Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trim Needed

Ok, I finally got this MCPS all figured out I think. I have SAFE turned off, put the DR and Expo on the flight mode switch instead of switch F (which the manual and downloaded file from Spektrum calls for, why, I have no idea). Heli is bound properly with holding the rudder stick to the right when binding, etc.

The only issue I have remaining is the heli wants to pulls to the left and slightly forward when hovering. What can be causing that, and what is the proper way to correct it? Heli is new and no crashes. I would think if it was caused by something being bent or out of balance then the heli would move off in random directions, not steady in on direction. Any suggestions?
rc_heli_flier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure the battery cable isn't mashed up under the canopy near where it attaches to the controller board. It needs to cleanly exit the controller and pass by the servo gear without touching or snagging anything. Sometimes that cable can push on the controller board (it needs to float freely with those rubber boot/mounts) and can make it think the heli is tilted somewhat and that it falsely needs compensation.
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Make sure the battery cable isn't mashed up under the canopy near where it attaches to the controller board. It needs to cleanly exit the controller and pass by the servo gear without touching or snagging anything. Sometimes that cable can push on the controller board (it needs to float freely with those rubber boot/mounts) and can make it think the heli is tilted somewhat and that it falsely needs compensation.
No, it's routed so it doesn't touch anything. The SPM file from Horizon had trim in it for several of the axis, so even though you're not supposed to add trim with these systems Horizon did, so I assume its ok to do so. Adding the trim corrected the drift.
If anyone has an idea of how to correct the drift without adding trim in the transmitter please let me know.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you disable trim, then do a trim flight?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi rc_heli_flier,

Would like to ask you some questions.

1 The swashplate, level?
2 The swashplate, mid stick zero pitch?
3 COG, somewhere around in the main shaft?
4 All trims and subtrims, zero?

5 Drifting to the left is normal.
Refer to the following you tube.
Day 4 - Learning To Hover (7 min 24 sec)
capt_charisma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Capt. but all of that is set properly. I've been flying helis for 18 years and it just seems odd to me that it pulls so much to the left. It's not a slow drift and it still does it when its up out of ground effect. Adding trim on the transmitter stops it, but certainly that can't be the answer as that just masks the issue. Still, using trim isn't supposed to work on these flybarless systems, but in this case it does.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have completely the same issue. My heli goes to left-forward, and I dont know how to fix this. For this problem, I'm not able to start the flight, because it falls to the left.
davidozzo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Drift to left and front

I have same problem
Drift to the left and front
The heli its so quick you can not fly whit it verry disapoint

Iam using a spektrum dx 18 any help its welcome

Thanks
marco.m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to adjust the linkages to the swashplate to get it to hover in place with no trim. Because the ball links have a bigger taper on one side you can only adjust by full turns. If you need less slightly straighten or bend the link.
Once I did that and got the trims and subtrims zeroed it flies much better.
Bargee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

In what mode do you fly the MCPs when you have the drift issue?

Is 6-axis / stability turned on or off?

Newer helis like NanoCP S2 support a "drift calibration" procedure in the manual (probably especially for the stability mode).

Is there any difference between agility / 3d mode?

Drifts (in 3-axis mode) usually can happen because of:

- vibrations: FBL chips / gyros get heavily confused

- not perfect blade tracking
(when blades turn with motor on and mid stick (zero pitch) you should only see ONE single line, not two blades; I use a "protection glass" for my eyes to prevent if the head comes off!!)

- bent feathering shaft
- main shaft not OK
- main blades not OK (either center of gravity, out of balance)
- [brushless outrunner, not applicable to the MCPs: engine bell does not run smoothly, has an unbalance]

- main hear wobbles
(you will see it easily when you take of the head, loosen the collar and rotate the main gear with the main shaft in the two bearings of the main frame)

My XK K110 (BL) also has in 6G mode a quite bad heavy drift and I think I need to play around with the foam pad (I replaced with 3M VHB 4991).
Works much better in 3G (3 axis) mode.

I finally recognized that the main gear wobbles.

Feathering shaft / spindle is not bad (unscrew one side of the blade and use spindle tool / screw driver to make a full turn to see if the other side goes up / down).

Funnily other RC pilots tell me that they NEVER check the main blades or try to balance them on the micro CP helis (and I cannot remember that I did it on the NanoCPX).

I almost can not trim it out in 6G / stability mode so bad is the ELEV difference.
I will probably just give up on the 6G mode when another foam pad or changed main gear + changed main shaft won't resolve the issue.
Last resort will be changing the spindle as main blades have already been changed.

If the MCPs does not offer a "calibration flight" for the stability thing, then I would enable flight mode (FM0) trims and do the click trimming in stability mode.
But first make sure that your 3-axis mode works better with a levelled swashplate.
With that you only have to "workaround" the stability mode drifts on FM0 but you can go with "no trims" on the other FM1/FM2 modes.

I hear that other people turn the servo pushrods on their K100/K110 if they still get any drifts in 3-axis mode (even the swashplate is levelled).
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in