Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 180

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2019, 05:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyComi View Post
Blade just did a Q and A video today and stated that the fusion 180 is way under powered with 3S. Running 3S out of the box is not an option.
Makes you wonder why they did this. As Zadaw says they could have used a better motor in this case, for example the oxy 2 seems plenty powerful on 3s and wasn't the old 180 pretty crazy on 3s, albeit slightly smaller blades but can't see that making much difference.
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

They said on the video that they wanted to increase flight time while decreasing current draw and heat.
navigator2011 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting the the price on the US website is $249 and on the European website it’s £289. At the current exchange rate $249 should be £192 so if those prices turn out to be correct an extra £100, that’s a complete piss take.
slumdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyComi View Post
Blade just did a Q and A video today and stated that the fusion 180 is way under powered with 3S. Running 3S out of the box is not an option.
Then they need to correct the user's manual as it only calls out 3S lipo and 3S charger.
No mention of 4S anywhere in the manual.
FR4-Pilot is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Then they need to correct the user's manual as it only calls out 3S lipo and 3S charger.
No mention of 4S anywhere in the manual.
This is basically what you would get if you were firstly copying older manuals (e.g 180CFX) and then just doing text modifications and additions to it.

I had this issue with another manual, where a name from a VERY different product was mentioned.

This would not happen if you write the manual totally from scratch.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumdog View Post
Interesting the the price on the US website is $249 and on the European website it’s £289. At the current exchange rate $249 should be £192 so if those prices turn out to be correct an extra £100, that’s a complete piss take.
First German (EU) HH dealers and www.horizonhobby.de have the Fusion listed as 279,99 EUR.

If someone from Germany were ordering from the US, they would not get the box through customs and have to pay another 19% "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" + tax "Zollgebühren".

Interestingly this does not happen when you order from China dealers with "Priority Direct/Air mail" which is managed by DHL.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 05-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
This would not happen if you write the manual totally from scratch.
Or, proof-read before release

Looking forward to first customer reports, pics & videos in the next couple weeks
xoexoe likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, this is of course true.

But for those people who are really interested in the Fusion 180 I guess it is better to have at least "some drafted" manual which they can read the one or other interesting (programming) fact over than to have none...even the one or other point needs to be corrected afterwards? :-)

I mean I have to say that I am impresssed that even www.horizonhobby.de has this heli product already listed!

Including "some" German manual (with translation from English).
Old 05-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol 4s. And to think we were running 3s on 325mm blades just a few years ago, and some still are.

Just shows how heavy and inefficient these micros really are.

My Oxy2 215mm flew fantastic on 3s 800mAh and got 3m30 of 3D. Then again I didn't run a million RPM like some do
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

yep I was surprised when they said the 3s batts were a no go, my oxy2 190mm rips with 3s 850mah no issues at 5200rpm
Old 05-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
They said on the video that they wanted to increase flight time while decreasing current draw and heat.
Oxy 2's don't have any problem on 3s.
KiwiBlair and Number like this.
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

The original 360CFX even does fine on 3S for sporting around. I often fly it 3S or 4S with no changes in gearing.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you log on to the Horizon Site from the UK the price is definitely £289.99 which would be 335.24 euros or $377.46 yet $249.99 on the US website and I know they would probably not ship to the UK from the US website. So that's $127.47 more to buy in the UK which is over 50% more expensive than the US, I'll repeat myself that is a complete and utter piss take of the highest order for the UK market and I would definitely not buy one at that price.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can buy from Amain hobbies and they charge a very low price for international shipping. But you are bound to pay UK import duties and VAT. Still, that is likely to be significantly cheaper than if you buy it in the UK.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thomas, are you okay? I think this is the shortest post you've ever written. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
Well, this is of course true.

But for those people who are really interested in the Fusion 180 I guess it is better to have at least "some drafted" manual which they can read the one or other interesting (programming) fact over than to have none...even the one or other point needs to be corrected afterwards? :-)

I mean I have to say that I am impresssed that even www.horizonhobby.de has this heli product already listed!

Including "some" German manual (with translation from English).
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

you got me ! :-)

Well, I kinda found "new playground" in a few threads in the "old farts" sub forum and others :-)

I promise that those new postings haven't got that short which I have already replied to in two threads :-)

..(...)..

To my excuse I have to say that I had already finished typing a longer text here about all the DE vs CN vs US fights and different shipment options and where they (customs) catch you (especially buying from the US) or not and my previous experience with a high US bill (in German: Nachzahlungen) and horrible HH US shipment cost calculation to Germany for discounted articles.

But after I had typed everything down this afternoon I realized that I had already answered in this thread and that basically my 2 line summary is already there: https://www.helifreak.com/7772613-post26.html

I guess it doesn't really belong here...

But I am thinking about to put it somewhere else.
Maybe the main forum (or off-topic?).

Best regards / Wünsche Euch allen einen wunderschönen Abend.

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 05-14-2019 at 05:57 AM..
Old 05-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Blade - Can you tell us what the 3 resulting head speeds are if the transmitter settings in the user's manual are followed ? Assuming some sort of governor is being used.

If the same pinion (10T) and main gear (104T) are used then the top 100% RPM looks to be around 4800. Probably not the case though (?) Would then need a 12T pinion to very closely match the RPM of the stock V1 180CFX.

Just speculating without the facts at this point ...

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 05-13-2019 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-13-2019, 11:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank God that someone finally woke up and smelled the 250g regulations.

And so it begins....
tryzub is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Checked out Amain Hobbies $249.99 with $10.75 shipping to the UK, so that's basically £200 with the possibility of some import charges which would be nothing like £90. So when you look at the pricing of the 180 CFX Trio and taking the US price in to account a realistic price for the UK market would be something in the region of £229 not £289. If you are considering buying one of these maybe its worth thinking of ordering it from the US.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like the Fusion 180 is now available online from Horizon $249 from the US website, still not available in Europe and still showing rip off price of £289.99.

Tags
belt-driven tail, blade fusion 180, blh5850

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in