color on any factory kits.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in