Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Goblin 280

Goblin 280 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 280 Helicopters

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopoint View Post
I have ordered a SAB tail servo to replace my BK servo. I will see if that helps the problem.
Please let us know what it does.
bclark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. Replacing the tail servo is quite the pain! I have the servo replaced and just need to put everything back together and do a flight test.

Just curious how many people with the shaking issue are using the ESC gov versus the brain Gov. I am using the ESC Gov, and am considering making a cable to use the brain gov. But I will test with just the servo replacement first.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using the Ikon2 governor.
When I first started working on the issue, I was told to try without the governor altogether, and I did with no change. I haven't tried the esc governor.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. I will see if the change in servo helps.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:03 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too am having this issue on my Havok am using Spirit fbl.
Wondering if esc setting has anything to do with it.
jchen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchen View Post
I too am having this issue on my Havok am using Spirit fbl.
Wondering if esc setting has anything to do with it.
Funny you mention this as I was thinking the same thing just this weekend. After going through my tail several times the action on the slider is super smooth, will slide down under it's own weight. Ball links are not tight. Boom is solid. Bearing assembly correct in tail grips. So I was messing with gains, spirit as well, just can't seem to beat it. I went as low as 45 and settled around 55, for now. But it's still there so I started to think about disabling esc gov and using spirit gov to see if there's any difference.

Last edited by blarks; 08-13-2019 at 03:33 AM..
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 02:12 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

With all the upgraded goodies that's already on the Havok, this was the last thing on my mind Blarks. That 3m tape comment does make some sense to me, will give it a try & see what happens.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:36 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With all the upgraded goodies that's already on the Havok, this was the last thing on my mind Blarks. That 3m tape comment does make some sense to me, will give it a try & see what happens.
Yes please report back if you try it and results. Seems so many people have this problem with the fireball there has to be something causing it. I'm not sure the backlash in the motor and shaft has anything to do with wag as once its spooled the lash would be gone as there is constant forward force, but anything's possible at this point.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:36 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't it strange that Sab isn't issuing any tech advice. I suspect if gov is disengage the issue will be solved & perhaps a firmware update.
As there's no owb I believe Sab uses the back lash as a sort of anti lag
device to help maintain proper hs under gov control.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Isn't it strange that Sab isn't issuing any tech advice. I suspect if gov is disengage the issue will be solved & perhaps a firmware update.
As there's no owb I believe Sab uses the back lash as a sort of anti lag
device to help maintain proper hs under gov control.
Yeah I don't know if there's anything about it on their FB page but I don't use FB and don't care to so wouldn't know but it would be nice if we could find a solid solution. i do find it surprising that so many people have had the problem and what seems to work for one may not work for another. I have 2 flying, one has stock setup and other is stock with savox servos and both have the same wag. I have 2 oxy 2's, an oxy 3 and a goblin 380 and all fly fine, the oxy 3 did have a small wag but after some mechanical tweaks it's fine. I was going to buy new thinking my 2nd hand ones were at fault but I'm not sure now.

I will try the fbl gov this weekend to see if there's any change.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had mine on the Ikon2 governor, and also tried with no governor, and saw no change.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark View Post
I had mine on the Ikon2 governor, and also tried with no governor, and saw no change.
hmm ok, there goes that idea. Did you try the 3m tape inside the coupling area as was suggested?
Old 08-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark View Post
Just wondering if you’ve looked at your vib logs. When I built my fireball, the motor side tail pulley was plastic and distorted when it was mounted. I replaced it with the Lynx aluminum. I wonder if the tail pulley (on the motor) is causing some of these issues.
JimJW is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
Just wondering if you’ve looked at your vib logs. When I built my fireball, the motor side tail pulley was plastic and distorted when it was mounted. I replaced it with the Lynx aluminum. I wonder if the tail pulley (on the motor) is causing some of these issues.
Interesting. I never considered this and just thought of the alloy pulley being bling, thanks JimJW, something else to check out.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:59 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haven't looked at the logs and haven't tried the tape in the couple yet. I guess I could try this and see what happens.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:19 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys
Found a partial solution to tail wag. This Im afraid might be specific to Spirit fbl users only, I not longer have tail wag in hover. The key is to move the servo ball link to the outer most of the servo horn. Rudder end points should be around 90/125. But in FF I have tail wag have to decrease gyro gain down to around 40 for 60% throttle & 31 for 70% throttle.
Had an email exchange with Tomas & he suggested to increase piroutte consistency to 170 & to try rudder revo mix between 3-4.
Will report back if the recommendation will works.
For other FBL perhaps you guys can try with moving the ball link to test.

Cheers
Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Guys
Found a partial solution to tail wag. This Im afraid might be specific to Spirit fbl users only, I not longer have tail wag in hover. The key is to move the servo ball link to the outer most of the servo horn. Rudder end points should be around 90/125. But in FF I have tail wag have to decrease gyro gain down to around 40 for 60% throttle & 31 for 70% throttle.
Had an email exchange with Tomas & he suggested to increase piroutte consistency to 170 & to try rudder revo mix between 3-4.
Will report back if the recommendation will works.
For other FBL perhaps you guys can try with moving the ball link to test.

Cheers
Thanks jchen. I had gone down 45% at 75% throttle and from memory I think it was worse but will have another go on the weekend. Let us know if you have any luck in the meantime.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I tried a few things today, Tried gains from 25 to 65 and really didn't see a lot of difference, have it at 45 at the moment as a happy medium. Tried revomix from 0 to 10 with again not a lot of difference, put it back to 0. Tried rudder delay from 0 to 6, again not much difference. None of these seem to rid the wag altogether. I haven't got another servo horn at the moment to try the wider distance as mentioned above. So jchen if you have tried the outer servo hole let us know if it made any difference. At the moment I'm still at a loss as to what to do.

Has anyone else tried the 3m tape idea in the motor coupling area to see if this has made any difference to their wag?
Old 08-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my tail gain at 23 with ikon2 gov with Futaba tape. My vib log was vey low. I also sanded the tail shaft so it was glassy smooth. Plus I’m not a very good pilot and can’t push a heli to its limits
Old 08-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior10 View Post
I had my tail gain at 23 with ikon2 gov with Futaba tape. My vib log was vey low. I also sanded the tail shaft so it was glassy smooth. Plus Iím not a very good pilot and canít push a heli to its limits��
Did you have wag and did the gain at 23 fix it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in