Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heresy but..

Ok I know but I am going to put a Spirit in my new Logo 700 and cannot get an answer on the Spirit forum.

Anyone using Spirit in your Logo 700 and if so what setting are you using since in the software it only shows up to 600 and than skip to the 800?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried both a Spirit Pro and a Brain2/BT on the Logo 700. Both units worked very well. I preferred the Spirit Pro, and that's what I was using up to now. The only reason I switched from Spirit Pro to Neo is that now I am using the VBC Touch radio. If Spirit ever releases their own Spirit Touch radio, I would not hesitate to switch back to Spirit.

As far as choosing 600 size vs. 800 size on the Spirit, this seems to be a new feature. I performed my setup before the Spirit software offered the option to choose a helicopter size.

For the mechanical setup, I used the Mikado cyclic servo arms, middle (17mm) hole.

Spirit Collective Range: 149 (+12.2°/-12.2°)
Cyclic 152: Elevator +10.0/-10.8° and Aileron +11.5°/-11.8°)
Spirit 6° = 107

Spirit Rudder Common Gain: 1.00x for all three banks

Spirit Pirouette Consistency: 200 @ 1800rpm bank, 191 @ 1950rpm bank, and 187 @ 2070rpm bank.

Elevator filter = "3" for all 3 banks
Old 01-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks a lot curmudgeon much appreciate the help.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
If Spirit ever releases their own Spirit Touch radio, I would not hesitate to switch back to Spirit.
Spirit already has full integration with a wide range of transmitters. I've tried Spektrum and Jeti integration with the Spirit. They both work but Jeti is far the better.

Of course it's never going to be quite a seamless as a one brand solution but with the Jeti it's pretty close IMHO. Plus you have the advantage that you have an open system so you aren't locket to a single brand.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Smoggie is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sold 8 Spirit Pro's last quarter along with the Jeti DS-24 transmitter and Jeti REX6 and REX7 receivers, so am pretty familiar with the advantages as well as the limitations of both Spirit and Jeti. Again, I consider Spirit is tops, but the Spirit-to-Jeti integration is nowhere what it is for VBC Touch and Neo units. The VBC Touch and Neo Vlink units are designed from the ground up to not need a computer at all. As far as Jeti integration, the Jeti integration interface with Brain2 is superior to that of Spirit mainly because you can display all three banks simultaneously with Brain2, but display only one bank at a time with Spirit. Yes, you can get by not bringing your laptop to the field and just rely on the Jeti-Spirit integration to make parameter adjustments, but it is a clunky process.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear you Curmudgeon, since I also fly planes and jets Jeti is the way to go for me.

In so far as integration of Spirit the jury is still out for me but it is the better choice so far since I am sticking with Jeti.

Axon and Brain2 are in the running for ease of installation and set up but I still have to compare them in flight more.

Too much to do and too little time.

Isn’t it great to have still so many good choice in this shrinking market.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope you enjoyed the Spirit Pro on the Logo 700 as much as I did.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, if you plan to use the Kontronik ESC's with the Spirit Pro, don't waste money on the expensive Kontronik TelMe telemetry units. The much much cheaper Spirit telemetry wires will give you the same telemetry numbers as the TelMe units. I had both the TelMe (Jeti version) and the Spirit telemetry wires connected on my helis, and the telemetry numbers were the same for both.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
BTW, if you plan to use the Kontronik ESC's with the Spirit Pro, don't waste money on the expensive Kontronik TelMe telemetry units. The much much cheaper Spirit telemetry wires will give you the same telemetry numbers as the TelMe units. I had both the TelMe (Jeti version) and the Spirit telemetry wires connected on my helis, and the telemetry numbers were the same for both.
Yes I knew that one but thank for the advice none the less, appreciate your time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in