Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you get a module for your Taranis you can use your regular radio and transmit DSMX. That's what I do with my FrSky Horus OpenTX, as well as a handful of others here.
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2020, 02:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
If you get a module for your Taranis you can use your regular radio and transmit DSMX. That's what I do with my FrSky Horus OpenTX, as well as a handful of others here.

I mean this in a nice way, not an argumentative way, but have you ever gotten it to work with the Nano S2 using OpenTX with the DSM module? I couldn't, and why I am asking. I never bound as if it never even saw the radio in the S2. I gave up and ended up with the RTF.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:11 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tips for new Nano or Nano S2 owners.

I never used a dedicated DSM module, but rather IRX4+. So Horus & OpenTX & iRangeX4+ module. It was hard to figure out what settings worked and exactly how to bind it, but eventually I fount it.

xoexoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2020, 05:59 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
I never used a dedicated DSM module, but rather IRX4+. So Horus & OpenTX & iRangeX4+ module. It was hard to figure out what settings worked and exactly how to bind it, but eventually I fount it.

OH wow! Cool, so you are 110% confirming that using the module with OpenTX (Taranis) you can bind to the Nano S2? If so, that's amazing, I couldn't get it to bind but really really good to know some else did (which means it DOES work once I sort out the issues). I can ditch the cheap Spektrum that came with the RTF version and really smack down my Nano S2. If I can get it working on my normal radio, then I would be able to rock this little bird!

Thanks for the time you took to reply with the pics!!
Old 02-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #65 (permalink)

Hi There! Thanks for putting this file out there. Do you have the first generation DX8? I have the 2nd Gen. When I try to import, I get the message "2: 'DX8' file. Does this mean I can't import it?

Sean
seanaguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2020, 04:54 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOVY1975 View Post
I am a senior system architect and a developer in my day job so I only use open source.

Most things have their place, I don't "only" do anything. I am also a developer. I use linux on the embedded machines and servers at work. Apple for work stations (work) and PC type tasks. Windows for gaming. Also - I have a spektrum radio as I don't want to deal with the complexities of open source when not at work. Also, I'm not tied to the spektrum radio. I would be happy to try something else should the need strike me.
wab223 likes this.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2020, 05:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Most things have their place, I don't "only" do anything. I am also a developer. I use linux on the embedded machines and servers at work. Apple for work stations (work) and PC type tasks. Windows for gaming. Also - I have a spektrum radio as I don't want to deal with the complexities of open source when not at work. Also, I'm not tied to the spektrum radio. I would be happy to try something else should the need strike me.

When you have been in the field as long as I have (since DOS), you will learn that Open Source is the only way to go, I have to deal with Windows daily as I am an MSP for stock brokers. They will not use Linux, so I am forced to work with Windows and certified up the wazoo in VMWare/MS/Redhat, and so on, my point was, Open Source gives you the freedom to do whatever you want, for a fraction of the cost so it pays to learn the technology to get more for so much less. When you deal with large companies, the difference between a Windows shop and an Open Source shop can be in the millions and if you teach them how to use it, you will save them tons. Open Source is the way of the future, conglomerates like Microsoft and Apple will be like Blackberry. Microsoft is to large to fail but you get what I am trying to say. Its the same reason I refuse Crapple products and only use Android, why pay 3 times the amount for a iPhone crap when my open source Android does a hundred things more than Apple could ever do? I can and do write my own operating systems so there's no exploits, no security holes, no bloatware, nada, only what I want in my device is there, nothing else, that's only with an Open Source OS. Apple cannot touch that!

