Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mingledorffw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 360 CFX Trio aggressive Bail Out helped me crash?

Just finished rebuilding my 360 CFX Trio after a crash which I believe was caused by a too aggressive Bail Out Rescue Mode of the AR7210BX (purchased additional feature). I had used Bail Out with Collective successfully 10's of times before, either for testing or actually needing help getting out of trouble. Those previous times have all been used in upright orientation. Just before the crash I was practicing slow inverted circuits and became disoriented. No problem, just hit my Bail Out button to flip the heli upright. Instead, I hear a crunch and the heli falls out of the sky. As it impacts I activate throttle hold (practiced doing that with the 230s ).

Close inspection revealed one blade grip arm tweaked, stripped main gear, broken tail pitch slider, cracked tail pulley, and all three cyclic servos are stripped. Got the heli repaired and flying better than ever, but now I have no faith in Bail Out. I'm thinking I need to tame down the aggressiveness of SAFE per the AR7210BX manual section "Fine Tuning SAFE Technology". What do you think? Could an aggressive Bail Out strip the servos? Did I put too much faith in Bail Out?
kingdallen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ...

Sorry about your crash. Honestly I don't know much about bailout. I'm actually scared to use it for what you just described, something going crazy. I have bailout on my fusion 270 but I'm so used to trying my best to get out of something bad and last resort hit throttle hold, my throttle hold reflex Is pretty good. I'm not knocking bailout at all, just saying starting out learning without it, im not used to it, and the idea of hitting a button and hoping it does the right thing makes me nervous. Do you think it's possible the loud crunch was your gear stripping for some reason? Do you have the AR7210bx controlling your governor? If so, could it have spiked up the throttle to hard, to fast, stripping the gear.
jasond1979 likes this.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds to me like your servo limits were too high, allowing the automatic inputs from the ar7210 to cause a tail boom strike.

If you give the flybarless controller too much cyclic limit, when it goes to aggressively flip the heli the main blades can flex too far and actually impact the tail boom. Usually those crashes have a rather spectacular explosion of parts mid air.

Could be other things, but just my 2 cents based on your story.

Try turning down the limits allowed for your “cyclic ring” it’s called in some flybarless setups, not sure exactly what the setting is called in the 7210.

Cheers to rebuilding, we all do it.
SARCasm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in