Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By smitty400
  • 1 Post By BrokeDad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thinking of getting a V2 and curious how it crashes in tall grass?

Good day to everyone. I've been recently been on the fence about getting a V2 to push the skills further without crash rebuild difficulty on my bigger birds. I have a K110 and 130s micros and the crash pretty well in grass but want something that's not a micro nor a 450 either. How do MS, FS, main gear, blades etc. fair in crashes? Thanks a bunch
BladeScraperz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've put mine in tail first, lawn length grass twice. Both times the boom bent slightly. Simple bent the boom back to straight, checked over the rest of the model and back flying in minutes.

My son crashed the V2 into hard dirt after attempting a flip. Broke the main frame and canopy....but that was it!
acidkindred likes this.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are good with throttle hold, this thing will just flop to the ground. I've had a handful of TH mishaps, only bending the boom. Bend it straight, right back in the air. It's a nice trainer!
Old 05-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I beat my V1 up pretty good. It does very well in crashes and cost to repair is minimal as well as time needed. It's now sporting 255mm blades with an extended boom. The motors have 1000+ flights on them and they are still running fine.

I did buy a V2 which flies great but I fly my V1 most of the time. So I have a backup I guess. Today was windy so I used bigger Pulse 1350 lipos and set my timer for ten minutes. I only ended up using around 750mAh out of them sporting around. A 450 canopy fits right on and gives you better visibility and room for larger lipos if you want.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 230s is a mixture of V1 and V2 parts now and I find it is a pretty crash friendly heli. If you do break something its simplicity with the electric tail make repairing it cheap and no so time consuming as the torque tube designs. I find the tail boom and main gears most susceptible to damage in a crash.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you guys! Well I decided to go to the LHS and picked one up. Let me say that I LOVE this bird! Finally found something that I could push thru some sticky moves without much fear. I did check the crash worthiness on the first flight, I mistakinally interred the DX6 programming instead of my DX9 and the bird was almost uncontrollable and I was able to hit TH and she fell on the skids in short grass and the only damage was a severely bent boom. Straightened it out and got 6 more flights. Besides a ugly crooked boom, I am very happy!
Old 05-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My favorite part of the 230 S V2 is how easy it is to work on. No tail push rod to detach, no belt tension to fuss with, no crooked tail hub to cause wag.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want really cheap booms you can buy aluminum knitting needles to cut and just dremel your own slots in them.
Thickfog likes this.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 04:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraperz View Post
Thank you guys! Well I decided to go to the LHS and picked one up. .... I am very happy!
Congratulations. It should serve you well. Do yourself a favour and unscrew the skids and reattach with double-sided tape securing with a string to the frame. This will save you main frame in crashes!
Light kit is available for 230s from v1 night model if you are into this...
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
If you want really cheap booms you can buy aluminum knitting needles to cut and just dremel your own slots in them.
Plus you can buy them in pink!
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey thanks guys for the tips! Found 2 MH booms shipped for 14 bucks but will definitely look towards getting some needles down the road when need be, I have a Apple electric arrow cutter that will work perfect and I will tape and tie the LG on tomorrow, guess I will use some sewing thread to tie them on
Old 05-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Throttle Hold is your best friend. Size 11 (8mm) knitting needles are what you need. Get the 14" inch. You can get a 3 pack for like $6.00, and cut them to 10".

Last edited by 11bDad; 05-13-2019 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Additional info
11bDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in