Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Electric/Servo Noise? New 230S V2

I received my new 230S V2 yesterday in the mail. Skimmed the manual and gave the heli a quick once-over to make sure everything was secure.

Got ready for the maiden flight a few minutes ago and as soon as I plugged in the battery, I started hearing a loud static noise. It sounds electric in, but can't tell if it's normal or not. Previously owned a 200 SRX that I flew tons and don't recall hearing this.

Servos all appear to be moving the swash assembly normally, and the 230 was hovering fine (maybe a little twitch, but it was really windy out).

I took a video of the noise and was hoping someone could tell me if it's normal.

230S V2 Servo Noise (0 min 40 sec)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2019, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds to me like normal servo movement, but I’m no expert. I have an Oxy 4 that did this like crazy. It got better after I sized my ball links.

Do you have a ball link sizer? I recommend one.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's pretty normal for them to buzz a little bit. Even my V1 did that until I upgraded to KST215 servos. Then it went away. The V2 still has the stock H3060's until one starts flaking out then they all go too.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2019, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

totally normal
Old 03-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks all! Looking forward to flying this chopper once the weather clears up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in