It pays off in the end to put in the extra work to figure out the "complexities" of Open Source. This is especially true when you are a Senior System Engineer/architect designing large infrastructures for start-up brokers (I deal with large, small, start-up, anything), as long as they are trading on Wall Street, they can be a client of mine. By using Open Source as much as possible, saves a buttload of money! You wont deal with it as much unless you are at the top-end and helping to make the financial decisions.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:06 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
I think I get this. Its nice to be challenged and solve new problems. But some of us do that day in and day out year on year at work.
We don't always get time to enjoy our hobbies as it is. There is a lot to be said for just taking your Blade bind and fly, your spektrum radio and enjoying your heli.
fiddle likes this.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2020, 06:17 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
I think I get this. Its nice to be challenged and solve new problems. But some of us do that day in and day out year on year at work.
We don't always get time to enjoy our hobbies as it is. There is a lot to be said for just taking your Blade bind and fly, your spektrum radio and enjoying your heli.

110% agree (but I also do this DAY IN AND DAY OUT, and its never enough for me), my brain must be busy either fixing something, or rebuilding something better (either an engine, helicopter, PC, website, application code, Android OS, ETC). It is definitely not not for everyone (and why I said its worth it to learn but not everyone will want to do this). I am by nature of who I am, an engineer, I have been taking things apart and rebuilding them/fixing them since I was 3. My mom used to scream at me all the time for taking apart her vacuum before I was 5 years old. Its what I have always done, I take apart, rebuild, build it new and better. I built my very first Harley Davidson at age 14 (in high school), no joke, not being sarcastic, but 100% true (I have the entire build photographed), I had no idea what I was doing, so I took apart my old shovel (age 14), rebuilt it into a new shovel (but it took me 4 years so I wasnt done until I could actually drive). This is what I do for a living, and also in my personal life (I am a senior sys engineer / architect). If I am not rebuilding something, or fixing something, I am bored and my brain gets foggy. This is how I have fun, I learn new things (like OpenTX, or Open Source Android), for me thats my "hobby". I fly my helicopters as often as I can (usually at least once a day unless weather doesnt let me), I build Android OS's, I write code to make my trader clients applications work better, more smoothly, and I design/fix complex web.services for a multitude of different applications across many platforms so my traders can trade (day job). This is just how I release and have fun but its definitely not for everyone.

I am the type of guy, that doesnt read directions but uses them for manuals of how things look when they are new, then I strip it down to bare screws, rebuild it so I know how it operates inside and out. That way, I know how every single factor interacts with one another so I know how to fix it, make it perform better, or simply make it stronger so it holds up longer. I have many different helis, 2 TRex 600's, TRex 700, and nano S2 (with many 450Ls in the attic I dont use), as of last 2 years, I only fly 600's and larger (except for the Nano which was a Christmas present). My point is that my 700 is 2 years old, flown almost daily, and it still looks and handles as good as it did day 1, this is because I know it inside and out, so I know what to look for to keep it pristine. BUT this is not for everyone, not everyone needs to know how something works, but I do, not everyone has the patience to take apart something very carefully and document the process so you can make it better in the end. This is why Open Source is right up my alley, it checks off all the boxes I need to keep my brain activated. Otherwise I feel bored and overthink the day away.

I should also add that I work in NYC but since I am a senior architect, I mainly work from home so I am home 99% of the week so I have tons and tons of time to fly, tinker, learn, take apart, rebuild, and so on. I only go into the city, once or twice a year and the rest, working on my couch. At any given time, 1,2, or 3 of my helis are on the tables with me, either being cleaned, greased, or otherwise flown.
wab223 and Beserkr like this.

Last edited by GROOVY1975; 02-04-2020 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: typos
GROOVY1975 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2020, 07:59 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Groovy,

you sound like a busy guy. I was just talking to a buddy of mine yesterday about taking on projects and choosing the complicated option just to make life interesting.
Do you still ride? I remember working on my first bike at 15. A little suzuki 50cc two stroke (gotta start somewhere ). I stripped the head to insert heli coils for the head studds. I forgot to reconnect the tube for the two stroke oil when I put it back together .
I had a partially seizure in from of a gang of local hard lads (teenagers ). The bike literally did a solid 180 right in front of them as it seized. I managed to figure out my mistake get it started and ride home red faced. But they thought I had done it deliberate.
I have been learning and making mistakes ever since.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2020, 09:43 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Is there any good way to get a faster ladder?

