Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 180

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TomazB
  • 1 Post By TheSteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Blade Fusion 180 Battery

Anyone have a Thrust 500mah 4S LiPo battery, P/N EFLB5004S65HV? Need to know the dimensions and weight. I am looking for a suitable battery for my E-flite Blade Fusion 180. This battery looks like it may work but specs aren't listed anywhere that I can find. Horizon recommends SPMX4504S50, but seems to be out of stock most everywhere.
Blade 360CFX, OMP M2 Explore, OMP M1
mhanley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone in the rcgroups forum talked about using 4s 450mAh Gensace batteries. At their size dimensions can be based on the choice of battery.
Goone75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pulse 4s 450 mah 45c fit. run 3min 50 sec come down at 40% life left at 80% flat throttle curve, just warm to touch. Question, anyone having headshake issues, cant seem to dail it out, its not all the time,
Ramtech73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtech73 View Post
Pulse 4s 450 mah 45c fit. run 3min 50 sec come down at 40% life left at 80% flat throttle curve, just warm to touch. Question, anyone having headshake issues, cant seem to dail it out, its not all the time,
Haven't seen any head shake. Out of the box the tail kicked here and there but after adjusting the gyro gain it is a lot better.

On a side note, who do we have to send a request to in order make a dedicated thread for the 180 fusion.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry new to posting see lfollowing post

Last edited by Ramtech73; 06-13-2019 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: want to
Old 06-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanley View Post
Anyone have a Thrust 500mah 4S LiPo battery, P/N EFLB5004S65HV? Need to know the dimensions and weight. I am looking for a suitable battery for my E-flite Blade Fusion 180. This battery looks like it may work but specs aren't listed anywhere that I can find. Horizon recommends SPMX4504S50, but seems to be out of stock most everywhere.
I have one its 70 grams 30x20x52 mm fits fusion fine
Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had random headshakes running 85% throttle. Only two flights in. If anyone had ideas, I would too like to know. On other heli's I have had this happen because the P gain is too high on the FBL controller or some bad vibes were throwing it off, but I have not tried altering those settings yet on the fusion 180. Need a usb programmer for the FBL controller. The belt seemed pretty tight from the factory, so I'm going to try it a little looser on the next flight along with the blade grips being a little looser. I was running 75% on the gyro and getting some tail kick on punch out. The blade tracking is not adjustable, so hopefully it's not a bad set on main blades. I got a spare set to try too.
rlh1975 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1975 View Post
I've had random headshakes running 85% throttle. Only two flights in. If anyone had ideas, I would too like to know. On other heli's I have had this happen because the P gain is too high on the FBL controller or some bad vibes were throwing it off, but I have not tried altering those settings yet on the fusion 180. Need a usb programmer for the FBL controller. The belt seemed pretty tight from the factory, so I'm going to try it a little looser on the next flight along with the blade grips being a little looser. I was running 75% on the gyro and getting some tail kick on punch out. The blade tracking is not adjustable, so hopefully it's not a bad set on main blades. I got a spare set to try too.
I have a dx8e transmitter and you can adjust the 7 gain parameters pg 11 and 12 in manual through the transmitter, Ill try lowering the p gain more on the head , already played around raising and lowering cyclic p gain and didnt go away. Hopefully well get some help dailing them in
Old 06-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't run my Fusion higher than 75% throttle (which is the recommended high point in the manual). At 75% I did not see any shakes but I will definitely try 85% and see if I notice anything.

As far as the tail kicks go, you might want to change the tail servo horn. I used the 3rd hole on full-length servo horn and it pretty much solved the tail kick issue. I was also able to dial down the gyro gain quite a bit from where I had to originally set it. I would also suggest gluing those pushrod guides in place to keep the pushrod in a straight line. From the factory they are not secure and any touch on them makes them go out of alignment.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did have tail on 3rd hole, I watched the coe show , went back to hole 2 after I still couldnt make heli as good as i feel it should. I didint want to make servo fail any sooner. Tail kick was never really an issue , it just isnt locked it and in funnells it waggs fast, the heli is flyable just not as good as I feel it should be, I do have may throttle to 80 or 85 because 75 just felt like no power on cyclic moves. head shake is worst on tic toc or rainbow. I thinking about putting micro ikon 2 in it, but would rather not spend the cash.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

P-gain is the least important of all three. For decreasing wobbles, D should be rised and I lowered. First try lowering I to the point where shakes dissapear. If it starts drifting before that, then you need to set D higher. And then when you preform some high demand manouvers if the D is set too high it will causee high frequency shakes.
Hemidoo likes this.
TomazB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a dx8e transmitter and you can adjust the 7 gain parameters pg 11 and 12 in manual through the transmitter, Ill try lowering the p gain more on the head , already played around raising and lowering cyclic p gain and didnt go away. Hopefully well get some help dailing them in
I had some luck today with eliminating the head shake I was having. I reduced headspeed to 75%, loosed the tension on the tail belt, loosened the blades in the grips a little and removed the tail guides and sheathed the tail rod in a carbon fiber tube. Gyro gain at 90%. Tail held pretty good and no head oscillations. I'm thinking that a number of items added up to causing some bad vibes. Hopefully, I can crank up the head speed, but I have a feeling the main blades are not tracking correctly at higher speeds.

Some good articles on PID here btw:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=749096
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/p...-in-a-nutshell
rlh1975 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomazB View Post
P-gain is the least important of all three. For decreasing wobbles, D should be rised and I lowered. First try lowering I to the point where shakes dissapear. If it starts drifting before that, then you need to set D higher. And then when you preform some high demand manouvers if the D is set too high it will causee high frequency shakes.
Thanks , Ill give a go this weekend
Old 01-07-2020, 02:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

If I decided to use the spektrum batteries for thr time being, can they be charged using any non-smart charger?
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanley View Post
I have one its 70 grams 30x20x52 mm fits fusion fine
Have you tried this batteryi in
the fusion180? If so how does it perform?
AntMan75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2021, 05:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
I noticed that you mentioned that you thought about using a micro ikon 2 in the fusion 180. I've thought of this also to try and eliminate the tail wag, but don't you need a receiver for the ikon2, where would you put it?
Limabean01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I mounted the receiver on the bottom plate at the rear. It fits in there just right.
Blade 360CFX, OMP M2 Explore, OMP M1
mhanley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2021, 08:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are pics of my current installation. I've had the FBL mounted to the lower deck (like the Blade 150S) and to the original mount. I used the lower mount to keep the weight as forward as possible. It also meant it was easy to put the receiver where the original FBL was mounted. In the end I swapped the FBL back to the stock position and put my receiver on the lower deck. It just makes it easier to access and to see the various LED's. I use an SPM4650 receiver with wires added for antennas that stick out the back. The receiver orange LED can be seen from the bottom and the Ikon LED's can be seen from the back of the heli.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fusion180-ikon-spm4650.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	908751   Click image for larger version

Name:	fusion180-ikon-spm4650-2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	409.2 KB
ID:	908753  
zquez50 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in