Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 360 CFX 3 cell - want stability gyro like 230s

So I have the 230s v2 and now I have the 3 cell blade 360 CFX. The 360 is a great heli and it is bigger and easier to see, which is what I like. I only do forward flight and hover for most part, never will do any 3d. Been flying helis for about 7 years but just like to do forward flight and do simple circuits.

Anyway, I have flown the 360 probably 20 times but I really just want to have more relaxed flying like the 230s v2. What gyro can I put into the 360 so that I can have similar stability type characteristics like the 230s v2. No need for panic button, more so stability characteristics...

I know the 360 is this great 3d machine but I just like it for the size and will only be doing causal Sunday evening type flying.

Also, no complicated setup would be helpful... Have made several helis in the past, just not looking for a major project in the summer...
Blindspot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would try the Spirit fbl,it has various settings that can make it self level,also has a coaxial setting for extreme stability.In its tuning section there is a list of heli’s you can choose that presets some of the settings for your model.
Blindspot and BrokeDad like this.
Hawaiiguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with putting in a Spirit FBL. Very easy to set up and you can turn stability on with a channel/switch or through making the gyro percent negative. It also gives you the various levels of stability. The brain/ikon stability is not meant for flying but for rescue although some have said they made it work.
Blindspot likes this.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! So I see it is sold from Italy only and is roughly $270 shipped.

I couldn't find much setup info, will keep searching though. I see it is compatible with specktrum type dsmx receivers.

My Blade 360 CFX Heli costed $370, lol... No other systems will do stability in the states?
Old 06-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the price is like $170 shipped.
Blindspot likes this.
Hawaiiguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Used ones show up at times. I bought a bunch before the GPS module came out and drove the prices up some. Keep an eye out on the classifieds. I paid from $80-$110 for the ones I have. One even came with the BT interface (Pro unit). I'd like to pick up the WiFi one.
Blindspot likes this.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, couldn't even find $170 shipped, would love to see $110. Where are you all seeing these, I have been looking on ebay...
Old 06-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If these are it, I see $158 or so shipped...

Which one or are they the same or is their another one on this site that would be better?

https://store.spirit-system.com/en/prices-drop
Old 06-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those are them. You really don't need the Pro for a 360 although that is up to you. Shipping is quite fast actually. Usually just a few days to the US. The WiFi interface is nice I'm told. You don't need anything but a web browser to use it on any device.
Blindspot likes this.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

This will be fine for you.

https://store.spirit-system.com/en/f.../8-spirit.html
Blindspot likes this.
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have bought 2 Spirit units direct from Czech Republic. No issues at all. Three to four days and bam! New FBL. They don’t have US retailers, but there is amazing customer service on their forums online, or maybe by email too.

Haven’t tested their stability modes, but rescue has been amazing.

Set up info is on their Wikipedia page. One of the reasons I like it... easy to look up on my phone at the field if need be.

http://manual.spirit-system.com/inde...itle=Main_Page

If you’ve never set up an FBL unit from scratch there will always be a little bit of a learning curve. Don’t expect it to take 5 minutes. An hour or two for initial set up and wiring, and a couple of flights to get it feeling nice.

I’ve done iKON/Brain and Spirit. Spirit feels more user friendly to set up and less intimidating, but there’s more to fiddle with on iKON I think.
Blindspot likes this.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you all! I will buy the Spirit tomorrow. If this works, I will be using them in even bigger helis. This was stopping me from going bigger. I will see how it works and let you know.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for recommendation folks!

All, thanks for the advice to use the Spirit FBL! That was a great choice, it works perfectly!

That is the best FBL I have ever used,very intuitive to setup.

I got it perfected yesterday and put on 6 flight!

Very pleased with the unit!
blarks, xoexoe and Psycho_dad like this.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear . I'm setting up a Fusion 270 ARF today with a Spirit FBL. I should put one on my 360CFX but am normally lazy about changing stuff that is working.

Hope you have a great holiday flying time.
Blindspot and Psycho_dad like this.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindspot View Post
All, thanks for the advice to use the Spirit FBL! That was a great choice, it works perfectly!

That is the best FBL I have ever used,very intuitive to setup.

I got it perfected yesterday and put on 6 flight!

Very pleased with the unit!
Hi blind spot. Thinking of doing the same thing for my 360cfx. Did you use the existing blade receiver or did you get the SPM4649T receiver that spirit recommends.

Thanks andy.
PHXScorpion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXScorpion View Post
Hi blind spot. Thinking of doing the same thing for my 360cfx. Did you use the existing blade receiver or did you get the SPM4649T receiver that spirit recommends.

Thanks andy.

I used the SPM4649T receiver following the directions. that spirit fbl works great! I'm never turning back.. Go to this thread below, these guys are the experts and they can answer any questions for Spirit units. Before you ask questions read entire thread because someone probably already answered it in detail.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373
Old 09-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I used the SPM4649T receiver following the directions. that spirit fbl works great! I'm never turning back.. Go to this thread below, these guys are the experts and they can answer any questions for Spirit units. Before you ask questions read entire thread because someone probably already answered it in detail.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

Sorry, I kind of misspoke, these guys are experts here as well, the other thread is just were they, including the guys here went to strictly talk about Spirit FBL units...
Old 09-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome thanks so much!
PHXScorpion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry, I kind of misspoke, these guys are experts here as well
I’m pilot.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So I have the 230s v2 and now I have the 3 cell blade 360 CFX. The 360 is a great heli and it is bigger and easier to see, which is what I like. I only do forward flight and hover for most part, never will do any 3d. Been flying helis for about 7 years but just like to do forward flight and do simple circuits…….I really just want to have more relaxed flying like the 230s v2. What gyro can I put into the 360 so that I can have similar stability type characteristics like the 230s v2.
I aprecciate similar when flying a scale modell.

As I have the Blade Trio 360cfx, (6S) it came with AR7210BX. Upgradet to V5 Pro it offers Stability Mode like 230S and more. RX is integrated, so no wireing is needet. Rate of Stability and self leveling is adjustable, so i really like it.
Blade Trio 360cfx mit Spinblades - Schweizer 300C 1:10 (3 min 46 sec)
The_Fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in