I'm using DX6i to fly s2.
I prefer faster rudder, so I set the rudder travel adjust to 110.
And when I put in the maximum yaw, s2 lost control. It crashed rotating at high speed as if it's tail motor had stopped.
s2 seems to lose control when getting more than 100 ladder inputs.
Has anyone observed a similar phenomenon?
tak_fpv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Nano S2 - DX6i Problem

Dx6i and Nano S2

Pitch 0 25 50 75 100 in both idle 0 and 1...
Throttle 0 25 50 75 100 Idle 0
Throttle 80 80 80 80 80 Idle 1

For some reason when I hit idle 1 pitch increases by almost 25%.
Not sure what could cause this but I bind and bind over again.. Confirming the settings over and over again. Previous version Nano I had no problems with. Anyone have any ideas what could cause sudden increase in positive pitch when making the switch to Idle up?

Thanks...

Last edited by fedex; 06-26-2020 at 01:36 PM..
fedex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
Groovy,

you sound like a busy guy. I was just talking to a buddy of mine yesterday about taking on projects and choosing the complicated option just to make life interesting.
Do you still ride? I remember working on my first bike at 15. A little suzuki 50cc two stroke (gotta start somewhere ). I stripped the head to insert heli coils for the head studds. I forgot to reconnect the tube for the two stroke oil when I put it back together .
I had a partially seizure in from of a gang of local hard lads (teenagers ). The bike literally did a solid 180 right in front of them as it seized. I managed to figure out my mistake get it started and ride home red faced. But they thought I had done it deliberate.
I have been learning and making mistakes ever since.

Sorry I missed this, hell yeah I still ride, almost all my life but I have a few hobbies, Harley's, and helis mainly but I do love older classic cars! Chevelle 69 is my favorite muscle car! Let me know if you need help!
Old 06-27-2020, 12:25 AM   #74 (permalink)

I followed the binding instructions, pushed the left stick to the right and held it till the plate leveled. Stunt 2 still has a red light and does not run correctly. Rebinded about 50 times with the same result. At the end of my rope here.
Lone Star is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Manual says to hold right rudder until blue led turns solid.
Build in progress Tarot 450 Pro V2
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2020, 09:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano S2 in “stunt” mode has much latency with inputs

After a 15 year hiatus with RC CP Helis, I have purchased two Blade Nano S2’s to get me started again. (and to be discreet due to all the new laws)

After only 3 days of getting used to “normal” flight, I was ready to do some flips in the back yard. Within my “3D” mode, the inputs are very latent, meaning it takes sometimes 3 or more seconds to respond to my inputs. (literally impossible to fly like that!) Perhaps I haven’t programmed the Spektrum DX6e correctly? Not sure what to do at this point. (I miss the old days of RC Heli’s) lol!

I even downloaded the Sprektrum setup for the Nano S2. That hasn’t helped anything.

The little manual that came with the Nano wasn’t much help either. Can anyone assist me in this matter?
Beau123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau123 View Post
After a 15 year hiatus with RC CP Helis, I have purchased two Blade Nano S2’s to get me started again. (and to be discreet due to all the new laws)

After only 3 days of getting used to “normal” flight, I was ready to do some flips in the back yard. Within my “3D” mode, the inputs are very latent, meaning it takes sometimes 3 or more seconds to respond to my inputs. (literally impossible to fly like that!) Perhaps I haven’t programmed the Spektrum DX6e correctly? Not sure what to do at this point. (I miss the old days of RC Heli’s) lol!

I even downloaded the Sprektrum setup for the Nano S2. That hasn’t helped anything.

The little manual that came with the Nano wasn’t much help either. Can anyone assist me in this matter?
Never heard of this. Personally I'd try re-binding and cross my fingers.
Beau123 likes this.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like its in stability mode still.3d mode seems to be pretty responsive to me.. be sure to hold rudder to the right during binding. Does the led show red in 3d mode?
Build in progress Tarot 450 Pro V2
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in