Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 180

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
I tuned it out this morning in the Gyro Menu. 52.5% was the sweet spot for 70% flat throttle curve (again this is using the 3rd hole in a full-length tail servo horn). It flew perfect and after doing a lot of funnels I saw zero wag. In my video above I had the gyro gain at 75%.
I give up, tried your settings, tail still wags in funnels over playing with pids. odered micro ikon 2 and will see if it helps. will post, I was also considering stretching it, but wanted to get it to fly good first.
jasond1979 likes this.
Ramtech73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2019, 01:09 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

i picked one up to keep in my car to beat on randomly. switched horn to 3rd hole. flies great on 60 to 65% throttle with gain turned down 5 lol. any higher hs i get high speed tail oscillations. i have not tried pid gains yet. my experience so far. basically picked it up to replace k110 lol. i dont like taking expensive helis on the road w me truck driving. i still have high hopes. nice heli otherwise. 65% throttle is still too low a hs to get aggressive with it. great for sport and easy 3d tho.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

first post here after lurking and reading a bit.

i am new to helis so i don't have anything thing to really compare apples/apples to but i have noticed a couple things that i want to point out. maybe not all at once...

The manual is FULL of mistakes! Starting with the battery specs and confusion which has been discussed, but what about the parts diagram. Seems as though the parts list belongs to a different model. Some parts in the diagram are called out with "??" meaning they aren't identified at all! Some of the part numbers listed do not correspond to the part in the description. Basically the parts list is useless for ordering spares or replacement parts.

Case in point:
my two main shaft bearings failed on the 3rd flight. (remember i'm new and there may have been more that one harder than normal "panic landings" dropping the heli down hard on the skids.)
The bearings are called out in the diagram as item 14 with part number BLH3440 (5x8x2mm Radial Bearings). Learned that hard way that these are NOT the correct bearing.

The main shaft bearings are actually 4x7x2mm. I cant find a part number for them anywhere!! I did find some bearings of that size but from Lynx.

I need a better way to identify the proper replacement parts for this heli as i expect crashes and repairs will be numerous.

So its gonna be more sim training as i wait for the correct bearings to arrive.
ticega306 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 01:13 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade fusion 180. Does anyone have teeth count for both main and tail , setting up gov with micro ikon 2 and dont really want to take apart to count. Thanks
Old 07-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fusion 180 with micro ikon 2

Im very happy I did the swap to micro ikon with rpm sensor, Fusion 180 is now back on my good side.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:25 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtech73 View Post
Im very happy I did the swap to micro ikon with rpm sensor, Fusion 180 is now back on my good side.

Iím thinking of picking up a fusion 180. Does the ikon really make a big difference? If yes, how so?
tembit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tembit View Post
Iím thinking of picking up a fusion 180. Does the ikon really make a big difference? If yes, how so?
Read this thread, like others, I was having hard time dialing in heli to my liking, Not saying it could'nt be done, I was just was over trying. After one day with ikon 2 heli flys better then before, much more locked in, tail is not bouncing all over , more locked in during funnels, Random head wobbles gone, still some fine tuning needed to call it done. Not saying its a must, Im just glad i did it.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:10 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtech73 View Post
Read this thread, like others, I was having hard time dialing in heli to my liking, Not saying it could'nt be done, I was just was over trying. After one day with ikon 2 heli flys better then before, much more locked in, tail is not bouncing all over , more locked in during funnels, Random head wobbles gone, still some fine tuning needed to call it done. Not saying its a must, Im just glad i did it.

Appreciate the feedback.

How was the setup, particularly the collective and cyclic angles on such a small heli? Did you follow the 180 cfx ikon setup videos?

At any rate, I ordered the fusion 180 so I’ll see how well it flies out of the box. I won’t have my tools on me while on vacation, so replacing the FBL might be a chore.

Last edited by tembit; 07-11-2019 at 05:53 AM..
tembit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bladeís best bet for 180 size

After reading this entire thread, and acknowledging the Fusion 180 is still establishing its reputation, would it be safe to say that, compared with the CFX 180:

-The Fusion 180 itís a better bet when it comes to durability/crash worthiness/cost of repairs/ease of repair.

Ė The Fusion 180 would be easier (more docile out of the box) for a less experienced pilot to fly compared with the CFX 180.

Any other considerations when trying to decide which is better to purchase, the CFX or the Fusion 180?

Thanks to all.
onepiece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another consideration... Fusion 180 is newer so Blade will take longer to discontinue it.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 10:32 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just received my 180 fusion today. I'm by no means a 3D pilot yet, so just did some circuits around the yard. So far, so good. One caveat though. I setup the pitch and throttle curves from the manual on my dx8. My first flight in normal flight mode(not idle up), I had a crash into the ground which resulted in the blades hitting the dirt. With the out of the manual settings, it was hovering at roughly 75 percent throttle. I came out of a stall turn and didnt have enough throttle or pitch to pull myself out of the dive. Nothing broke, and I picked it up and took off again. Flys great.
LcplUSMC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 07:10 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as durability, I have been extremely impressed with the F180. I had several hard crashes and the only things I have had to replace were main blades, a blade grip, a main shaft and a main gear. I also opted to replace the tail boom after a blade strike dented it however it still worked perfectly and was not warped. The servos really impressed me that none of them suffered damage after multiple crashes - all without any servo saver mod.
jasond1979 likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi gents...mine came yesterday from Amain (those guys are great), so 2 q's...1st...it WILL run on 4s, right? Hope so, I bought 2x tattu 4s450 70c....2nd...why is the TH curve capped at 75% What's up with that? I"m like...that's like putting a governor on the motor...?
poiyt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default a good .SPM file

Hi guys
I have a new 180 fusion
it's very pretty, but I can't make a right setup.
I can't get a stable tile and a regular flight.
I have an DX9 Sp
can anyone send me a good .SPM file?
Many thanks
Alfio

traslate with Google
alfiosca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

It has MG servos? Doesn't look like it from this Blade picture, at least for the tail servo. White plastic output spline along with other white plastic looking gears.

Sigluvr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 03:41 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

the servos are the original ones SP H2070
the SP H2070T tail servo burned out and I replaced it with a BlueArrow D03013
Old 07-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cyclic servos have metal gears, tail servo plastic gears.

The "7.5g Nanolite Plastic Heli Tail Servo" is used in the following:
Used In...

Fusion 180 BNF Basic
(BLH5850) as a Parts ListingThe Blade Fusion 180 is the high performance 3D machine thatís ready to tear up the backyard. Fusion series improvements and refined control make this micro heli fly like nothing before. It's practically in a class by itself.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:22 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok
The Blade Fusion 180 is very fine, but I have serius problems to stabilise the tile

I look for a .SPM file that work in my SP DX9

regards
Old 07-19-2019, 06:04 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcplUSMC View Post
I just received my 180 fusion today. I'm by no means a 3D pilot yet, so just did some circuits around the yard. So far, so good. One caveat though. I setup the pitch and throttle curves from the manual on my dx8. My first flight in normal flight mode(not idle up), I had a crash into the ground which resulted in the blades hitting the dirt. With the out of the manual settings, it was hovering at roughly 75 percent throttle. I came out of a stall turn and didnt have enough throttle or pitch to pull myself out of the dive. Nothing broke, and I picked it up and took off again. Flys great.

you running 3s batteries? if so it needs a 4s battery or swap to old 180 cfx motor.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, running the tattu 4s 450mah batterys, with a xt30 connector.
LcplUSMC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
belt-driven tail, blade fusion 180, blh5850

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in