Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 500X

Blade 500X Blade 500X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JonJet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Binding Blade 500X to DX8 Gen2

Any help appreciated. I have been flying my B500X with a DX6i for several years and just got a DX8 Gen2. It binds ok except for the ESC. It is all stock with AR7200 Beast X and stock ESC. The Beast X seems to bind and all servos work correctly but the ESC will not bind. I tried to calibrate the ESC with throttle high and bring to low but nothing is working.

Any ideas?
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Binding Blade 500X to DX8 Gen 2

Any help appreciated. I have been flying my B500X with a DX6i for several years and just got a DX8 Gen2. It binds ok except for the ESC. It is all stock with AR7200 Beast X and stock ESC. The Beast X seems to bind and all servos work correctly but the ESC will not bind. I tried to calibrate the ESC with throttle high and bring to low but nothing is working.

Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ESC does not "bind"...but it does need to see zero throttle before it will initialize so you need to do the ESC's calibration to your TX

Make sure that your Throttle Curve is linear 0-25-50-75-100 and that your front panel subtrims are all at zero

Move motor away from main gear or remove all blades
TX on...throttle stick to high
Plug in battery...wait for beeps
Throttle to low stick...beeps...you are set

Additionally...you should never post the same question in two different sub-forums...it is known as cross-posting and is frowned upon by HeliFreak Staff and Moderators
therick04pp likes this.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehlke View Post

Any ideas?
The ar7200 won't initialize at high throttle, so you need to power the AR7200 with an outside source and remove the center wire from the esc lead going into the 7200, to do the esc endpoint calibration. I made a servo lead jumper with the center wire removed on the esc to AR lead and use a scorpion backup guard to power the AR during setup.

Here's a video that should help. It is for a Castle esc, but is relevant for any esc with the ar7200.

Castle ESC Endpoint Calibration with AR7200BX (14 min 3 sec)

Last edited by therick04pp; 01-01-2019 at 07:12 PM..
therick04pp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Happy New Year.

For some unknown reason, your ESC is not seeing a "Zero" throttle signal or it would initialize. Let's get this out of the way, take the blades off, first. Make sure you have no sub-trim on the throttle and that the trim is still active in the System menu. Check that servo direction for the throttle channel is normal and now plug in the battery on the model. Your trim should be in the middle on all sticks so slowly start to lower the trim for the throttle channel and listen for the ESC to arm. I have seen where some E-Flite ESCs would not arm unless the trim was set to less than mid-point and although I most likely have the same or similar ESC in my Carbon Cessna which arms at mid trim, it could be programmed from the factory differently for the helicopters. Hope this might help.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Strange that it's not working. It might be a difference in the default throttle curve for Hold mode between the DX6i and the DX8. Look for other differences in the model setup with regard to throttle on the two transmitters. The key is the low end of the throttle - with the DX8, the ESC doesn't think the signal it's seeing is low enough to correspond to 0 throttle.

The suggestion above about working with the throttle trim is a good one to help understand what's going on. Use the Monitor screen on the DX8 to find out what value the transmitter is sending on the THR channel when you find get it low enough for the ESC to recognize it.

You may have to do the ESC calibration with a more simplistic receiver than the AR7200. Do you have any other Spektrum receivers lying around?
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you all very much. I got it.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you all very much. I got it
Old 01-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehlke View Post
Thank you all very much. I got it.
Glad to hear it...
You might want to stock up on main gears...
They recently had another run made but I doubt they will do it again
Old 01-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation Merged Threads

And please do not cross post.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2020, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up buying a little USB satellite bind adaptor for this reason. No battery, FBL, ESC, or receiver needed.

Makes life easier.

Dave
dwoof is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in