Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad board, or simple setup error?

Hi all, Iím struggling to get my new nano off the ground and I canít figure out if itís a configuration error in the radio or something wrong with the s2 itself.

Iíve been flying larger helis for quite awhile but this is my first BNF blade product in a very long time. Iím setting it up with a DX8 v2 (downloaded the setup file from spektrums website and bound it no problem) but the controls arenít responding as expected even through the dx8 output screen looks right.

Issues are:
In normal mode - the radio shows throttle and pitch rising in tandem with the left stick, and the pitch of the blades changes accordingly, but the blades donít spin. Flipping Throttle hold locks the pitch to -100%.

IU1 - throttle and pitch increase in tandem and blades respond accordingly. Pitch curve is set from 0 to positive, throttle hold locks pitch at 0 degrees.
This mode ďworksĒ but is very difficult to control

IU2 - hereís where the weirdness starts
Throttle engages at 100% (as per the set throttle curve) but the pitch does not respond and is locked into about 50% positive. Iíve got a linear pitch curve set up for this flight mode. So basically itíll just shoot off like a rocket whenever flipped into IU2. When I engage throttle hold... if the left stick is in the full up position, motor stops and blades are -100% pitch. If I move the throttle stick to 0, the motor engages (!) at -100% pitch. All with throttle hold still engaged.

Iím very confused here. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tamupino is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you holding the rudder stock RIGHT when you bind? Youíll need to do that otherwise it thinks youíre on a non-computerized radio and odd things can happen.

Hope thatís the issue.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just to be sure, I rebound and am experiencing the exact same issues. Thanks for the suggestion tho

Old 08-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you bought it new, I'd give HH a call ... or wherever you bought it from I guess, if they offer support
xoexoe likes this.
darren.ankney@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

👍 just spoke to Matt with HH and theyíre sending me a new one. (Thanks Matt!)

[email protected] likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new board of the Nano S2 has severe development errors.

I have been flying for years the Nano Cps and before the Nano Cpx, which were both excellent.

I must say, I am really disappointed from Blade development to ship such an electronic garbage. (Sometimes I think, they do this on purpose, by taking the best models out and replacing them with junk).

Sorry, but your replacement Nano S2 will probably not be any better.
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not necessarily. I have an S2 that performs exactly as advertised. It might be best to set up with a fresh model in your tx.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine performs fine tho I don't do 3D
darren.ankney@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 05:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

When set up and working corrextly, S2 is best micro I have flown...They do have set up issues, and are very fussy about not being moved when initializing...I usually set mine in car for this, as any wind or vibration will cause initialization to fail, or worse yet, cause the heli to fly unpredictably.
This same issue is present in the 130S...

John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update: so Iíve gotten the new S2 and it bound and flew as expected, so thereís definitely something wrong with the board of the first one.

Iíve put 40 flights on the replacement, and I have to say, this is the most impressive blade product Iíve ever had. Iíve had some hard crashes due to the wind in my backyard and have yet to break or bend a single part. My old MCPX would have been in pieces now. The tail still gets squirrelly when you donít watch your collective management, but is usually recoverable.

Great job Blade!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamupino View Post
The tail still gets squirrelly when you donít watch your collective management, but is usually recoverable.
I only have experience with the NanoCPX.

But even with my BNF heli the pitch was way off.

- Swashplate was not in the middle to have proper zero pitch.
- use AUX1 pitch channel servo travel subtrim to do the rest of the fine-tuning for proper zero pitch
- Min/max pitch on the Nano was too much:
You have to use the AUX1 pitch channel servo travel adjust and use proper numbers below 100%.
- make sure that you use the same min/max pitch blade distances so you might have use slightly different servo travel adjust values

There is a simple math calculation of the blade pitch available while measuring the length of the main blades and the distance of the two blades....I had found a German website with a calculator printing the final pitch table.

You do not really need 14 degree (or was this even more) for this little heli or that one blade touches the tail boom :-)
So dailing in proper pitch values like 11-12 degrees will definitely help that the brushed motors won't bug and that your tail holds.

And it definitely was working as the little tail hold in a funnel and screamed nicely

Is the V-curve trick still active that you provide a xx-85-100 curve instead of a fixed throttle curve?
With that the tail knew when to power up.
Worked pretty good even with inverted or flips when used on the NanoCPX.

Sorry, I cannot give very precise measurements and concrete servo travel numbers as this was a while ago (end of 2012 / 2013) and every heli is a little bit different too.

I do not own the silver DX8G1 anymore (got replaced by Devo10 with a more powerful OpenSource firmware: DeviationTX).

But why should it be any different with the S2?
So far I have not heard about a governor or a Blheli powered tail...but I just randomly read some postings here and there
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in