Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ic-racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1678 Amps from a Homemade Lipo.

1678 Amps from a homemade 6s 15Ah lipo. Time and time again. ( This would drain the entire pack in under 60 seconds... all 15.4 Ah... every one of the 375Wh.... Lol.

113.333C Maximum burst current. NMC. That is approaching Panther territory.

Time to strap it up to my Trex. Wish me luck Here I come, 30 min flights!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not enough information to know what this is or how it was tested. Wouldn't one want to test maximum capacity for a long flight, rather than burst current?
Old 04-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
Not enough information to know what this is or how it was tested. Wouldn't one want to test maximum capacity for a long flight, rather than burst current?

I like to drain batteries 1500amps at a time. Maybe its just me.

Instantaneous short circuit current meter. Testing on a fancy microprocessor controlled 2000A (switch) Joule Counting spot welder. Basically short circuits the electrodes and counts the energy for a specific pulse without damage.This tells the amps ( current), resistance ( ohms), joules( energy dumped), duration (ms), and voltage of the pulse.

I have normal CBA Western Mountain datalogs and Powerlab datalogs if you would like to see them. That show you how long you could fly if you wanted to know.

If you want to know the IR, per cell it is 1.4-1.6mOh.

If you want ot know the capacity, it is 15.4 Ah. 15,400mAh. Per cell.

If you want to know when it starts to get hot, above room temp, that is 4C. 60Amps contin.

375Wh/pack.

If you want to know the best current contin, that is 10C. 154Amps. Until drained without damage.

If you want to know about the cell, well, I will tell you that they cost 30,000$ new in a set of 296, and you can only buy them from the OEM manufacturer that has the contract with LGX Chem. They are not sold publicly. Used....though... 20$ each used. 120$ in materials for a 6s. Plus labor for the build.

NMC-LMO. Chevrolet Volt lipos.

The New Bolt and Spark lipos are Graphite-NMC. I'll break 2KA with those soona I get my hands on them. I cant wait. Twice the Ah inthe same package too...

1750 amps flow unrestricted. The Graphene 6s 4000, tested, I pulled only 1300Amps. P u s s y Graphenes. Lol. I wish I had a Panther here to test.

If you want to know why I know all of this, well, I am not talking. I'll sell you a proven battery though, for an excellent price.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Chevrolet Volt lipos.
Ok, I thought maybe you had acquired some equipment to actually make the individual cells.

Can you let on what this is for? A helicopter () or a drone ( )

Fascinating stuff, thanks for sharing.
Dogdipstick likes this.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Im gonna fly my Trex and Gaui with it / them. Im trying to give one to the great Bobby Watts in hopes he will test it in one of his drones lol. Its an EV. They are BEV cells. I also use them for ebike, powerwall, any rc thing that can carry them, ect. You could easily replace the LeadAcid in your car with them if you want, but not the best for durability.

When building batteries, one of the things to test is " Will it survive a short circuit".... Most will not over 1 second. However, when calculating MTBF and the essential full power of a cell, short circuit current is metered and rated. If you have a bad cell level connection, it will burn nad you will run out of battery powered fun.

If my battery was to fail the test, the current would burn the connection and the battery would be useless. Not good to have happen on a 250A pull on 14s, 150mph in a pass, when the current is at its peak. The peak is what burns things instantaneously. So if my battery can withstand a short the current metered, I know the battery is good for that, at least for a few Ms. Even if it is only a fraction, of the 42,000 watts it is trying to make....( 1W=1J/1SEC)... powerwise, it is helpful in stress test.

All cells come from China nowadays, Korea, Japan. LG is one of the best ( 2 years ahead of the competition)...

Im gonna fly my Trex with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in