Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By HelisRock
  • 1 Post By jsbach#1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2019, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So whatís the verdict on the GLogo?

Itís been a month since you all received the first batch, I canít believe no one has posted anything. I assume that means 1) a flawless build and 2) every one is loving flying it so much they have no time to post

Or 3) itís winter and youíre taking your time with the build because you canít fly anyway?
cudaboy_71, apper001 and Thickfog like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think its '2", id like to know what everyone thinks as well.
Im either getting a glogo or N7
Old 03-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only have a few flights on mine, weather has been terrible. I'm liking how it flies, not sure how maintenance is gonna be yet though.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil777 View Post
Im either getting a glogo or N7
Good choices.

It kinda depends on if you prefer belt or shaft tail drive.

Personally Iíll like to just build a Glogo from the cyclic servo up to compare the difference to an N7.
halfcab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ron brought his out to the Las Vegas Fun Fly. Once they got it tuned, it was freaking stellar. If I were in the market for a nitro, it would be my first choice without question.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a GLOGO from batch #2. I built it last week over a 3 day period. There were a few bumps, and this was my first nitro, as well as my first Mikado. Nothing was a show stopper, but I communicated with Kyle & Mikado USA more than once.

By far the biggest headache has been trying to set up the Vcontrol for use with a nitro and a switchglo pro.

The first gen Vcontrol (not the touch) isn't designed to handle nitros - it appears it was designed as an electric heli transmitter, and nitro was added as an afterthought. The Vcontrol TOUCH may have improved things, but I can't comment further than that as I don't own one.

All things considered, it's a nice heli. Once I get this damn Macrocell programming done for the switchglow, I'll maiden it!

Things to note for those considering a GLOGO:
-There isn't a anti-rotation bolt to 'pin' the tailbox from spinning on the boom.
-Also no bolt to 'pin' the boom to the main airframe

-Servo spacing was VERY tight. I used a set of 4 TORQ 9180/9188 servos, and the holes in the frame/bearing blocks were extremely tight

-Lastly, there were a number of parts left over that weren't needed forp the build. This may have been a factor related to the 690SX sharing so many parts with the GLOGO, but it was concerning.

Hope this help.

-Ideals are peaceful - history is violent.
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Logos don't pin the tail box to the boom. If it is slipping, assembly is generally not correctly done.

Some booms are slotted to the frame on the plastic logos or you use a small screw to pin it.
However the glogo is different and uses two aluminum clamps. This design doesn't usually pin to the boom in most designs as it's not needed.
Ex. Henseleit, Minicopter, logo 480xx.

Last edited by Thickfog; 03-22-2019 at 09:19 PM..
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2019, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
The first gen Vcontrol (not the touch) isn't designed to handle nitros - it appears it was designed as an electric heli transmitter, and nitro was added as an afterthought
What makes you say that ? I mean I partially sympathize with you but when I ran neo and nitro governor my beef was not with the vcontrol it was more like the excessive complication of setting up that governor. Its almost like its not a governor and you have to plug all these values in to simulate governing. I found it was always over revving unless I drastically lowered the i gain value.
skate223 likes this.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
What makes you say that ? I mean I partially sympathize with you but when I ran neo and nitro governor my beef was not with the vcontrol it was more like the excessive complication of setting up that governor. Its almost like its not a governor and you have to plug all these values in to simulate governing. I found it was always over revving unless I drastically lowered the i gain value.
I found excessive complication in trying to use Macrocells to operate the switchglo, as well as trying to assign a throttle trim to a POTI knob. Additionally, things just aren't as clear in the original VBC as they are in the touch. I was able to play around with a touch last night, and the set up for anything is much easier and straightforward. Macocells might be awesome, but they are definitely not easy to figure out.

-Ideals are peaceful - history is violent.
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll begin by saying I don't own a Glogo. Haven't built one. Haven't flown one.

With that said, I saw one at the Birmingham fly-inn last week.

Remembering I have no practical experience with the model, here are some general impressions:
-- It appears to be very well made. The quality seems to be there.
-- The frame shape clearly identifies it as a Logo.
-- It appears to follow the philosophy of "The right material for the right job." Plastic is used where it will save weight and fulfill requirements. Carbon is not used where it is not need. Carbon and machined metal are used when need.
-- It seems simple and looks light.
-- You never know how a model is to work on until forced to do so, but the model looks very easy to maintain and repair.
-- I was told it shares the Synergy fan shroud and fuel tank.
-- For it's lightness and simplicity, it doesn't look like it would crash well. It's just an impression so don't repeat it as fact.
-- I don't see anything unique about the model. There doesn't appear to be anything revolutionary. Component layout follows modern convention. Nothing in the drive-train we haven't seen before.

In summation, it looks like and extremely well made, light, reliable helicopter. If I were looking for a solid helicopter to beat on this summer, this looks like it would do the job.

Now. Someone that actually owns the model will have to give us the real answers.

See attached pictures.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mikado-...ik5213/p862252
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WJVM7170.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	783989   Click image for larger version

Name:	WJVM7173.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	783991   Click image for larger version

Name:	WJVM7175.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	783993   Click image for larger version

Name:	WJVM7176.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	783995   Click image for larger version

Name:	WJVM7172.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	783997  

Last edited by wjvail; 03-24-2019 at 07:13 AM..
wjvail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Logos don't pin the tail box to the boom. If it is slipping, assembly is generally not correctly done.
I pin the tail booms on ALL my Logos using the static grounding screw.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in