Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 600sx v2

Hi I have been looking at the 600sx v2 on 12s, for some time now and I have some questions I hope you can help me with.
1: will a HOBBYWING Platinum Pro hv 130 v4 be to heavy for the logo?
2: I will be flying with 2x3300mah 6s, what flight time can I expect to get out of it?
3: what head speeds do you guys run? I would like a slow one and one with some pop to it
That’s all I have now 😊
Yoda 2302 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda 2302 View Post
Hi I have been looking at the 600sx v2 on 12s, for some time now and I have some questions I hope you can help me with.
1: will a HOBBYWING Platinum Pro hv 130 v4 be to heavy for the logo?
2: I will be flying with 2x3300mah 6s, what flight time can I expect to get out of it?
3: what head speeds do you guys run? I would like a slow one and one with some pop to it
Thatís all I have now 😊
pretty sure the hw 130 will fit, but I ran a hw 100 HV with a separate bec, but now I run the tribunus 130 and that fits as well. I use 3300's too..
head speed on mine is 1900-2000-2100 and usually don't go over 2000.. I have the stock 4035-450 motor with the 12t pinion.
1900 seems nice and theres a couple vids here even lower for long flights and of course, the slamin 3d pop that your looking for.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect esc for it. I use it on mine. Full telemetry with brain2 or ikon2 and spektrum.

I fly sport at 1500 rpm and can get 10 mins. That is with 3300mah batts.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi guys
Thanks for your response it’s much appreciated.
The reason I want to go with the HOBBYWING is because I own 2 of them and I have the program box, so it’s a easy decision.
10 minutes that’s just crazy, but I like it 😄 it will come in handy wenn I practice orientation.
Yeah I read somewhere not to go above 2200 but I think 2200 will be plenty for me.
The static kit is the thing I’m most worried about. Does it come both for the tail and motor mount?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi guys
Thanks for your response it’s much appreciated.
The reason I want to go with the HOBBYWING is because I own 2 of them and I have the program box, so it’s a easy decision.
10 minutes that’s just crazy, but I like it 😄 it will come in handy wenn I practice orientation.
Yeah I read somewhere not to go above 2200 but I think 2200 will be plenty for me.
The static kit is the thing I’m most worried about. Does it come both for the tail and motor mount?
the static kit is one complet unit..part # 04358
2200 is ballistic..

what motor do you have as gearing can be finicky.. this heli doesn't mind lower kv motors. its actually geared to them.
but the hw has active freewheeling, so that helps with poorly geared setups.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi I will order the kit with the 12s Scorpion HKlll 4035-450 kv and the kit comes with a 11 t pinion. Will the 11 t pinion be enough or should I go with a 12 t pinion?
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi I will order the kit with the 12s Scorpion HKlll 4035-450 kv and the kit comes with a 11 t pinion. Will the 11 t pinion be enough or should I go with a 12 t pinion?
I like having tuning options, so having some pinions will always help get me where I like to fly, but I believe im using a 12t and neo gov. so It wouldn't hurt to have a 12 also.
its a fantastic heli, you will love it.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

