Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mCPS doing strange things...

I've rebound it several times. Thought I had it this morning. Turned everything off to continue through the day, got it back out, and the tail motor doesn't seem like it's spinning fast enough. It spins in circles, sometimes slow, sometimes fast. Let me ask this; when I spin the rotor head manually, it's really really tight, almost like the motor is bad. When I come off of hold on IU2, it sits for about 1 sec, hums, then seems like it breaks free to spool up. I think it's too tight and that's causing a vibration that's throwing the MEMS gyros off on the FBL. How tight is everyone elses'? I know my 120SR uses a similar style motor, and I can feel the clicks in it, but it's not nearly as tight as the mCPS. I haven't taken it apart yet to see what that deal is...I just got it yesterday. Any ideas?
tness@jhu.edu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using the RTF transmitter or another one? You need to hold the rudder one way or the other depending on which type of transmitter, see instructions.

On my model the main motor is very coggy and does not spin freely when off. It hums during spool up before bursting into life, the tail motor takes a few seconds to catch up , meanwhile the heli has turned at least 180 degrees.
You need to get it stationary on a flat surface within seconds of plugging the battery in or the gyro will be way off and it will go nuts on spool up..

If I switch to red mode before spooling up the tail motor runs slowly, I do this to check its still working.
Bargee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using my DX18. I do move the rudder to the right when binding. I've bound it 4 times already, to no avail. My Nano CPx used to run the tail rotor when I put it IU2 also. My nano CPs doesn't seem to do that, or my mCPs. I ordered a brushless motor for it today from HH.
tness@jhu.edu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure what you meant by " tail rotor doesn't spin fast enough"

But on the main motor part, yes it is very stiff if being manually rotated. What you described is quite normal. After switching to Iu2, release hold, the tail rotor would spin first, after one sec, the main rotor is "released" and starts suddently.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also during takeoff or landing before switching off/on the throttle hold, I 'd keep the collective stick slightly below mid-point to prevent body rotation caused by reactional torque, it helps

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

has the tail rotor mabe been pushed to far onto the motor spindle and coud be binding against the motor ?
try just moving the tail rotor a bit further from motor case
as for the main motor it is stiff when turned by hand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in