Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda 2302 View Post
Lol yes. I was trying to be polite and watch my Language wenn talking about fitting the tail servo. I was really pissed wenn I was working on it. Honestly wenn building it, reminds me of something from the late 80ís and I keep thinking come on Mikado itís 2020 now..
I have sanded one of the trays and it slides ok, but I need to sand it a little more to slide in nice.
Canít wait to maiden it, and I hope it flies really nice
You'd think when they did the v2 frame upgrade they could have adjusted the mold a tad to allow easier servo ingress. Weird. Mikado does strange stuff at times.
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2020, 02:18 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Quote:
Lol yes. I was trying to be polite and watch my Language wenn talking about fitting the tail servo. I was really pissed wenn I was working on it. Honestly wenn building it, reminds me of something from the late 80’s and I keep thinking come on Mikado it’s 2020 now..
I have sanded one of the trays and it slides ok, but I need to sand it a little more to slide in nice.
Can’t wait to maiden it, and I hope it flies really nice[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
You'd think when they did the v2 frame upgrade they could have adjusted the mold a tad to allow easier servo ingress. Weird. Mikado does strange stuff at times.
Yes that would have been nice and a lot easier.
I have not mounted the rest of electronics yet.
Well see wenn I get around to it.
Yoda 2302 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 02:27 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I finally finished the build and El Logo was ready to maiden flight.
Maiden went fine and I really loves the way it flies.
It flies really smooth and very precise, I put 6 flights on it and I had a big smile on my face in every flight.

But if I was to crash it, I would not rebuild it. I must admit I hated everything about building it, it wasn’t fun and smooth,like a build should be in my opinion.
And maybe that’s why it took me so long to build it.
The most fun and easy and smooth build I have ever tried, was the Oxy 4 Max I enjoyed every minute of that build.
Mikado needs to step up and follow the other brands.

Now with that said, I love how it looks and I really enjoy flying it.
A few pictures from maiden flight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6899AB3C-8499-435E-A6FC-D9B065897AD6_1581837869124.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	842789   Click image for larger version

Name:	FF4D93EB-9099-4F52-AB3D-77A14DAA473D_1581837917258.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	842791   Click image for larger version

Name:	BC5CB58B-F493-4180-85D8-FC25248CFE89_1581837991218.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	842793  
Dennis P and bikneli like this.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad you are enjoying flying it. As for the build they are different but honestly once you have built one and understand it, repairs are simple. I put my 5500SX V2 in extremely hard last year . I had new frames on it with a new mainshaft and servos , motor ect all reinstalled in one evening. I honestly find them so much easier to build than anything else know that I have done several. Keep enjoying your Logo
Old 02-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Glad you are enjoying flying it. As for the build they are different but honestly once you have built one and understand it, repairs are simple. I put my 5500SX V2 in extremely hard last year . I had new frames on it with a new mainshaft and servos , motor ect all reinstalled in one evening. I honestly find them so much easier to build than anything else know that I have done several. Keep enjoying your Logo [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
Thanks Dennis
We will see how it goes
BTW I ordered the 12 T pinion instead of the 11T that comes with the kit. But I didn’t feel it moved like I wanted it to, so I’ll order the 13 T pinion and see how I like that.
I’m running +12/-12 pitch
Old 02-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks Dennis
We will see how it goes
BTW I ordered the 12 T pinion instead of the 11T that comes with the kit. But I didnít feel it moved like I wanted it to, so Iíll order the 13 T pinion and see how I like that.
Iím running +12/-12 pitch
Being as I do not know your style of flying this may not be the answer but last fall I took the stock 610 RT blades that came with the kit off and put a used set of RT 620s on it, I could not believe the change. The heli had a huge change in collective pop. The 620s besides 10mm more length have 2mm extra width down the whole length of the blade. Wish I would have had a set of 640s on hand to try.I was bumping up my headspeed with the 610s also, but the blades fixed that issue for me.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Quote:
Thanks Dennis
We will see how it goes[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
BTW I ordered the 12 T pinion instead of the 11T that comes with the kit. But I didn’t feel it moved like I wanted it to, so I’ll order the 13 T pinion and see how I like that.
I’m running +12/-12 pitch
Being as I do not know your style of flying this may not be the answer but last fall I took the stock 610 RT blades that came with the kit off and put a used set of RT 620s on it, I could not believe the change. The heli had a huge change in collective pop. The 620s besides 10mm more length have 2mm extra width down the whole length of the blade. Wish I would have had a set of 640s on hand to try.I was bumping up my headspeed with the 610s also, but the blades fixed that issue for me. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
I’m flying beginner 3D.
You know, circles,hurricanes,tic toc,figure 8, Piro circles and so on.

I put Align 600mm blades on it for maiden flight if anything should go wrong I would still have the RT’s 610.
Maybe that’s why it doesn’t have so much pop
But it does give long flight times
I just ordered the 13 T pinion today and want to try that. If I don’t like it I can always put the 12 T back on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in