Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Heads and Rotor Blades

Heads and Rotor Blades Heads and Rotor Blades Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ch53 with 6 blades rotorhead or 5 ???

Hi guys,

I am in the process of getting the Vario Ch53 fuselage, it will eventually be an electric bird not turbine, but then since Vario makes the super stallion version which is happened to be a 7-blades rotorhead in real thing, I thought why to go with Vario 6-blades rotorhead, better go with 5-blades rotorhead since going with 6-blades rotorhead is not scale to begin with at least for the super stallion version, and the R/C model version of the 7-blades rotorhead is not available to make the bird true scale.

You might be wondering the reason for me to take 5-blade route, it is actually simply the cost and also to decrease the stress on the mechanics system as a whole.

But I still wants to hear different opinions on this matter, what do you guys think ? am I right in this thinking process ??

Any inputs is highly appreciate it !.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

helikas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2018, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

CH53 series of helicopters has a 6 blade head... all but the CH53K, which has a 7 blade head (and three engines)...

https://web.archive.org/web/20061109...ywing/ch53.htm

Global Aircraft -- CH-53 Sea Stallion

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...updated-01724/

So if you decide to build a scale helicopter... I would suggest you go all the way and use the 6 blade head... and if you're set on the K model... there are smart people that can help you make the 7 blade head....

There is a tallented modeller that made his own fuselage and mechanics...
Danny from Israel is an inspiration...
ScaleRCHelis.com ? View topic - 2.5 Meter Scratch Build SIKORSKY CH-53

but there are plenty of build threads of the Vario fuselage that can serve as example of what can be done...

Klem
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CH-53E has a 7 blade head, 3 engines a canted tail and is still in service today. The CH-53A/D had 6 blades and 2 engines. .
SprinklesJimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you , I think I will just go with 5 blade rotor head for now and down the road will upgrade to 6 or may be even 7 if they are ever available then.

On a side note though, do you know of any one who can custom made the 7 rotorhead for me ?

Thank you again !
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhunting View Post
CH53 series of helicopters has a 6 blade head... all but the CH53K, which has a 7 blade head (and three engines)...

https://web.archive.org/web/20061109...ywing/ch53.htm

Global Aircraft -- CH-53 Sea Stallion

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...updated-01724/

So if you decide to build a scale helicopter... I would suggest you go all the way and use the 6 blade head... and if you're set on the K model... there are smart people that can help you make the 7 blade head....

There is a tallented modeller that made his own fuselage and mechanics...
Danny from Israel is an inspiration...
ScaleRCHelis.com ? View topic - 2.5 Meter Scratch Build SIKORSKY CH-53

but there are plenty of build threads of the Vario fuselage that can serve as example of what can be done...

Klem
Old 05-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is correct, and I think the Vario version is the one with 7 blades.
Also to add, The 5-blade rotorhead is odd and the 7-blade rotorhead is odd as well ,so the closest to the 7 is 5 not 6 since in 6 rotorhead, each blade is facing the opposing but in 7 and 5 is not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinklesJimmy View Post
The CH-53E has a 7 blade head, 3 engines a canted tail and is still in service today. The CH-53A/D had 6 blades and 2 engines. .

Last edited by helikas; 05-22-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Old 05-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I know of one person that is fully capable of making such a head and has done so for a 10ft. long CH-53 Super Stallion but he is in Israel. His work is found on scalerchelis.com and it is superb but I doubt he takes on any piecework however, nothing ventured, nothing gained. There are a few that I have seen at various scale meets with custom made heads but none are looking to do that job for anyone but themselves and their projects. Your plan on the 5 blade head is good for the moment and maybe later you can find a 7 blade head. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
I know of one person that is fully capable of making such a head and has done so for a 10ft. long CH-53 Super Stallion but he is in Israel. His work is found on scalerchelis.com and it is superb but I doubt he takes on any piecework however, nothing ventured, nothing gained. There are a few that I have seen at various scale meets with custom made heads but none are looking to do that job for anyone but themselves and their projects. Your plan on the 5 blade head is good for the moment and maybe later you can find a 7 blade head. Take care.

Don
Thank you Don, yea that is the plan for now, 5-blade it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in