Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 180

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2019, 11:45 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to double check, I just flew a pack in my basement just now and what you see is the tail moving slightly left or right in response to me smacking the collective stick up and down. The tail holds rock solid when climbing and only moves slightly when I back off and descend with quick with negative pitch. The belt tension seems good from the factory after rechecking. Tomorrow I am going to try and put a few packs through it with some actual flight and I’ll try some more mild 3D.
Buzzing Around likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well thats quite some tail wag/kicking in the video..actually it seems tail wags on the end of every manouver. Maybe it needs a higher D-gain
TomazB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2019, 11:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I turned the gains up to 90.5 and the tail kick is pretty much gone. I saw one of CoeShow's videos where he swapped out the tail servo horn (which comes chopped off from the factory) with a full length version and he was able to turn the tail gains down and get some better tail authority. I may try this later today.

UPDATE: I added the standard size servo horn from a DS76T I had and I used the 3rd hole instead of the 2nd which came stock from Blade. What a difference! The tail held like a rock and I was able to dial down the gyro gain to the factory setting of 75%. Here is a short video of the test I performed after changing the servo horn. Sorry but my hat cam was facing a little low today so some of the video is out of range!

Blade Fusion 180 - 3D Flight at the Park (3 min 8 sec)
Lompma and vulcancrawler like this.

Last edited by Chris1683; 05-27-2019 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the Fusion 180 now the smallest belted CP heli currently in production?
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019, 10:24 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's that much better I'm surprised Horizon Hobby's pilots didn't try hole #3.
Seems like something you'd experiment with on a new heli design.

I've only seen your videos from your backyard. And now this! I didn't know your backyard has a baseball field attached to it.

I struggle with the same vertical framing issue on my dedicated sports cam. I'm using a 140 degree FOV and I still can't get it right. Earlier today I did 4 packs on my Oxy 2 and had to trash all the videos because all the moves were too high. I think I need to go to the max 170 degrees to give myself some wiggle room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
I turned the gains up to 90.5 and the tail kick is pretty much gone. I saw one of CoeShow's videos where he swapped out the tail servo horn (which comes chopped off from the factory) with a full length version and he was able to turn the tail gains down and get some better tail authority. I may try this later today.

UPDATE: I added the standard size servo horn from a DS76T I had and I used the 3rd hole instead of the 2nd which came stock from Blade. What a difference! The tail held like a rock and I was able to dial down the gyro gain to the factory setting of 75%. Here is a short video of the test I performed after changing the servo horn. Sorry but my hat cam was facing a little low today so some of the video is out of range!

https://youtu.be/Jq2bcztf1ys
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
Is the Fusion 180 now the smallest belted CP heli currently in production?
Yes it is.
tryzub is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 01:05 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be careful with that servo, the increased torque on it will make it die sooner than its already short life.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:39 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wasn't v120d05 the smallest?
Buzzing Around is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
Be careful with that servo, the increased torque on it will make it die sooner than its already short life.
I guess time will tell.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzing Around View Post
Wasn't v120d05 the smallest?
Yes you are correct, it is 7.7 cm shorter than the fusion 180. I stand corrected.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the record after banging this thing for 20 flights or so, It is hands down the best one to date and its flying is amazing. Flight time is shocking and its power in mode 2 is spot on, no blow outs and it really flys perfect.

CHANGE the gain to 100 on all modes though and its solid.

A good buy --

Isky
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
Yes you are correct, it is 7.7 cm shorter than the fusion 180. I stand corrected.

The question was about the smallest currently produced belt heli. Pretty sure the walkera isn’t currently produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

so gents, what's the verdict on this lil gal? I sure like the 4S and the belt...chris I saw your vid, nice

anybody with a 180cfx, how's she compare? HH is not providing a battery, so to get airborne, looks like about $265 outta pocket...worth it?
poiyt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can say that so far it has been a great little heli. It even crashes well! I had a few mishaps over tall grass and I was able to dust it off and keep flying. I planted it into the ground hard during backward hurricanes and the only thing that “broke” was a main blade grip. I changed out the spindle and main shaft to be on the safe side because it was a hard crash but after that it flies like new.

On a side note, changing the main gear and shaft were pretty simple and it only took about 5 minutes or so.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Chris, would you be willing to post the dimensions (LxWxH) of the battery you're using in your Fusion 180? I posted this question over at the 180CFX forum, but I don't know if it'll get much response.

Thanks!
navigator2011 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Chris, would you be willing to post the dimensions (LxWxH) of the battery you're using in your Fusion 180? I posted this question over at the 180CFX forum, but I don't know if it'll get much response.

Thanks!
Im using the recommended Spektrum 450mah 50C batteries. They are 2x1x1 inches and weigh 55g.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Im using the recommended Spektrum 450mah 50C batteries. They are 2x1x1 inches and weigh 55g.
Thanks a bunch!!!

So it's about 50 mm x 25 mm-square -- any additional wiggle room under the canopy? The Tattu packs I'm thinking about are roughly 27 mm in height. Just trying to estimate whether they'll fit.
navigator2011 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I can say that so far it has been a great little heli. It even crashes well! I had a few mishaps over tall grass and I was able to dust it off and keep flying. I planted it into the ground hard during backward hurricanes and the only thing that “broke” was a main blade grip. I changed out the spindle and main shaft to be on the safe side because it was a hard crash but after that it flies like new.

On a side note, changing the main gear and shaft were pretty simple and it only took about 5 minutes or so.
cool...so, did you (or anyone) have the 180cfx, to compare performance between the two?

Last edited by poiyt; 06-12-2019 at 07:36 PM..
poiyt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I maidened my modified Fusion 180 today. It runs on 3S with a 180CFX motor, has a micro Brain controller and a 760Hz GDW tail servo. I had to use another tail servo because the stock servo was DOA. I can sense it is going to be as bad as the old 180CFX tail servo.

There was ample power with the 3S setup. Although I had a use a 100% flat curve as 75% was clearly not enough. I fly an Oxy2 with 1911 motor and an Oxy3 on 6S and so I am used to high power setups. I cannot comment so much on the flight characteristics as the heli needs dialing in. I was getting quite a lot of cyclic shakes and tail wags.

I can comment though that the heli looks more robust than the 180CFX.

Last edited by zadaw; 06-12-2019 at 10:59 AM..
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 04:09 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Thanks a bunch!!!

So it's about 50 mm x 25 mm-square -- any additional wiggle room under the canopy? The Tattu packs I'm thinking about are roughly 27 mm in height. Just trying to estimate whether they'll fit.
Have a look at this thread here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=833335

Someone is using the Tattu battery.
Goone75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
belt-driven tail, blade fusion 180, blh5850

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in