1 Hobbywing 130A is ok.
2 with 3300mah 12S flight time will vary from 5-6 min to 4 min depending on headspeed.
3 Headspeed 2050-2200
4 11T pinion for 450kv motor is too small.12T is minimum you should use but even that pinion was too small on my friends logo 600(which has all above mentioned setup) and we installed 14T to have some room for governor.
He runs Neo gov now switching from Hobbywing internal gov.
racer-g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-g View Post
1 Hobbywing 130A is ok.
2 with 3300mah 12S flight time will vary from 5-6 min to 4 min depending on headspeed.
3 Headspeed 2050-2200
4 11T pinion for 450kv motor is too small.12T is minimum you should use but even that pinion was too small on my friends logo 600(which has all above mentioned setup) and we installed 14T to have some room for governor.
He runs Neo gov now switching from Hobbywing internal gov.
I have the same setup as your pal, but im using a scorp tribunus 130 and gov out is perfect with a 12t..1900-2000-2100..neo gov as well. plenty of room for gov.. I think it said 80% at 1900.. a 14t would be insane head speed imo. if I wanted I could go to 2200rpms with my gearing.
check your gov out in the vcontrol next time and see what it says in a hover.. I think youll be surprised.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well one of you must have the wrong head speed😄👍🏻 I don’t get it, why does mikado include a 11t wenn 12-14t is needed to achieve the right head speed?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well one of you must have the wrong head speed😄👍🏻 I don’t get it, why does mikado include a 11t wenn 12-14t is needed to achieve the right head speed?
all I know is im running a 4035-450 and a 12t pinion and 1900-2000-2100 and its great.. my gov out is 80% at 1900 according to my tribunus, which is perfect for gov overhead and I don't get any alarms in my vcontrol about it.. that's a fact. I don't know what head speed he is running or his data for running a 14t.. seems high to me and unnessary on such a light heli. but its yours and his heli, run what you want.. it doesn't make sense, he says for the gov to have overhead, but using a 14t would contradict that statement.
all im saying is im using a 12t with a stock motor. use what you want, but to get your head speed dialed in, you need a couple of pinions.
a good head speed calc is mr mels.. its a great tool and I use it to get my gearing pretty much right the first time, then I check it with my vcontrol and gov out of the tribunus. here is the link to mr mels.. vvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://heli.dacsa.net/
Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What is the right headspeed? Just because you want to spin it to max and beyond does not mean that the majority of buyers will want the same. I do not run my 550SX V2 nearly as high as you want to run your 600SX. There is no right or wrong headspeed, how would Mikado know what each purchaser is going to want. People really complain when company's do not include a pinion also. So I would guess they look at what most have ran over the years and went with the most common gearing sold.The 11 tooth will still put you up to 1900 rpm on an external governor which is more than most sport flyers would want and that is who buy a very large percent of helicopters sold. We sure do not want them to go the way Align did and make the backlash fixed and only one pinion choice!! Take care
Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
What is the right headspeed? Just because you want to spin it to max and beyond does not mean that the majority of buyers will want the same. I do not run my 550SX V2 nearly as high as you want to run your 600SX. There is no right or wrong headspeed, how would Mikado know what each purchaser is going to want. People really complain when company's do not include a pinion also. So I would guess they look at what most have ran over the years and went with the most common gearing sold.The 11 tooth will still put you up to 1900 rpm on an external governor which is more than most sport flyers would want and that is who buy a very large percent of helicopters sold. We sure do not want them to go the way Align did and make the backlash fixed and only one pinion choice!! Take care
Bingo.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just taking a quick and dirty look at a headspeed/gov calculation on the Castle program, since Mikado does also include the 560kv motor as an option, and that works well for a max headspeed of 2100 rpm on the 11t pinion, that might be why that is the included pinion in the kit. My 700 did not come with a pinion, so you have at least one.

I'm running my 600SX on 6s with a 960kv Align 730 motor @ 2100 rpm on a 13t pinion and it works well. I'm running that setup on the 6s-120 Tribunus as a test bed for a buddy, and I am close to deciding to go with that full time, as I am not a hard smack flyer, but I do FAI style big air aerobatics, and that combo fits my flying style just fine.

FWIW, if you want to be running the higher headspeed on the 450kv motor, you will have to go with a bigger pinion.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

the 560 was for 10s..
Old 02-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 450kv on mine on 12S with the 13T and a Kontronik Jive 80HV. I’m running 78% with a headspeed of 2150 and it’s great. I’m getting 4 min coming down at 3.85 so I could go even longer. I’m only running pulse 3300 mah, so I could bump up to 4000mah for longer flight times.

Oxy 4 Max. Quantum motor, Kst cyclic & tail, HW 60, Ikon 2.
Oxy 2 Stretched 215mm. Lynx motor, MKS cyclic, Spektrum tail. Talon 35esc, Mirco brain.
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 12:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades345 View Post
I have the 450kv on mine on 12S with the 13T and a Kontronik Jive 80HV. I’m running 78% with a headspeed of 2150 and it’s great. I’m getting 4 min coming down at 3.85 so I could go even longer. I’m only running pulse 3300 mah, so I could bump up to 4000mah for longer flight times.
thickfog gets 10 min with 3300's just by lowering his head speed. 4000's in a logo 600 would just make it heavier.

post #3
Old 02-12-2019, 01:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tony
Thanks for the link 👍🏻
Guys I think you’re misunderstanding me, I have no intention on running 2200. I want one for a low head speed to train orientation and one for 3D and since the logo is so light I don’t need high head speed and can get longer flight times. The pop will come at lower head speed because it’s so light I used to own a trex 600 pro and that thing was like flying a brick and if you wanted that pop you had to use crazy high head speed and flight time is suffering big time. I have only tried a trex 600 and a beam 600 in 600 size that’s all I have to compare with
Old 02-12-2019, 02:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like the 11 might work for you then.. what radio and fbl, esc are you using? deff try to use a gov..
Old 02-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run a 11t on mine and it moves nice, not crazy power.
Def worth trying 👍😊
Luigi_tuga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in