Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gimbleguy
  • 1 Post By gimbleguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gsync compatible?

I have a GTX 1070 and Gysnc compatible monitor. I have turned on the "G-sync compatible indicator" in the NVidia control panel. The indicator shows up in other apps (e.g. Next) however I do not see it in AccuRC. I do get great FPS but am wondering if I am missing something. Is AccuRC G-sync compatible?
Thanks
pherasi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If what you have works, no point playing, a lot of these "features" are gimmicks that won't make it into the next generation of graphics cards
Ade_Law is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherasi1 View Post
I have a GTX 1070 and Gysnc compatible monitor. I have turned on the "G-sync compatible indicator" in the NVidia control panel. The indicator shows up in other apps (e.g. Next) however I do not see it in AccuRC. I do get great FPS but am wondering if I am missing something. Is AccuRC G-sync compatible?
Thanks

+1 I too would like the Gsync support to be added in AccuRC.

I have the latest graphics Card Nvidia RTX 2080 with a Gsync Monitor

Last edited by gimbleguy; 05-11-2019 at 10:24 PM..
gimbleguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using G-Sync with AccuRC for a couple of years at least.

Its certainly not a gimmick. Gsync synchronises the display refresh to the frame rate of the GPU and provides a superior graphic smoothness and elimates tearing.

You should be able to run back to back tests with GSync enabled versus Gsync disabled. Take a look in your monitor menu or you can overide that setting in the nvidea control panel, either as an over all setting or on a per application menu.

"Manage 3D Settings", "Monitor Technology" = Gsync, "VSync" = Off

You can also set the above on a per application basis in the same section by adding AccuRC under "Program Settings" and tailoring ACCURcs behaviour.

AcccuRC is a great sim but it does tend to have the odd jerkiness/glitch at times even when running on a 2080 with an overclocked Ryzen 1700. This is something I never experienced on any other software. I have been around Accurc for a long time so I can live with it. But I would be interested in your own oppinions.

As an aside, my RTX 2080 died on me after a few weeks of use. I still gotta get round to RMAing that thing.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wab223, I get those glitches too. If you go to task manager and set the process priority to high, does that help? For me it almost eliminates them.
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually have not thought of trying that. I wont get time to play around until the weekend but I will give it a shot.

Thanks.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies.
So I learned if I start AccuRC with the "Exclusive Window" option G-sync works.
I have an additional question, what does the Physics FPS and the Controls FPS actually indicate?
pherasi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Yeah I just tried Exclusive Window and Gsync works. So it's kinda supported in Accurc, just hope the Accurc Devs can work on it a bit more to make Gsync fully supported in Accurc.

Gsync works on my other simulators
Ade_Law likes this.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
AcccuRC is a great sim but it does tend to have the odd jerkiness/glitch at times even when running on a 2080 with an overclocked Ryzen 1700..

I have a cheapie RTX 2080 with an OC i7

Testing Gsync in Accurc Exclusive Window Mode (1 min 10 sec)

Last edited by gimbleguy; 06-16-2019 at 11:56 PM..
Old 07-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have an additional question, what does the Physics FPS and the Controls FPS actually indicate?

I just found out a different method. In the Nvidia Control Panel, select Setup Gsync, then Select Enable for windowed and full screen mode.

Once that's done click on the Accurc icon on the desktop and gsync should work.

There is no more need to go in the Steam menu.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I HATE having to launch it from the Steam client to run it on Exclusive mode which is the best way to render it full-screen. If I don't do that it will end up with black bars to the sides as if not running widescreen.

I searched for that option but I can't find it on NVIDIA Control Panel I guess I don't have a Gsync monitor or the proper card with this feature.

Any other method to avoid running it from the Steam client and force it on Exclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
I just found out a different method. In the Nvidia Control Panel, select Setup Gsync, then Select Enable for windowed and full screen mode.

Once that's done click on the Accurc icon on the desktop and gsync should work.

There is no more need to go in the Steam menu.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I HATE having to launch it from the Steam client to run it on Exclusive mode which is the best way to render it full-screen. If I don't do that it will end up with black bars to the sides as if not running widescreen.

I searched for that option but I can't find it on NVIDIA Control Panel I guess I don't have a Gsync monitor or the proper card with this feature.

Any other method to avoid running it from the Steam client and force it on Exclusive?

Toad most games have the option(toggle) in their settings Menu to Enable fullscreen Exclusive mode. It would be nice if Accurc would have the same option. Probably best to ask Ade if they can make this happen. It shouldn't be that hard to do?? If you make a new thread and request for it, I will support you. Hopefully the more of us request for it, the quicker it will be on their to do list.
Ade_Law likes this.

Last edited by gimbleguy; 07-18-2019 at 04:12 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Wab223, I get those glitches too. If you go to task manager and set the process priority to high, does that help? For me it almost eliminates them.

I too see very small glitches that occur during times when the background is panning quickly and the model gets nearer the edges. Its kinda predictable where its going to happen.

Tried the setting process to high but no change noticed.

Running Vsync, frame rates are at 144, physics FR1900, Controls FR399. Just seems like it should be butter.

Another form of artifact I've noticed is if you watch the tail boom closely in a funnel the boom will jump a tiny bit as it goes behind the disk and in front.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 05:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Drat, well there goes my plan of upgrading the monitor and refresh rates to see if that helped the glitches :-(

For me setting the process to high priority definitely helps reduce them, but then I multitask like crazy on the computer and rarely have less than 30 windows/tabs open.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Drat, well there goes my plan of upgrading the monitor and refresh rates to see if that helped the glitches :-(

For me setting the process to high priority definitely helps reduce them, but then I multitask like crazy on the computer and rarely have less than 30 windows/tabs open.

Hard to compare what were seeing with words.I'm only seeing very small stutters/ticks now. Took a little trial an error to make it the best it can be. Settings do make a visual difference in this while frame rates remain unchanged.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The earlier description of a small stutter / tick, especially while the background is scrolling fits what I'm seeing perfectly. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.

The model flies lovely and smooth most of the while, but then every so often you get a tiny jitter or pause as the model moves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in