Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grewrob
  • 1 Post By Harrisson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help XK K110 RTF

I just received the XK K110. I plugged in the battery to check with the X6 TX. Smoke came out and the connector got very hot. I pulled it out immediately.
I checked the main board and I found out that one line came out, stick in the air by itself. Pleas see attached the picture.
I guessed that I could have a bad connector from the heli board (not from the lipo battery).

Is this the problem for the smoke?. I hope I did not fry the board. I was really upset because I waited a month for the package from Bangood then I could even made one test flight.

Thank you for your help
Harrisson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2019, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I do not see any attached picture to your thread.

Maybe it is also the ESC (e.g black Mosfet chip)?

Smoke is never good :-)
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure I understand exactly what happened. To double check, you plugged in the battery (normally, not backwards?) then smoke came from the K110 circuit board?

Either the circuit board is faulty, or you somehow plugged in the battery backwards.

Your circuit board may or may not be toast. First, take pictures so you have documentation when you contact Banggood. Make sure to contact their customer service. Their customer service is decent they they'll most likely help you out, monetarily. Be sure to be stern with what you want, they're trained to repeatedly low ball you. This will take a while to get everything resolved with them.

Next, Re solder the connecter, double check battery polarity and try again. Be ready to unplug quickly

I have accidentally plugged in a battery into my k110 with reverse polarity and it got extremely hot, but it still works, so you maybe in luck.

A couple of US vendors like MotionRC sell K110's If in stock, you can buy a new circuit board and get it in a few days. Annoying, but this stuff happens sometimes

I hope this helps. BTW, this post is better suited for the micro heli sub forum. The k110 forum on RC Groups is very active as well. You may want to post there if you have not already. Best of luck
Grewrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 07:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for all the advises. I managed to spin the heli for few seconds then it dies down afterwards. It seems like there's no juice then the main shaft got stuck.
Could it be the ESC board is damaged or something else?. Please take a look at my video. Thank you for your time.

IMG 1223 (0 min 32 sec)
Old 05-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know how to move this thread to the K110 forum
Old 05-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisson View Post
I don't know how to move this thread to the K110 forum
Fortunately, I do.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's odd. It's also odd that the tail motor going full speed on the ground. Battery is fully charged and transmitter setting are set to default? If so, it may be safe to say the ESC is toast. Sorry man, sucks to wait so long to have the thing break on ya. Best of luck.
Harrisson likes this.
Grewrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just looking at the ESC board on Banggood for $18.00. Another option is order another XK K110 BNF and keep this one for practicing my repair skill.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can find cheaper K110/K124 ESC boards for ~10EUR including shipment on ebay from 2-3 dealers!
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Thomas. I saw the ESC board on ebay but it's used. I'd rather pay a bit more to get a new one. Chinese products, you know what I mean.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you set ebay to worldwide/international to include China stores?

ebay.de works differently than ebay.com where I have those options explicitely available on the left side, but on the .com site it only shows internationals dealers at the bottom (separate headline). You have to use the advanced searching to be able to set it to "worldwide".

I now see that multiple (cheaper) ebay.de China dealers have excluded the USA for shipment, sorry, but they only use standard or economic (SpeekPAK).

My experience with China BG shipment options:

- avoid "Air parcel register" (=normal china post, many post and customs checking stops on the route, Germany Deutsche post; there really is nothing about any faster shipment "by air"; package took a long time to pass DE customs from Frankfurt)

- "Priority Direct/Air mail" (~7 days, was picked up by DHL in China; no customs were involved, directly brought with DHL to the door)

- I read on a blog that "EU Priority Line" might do the same for me here in Germany to avoid additional custom fees and that speed should be comparable to the other "Priority Direct mail"

The ebay.de ESC China dealers will use for ~10EUR the slow / standard shipment which will take weeks...

Summary:

With my damaged K110 ESC (I tried to solder a parallel cable to it, bricked the black onboad chip, probably mosfet as it turned itself off when going from 75% to 100% throttle) I currently have no plans to buy the ESC from BG or DE dealers for the higher cost + extra shipment penality.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my BNF from Banggood shipped from USA warehouse. I took it off ground for the very fist time in my RC toy .
I crashed it so many times in my backyard while trying to hoover the heli . I also managed to hit the balcony deck and the main gear popped out of the shaft. I pushed it back and it worked fine but it kept on sliping out of the shaft after few hard landing.
Today I went to the park and started to get a little bit touch with the controller. After a dozen hard landing on the grass the main gear finally separate from the shaft.
I'm planning to buy silicon grease to help replace the new gear (it's not easy to push it thru the shaft and I don't want to bend both of the parts). Also I might try to slip a tiny O ring at the end of the shaft and a bit of removable glue to prevent future popping.
I have a long way to learn to fly this one but I like the challenge. I'm still looking to bind the X6 TX with Heli-X, AccuRC sim.
Have a good weekend.
Indokast likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in