Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Like Tree234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I guess I never really thought about it before. It's awesome they are willing to let the Protos helis live on and not just "cutting their losses" and letting it die Kudos to XL Power for providing the hobby with continued support and variety!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Michaelinpr and Freeskiken like this.
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it's great news - whether or not it makes economical sense to continue making spares for the original Protos and Mini-Protos might be doubtful - let's hope so (even if it is just a one-off run we would be able to buy a stockpile).

As a recent Protos 380 purchaser in addition to my M-P and Protos I'm hoping that their manufacturing in China might allow them to reduce some price of expensive parts in the same way that the cloners have reduced parts costs
Mikej is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post deleted.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

We will do all parts and kits in the near future. Mini protos. protos. 380.700.and nitro.
Hope you can support us. both xlpower and msh. Thank you
Old 01-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakabun View Post
We will do all parts and kits in the near future. Mini protos. protos. 380.700.and nitro.
I will! Thanks rakabun!
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Me too - 2 x Mini Protos, 2 x Protos, Protos 380

I'll start flying them again
Old 01-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

.....You had me at Nitro! I'll be first inline! Thank you rakabun!!
Michaelinpr likes this.

-Ideals are peaceful - history is violent.
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
Quote:
Hope you can support us.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_ peace.gif[/IMG] both xlpower and msh. Thank you [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif[/IMG]

.....You had me at Nitro! I'll be first inline! Thank you rakabun!!
Just let us know when available for pre order! I'm sure a lot of us will jump on it!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:55 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I got the Protos 500 many years ago, one of the innovative features was the extensive use of well engineered plastics when most of the competition was using cnc parts. If I remember correctly, MSH started with only the Gorilla landing gear which got a reputation of being almost indestructible.
I hope that the new MSH keeps the same materials and quality that MSH had in the past.
Michaelinpr likes this.
rporonga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 04:55 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not trying to be mean judgmental or cheap... But it kind of sounds a little fishy to me. More manufacturers selling to China. Now I know Raku who is an avid developer and I supported the hobby strongly but msh did the same for a long time. I almost bought msh heli is a couple times...

But now I am scared of them losing their uniqueness.... As is the same with XL power... I mean motobecane was sold to China.... China clones whole cars with thier industrial manufacturing discipline... Just like the new electric Harley-Davidson it's mostly produced with Chinese designed and built parts.... Volkswagens made in Mexico... BMW's made in Alabama....

Overpriced and trying to fill a Nick that it never became famous for to cater to an audience that they hope to do nothing but receive payments from. Msh had a personal connection to the Forum and a passion for the hobby I will sorely miss it. Good luck with your Endeavor XL power.
zurgxd likes this.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:12 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

As an owner of 5 MSH helis that would otherwise become shelf queens, I'm all for it - anything that will keep them in the air.

XL-Power won't be cloning anything - just taking advantage of the lower production costs in China. Unique is great - but not if you can't risk flying it due to lack of spares....
Old 01-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's great info!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H870 przy użyciu Tapatalka
pkali is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
oh yess !!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdipstick View Post
Not trying to be mean judgmental or cheap... But it kind of sounds a little fishy to me. More manufacturers selling to China. Now I know Raku who is an avid developer and I supported the hobby strongly but msh did the same for a long time. I almost bought msh heli is a couple times...

But now I am scared of them losing their uniqueness.... As is the same with XL power... I mean motobecane was sold to China.... China clones whole cars with thier industrial manufacturing discipline... Just like the new electric Harley-Davidson it's mostly produced with Chinese designed and built parts.... Volkswagens made in Mexico... BMW's made in Alabama....

Overpriced and trying to fill a Nick that it never became famous for to cater to an audience that they hope to do nothing but receive payments from. Msh had a personal connection to the Forum and a passion for the hobby I will sorely miss it. Good luck with your Endeavor XL power.
I can understand your concerns. But fishy? Maybe not what you meant.

CNC Parts for MSH as it was owned prior to this transition of ownership were made in Asia. Not Italy. Vietnam i believe. I cant remember where the plastics were done.

From what i have heard XL Power has an extremely capable plastics factory. This was a concern i had but have been assured they have more than the facilities and capabilities.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdipstick View Post

MSH as it was failed. You can partly blame the declining market. But as always most of the blame goes to the company itself. No excuses.

These days the companies that survive have multiple verticals. Meaning income from multiple industries. It’s nearly impossible to build a company that is solvent solely on our hobby. Minor exceptions with electronics with higher margins.

The price point we demand, the quality we need, yet without the economy of scale (volume price reduction), makes the market nearly non-viable.

Now some companies have the right mfg relationships where they can get this volume pricing without the volume. Frankly MSH didn’t have that. XLP has that.

So down to the core of your concern - the designers are gone. My input on the designs is gone. So for future “MSH” designs, what will be the result? Frankly - there won’t be new msh designs. But hopefully some of the great aspects of the msh design dna are fused into future XLP endeavors. Really this is how any acquisition works. Except here all the acquisition was material and design. None of the “engineers” are part of this acquisition.

Hope this clarifies things.

The Specter is a really great heli. That’s seeing great market acceptance. Clearly they know what the hell they are doing. It’s no easy feat to release a low cost appealing model in 2018.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
So down to the core of your concern - the designers are gone. My input on the designs is gone. So for future “MSH” designs, what will be the result? Frankly - there won’t be new msh designs. But hopefully some of the great aspects of the msh design dna are fused into future XLP endeavors. Really this is how any acquisition works. Except here all the acquisition was material and design. None of the “engineers” are part of this acquisition.
I hope XL Power continues to develop the MSH line with their own engineers. If a product doesn't keep on evolving it's only surviving on borrowed time.
Yfbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

OTS, why can't you still be a part of the development of new MSH helis with XLP?
PRC Hardline 308Duo
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildFlyCrashRepeat View Post
OTS, why can't you still be a part of the development of new MSH helis with XLP?
Just time for me to focus on other stuff. Not beat the old one forever.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfbb View Post
I hope XL Power continues to develop the MSH line with their own engineers. If a product doesn't keep on evolving it's only surviving on borrowed time.
I can't speak for their plans, because I have no clue. But my guess is the Nitro may be the last new "MSH" heli. Anything ground up designed will always be XLP branded. Not MSH. But there is a strong chance some of the key technology MSH worked on, works its way into XLP designs. Just depends on what they like, and what influences them.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Just time for me to focus on other stuff. Not beat the old one forever.
Thanks for the reply. I understand your decision. When the OTS700 comes out I’ll be the first to preorder it
PRC Hardline 308Duo
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in