Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xoexoe
  • 1 Post By Chris1683

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx stretch boom is way too loose on Nano S2

Usually the tail booms on the Nano CP S/S2 are friction fit. This is true for the stock Blade booms and the MicroHeli solid CF booms. Only in cases of crashes have I had to use hot glue or other adhesive to get the boom to stay in the tail motor mount and in the boom mount in the body.

But right now I’m in the process of installing the Lynx stretch boom onto my S2. Friction fit won’t work. The boom can easily rotate and come out of both the tail motor mount and the body boom mount.

Both the frame and the tail motor are brand new.

Have others had this problem with the Lynx stretch boom? Is mine defective? I’m thinking of squirting hot glue into the holes and pushing the boom in, but I’ve always had limited success with this method. And I’d rather not CA unless others say it’s removable afterward.

Loose Lynx stretch tsil boom on Nano S2 (0 min 16 sec)

Last edited by xoexoe; 06-12-2019 at 01:12 AM..
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Lynx stretch boom is way too loose on Nano S2

The Lynx boom is definitely thinner at the ends compared to the MicroHeli boom.

The diameter of the actual shafts are almost identical, but Lynx shaved off a little too much off of the ends when they made the flat parts of the D-shaped cross sections, if that makes any sense at all.

Too bad the MicroHeli booms aren’t stretched. Was hoping to get a bit more length in there.

MicroHeli boom is on the left. Lynx on the right.

Do others have this issue?

EDIT

Decided just to hot glue the booger in and heat shrink the tail motor end.

Of course I forgot to add shrink tubing to the frame end. Not my first time forgetting. Probably won’t be my last.

Fingers crossed for breakage-free first crashes.

Last edited by xoexoe; 06-12-2019 at 01:13 AM..
Old 06-12-2019, 05:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

nice idea ... my stock boom is loose now ... something is probably cracked but I can't see it. It stays during flight ... only moves if I have a rough landing ... can somewhat easily twist it while holding it. These solid booms probably last better don't they?
darren.ankney@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

They do last longer. Over the winter when I was flying the CP S indoors and learning orientations, I’d break a stock boom one every 3 weeks probably. Never broke a MicroHeli solid CF boom. But the connections to the frame and tail motor mount did still break sometimes, so that never changed.

Outdoors is much more forgiving. Zero broken anything tail-related so far on the stock boom.
[email protected] likes this.

Aug 2019: Oxy 3+ — Oxy 2 — Nano S2 & CP X — T-Rex 150X — Spirit FBL — FrSky Horus X10S
Old 06-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have always CA glued the boom to the tail motor housing. On the opposite end where it connects to the frame, I usually put a small dab of black rubber silicone glue. It’s strong and keeps the boom secure and can be removed with some muscle if needed to put it into a new frame.
xoexoe likes this.
Chris1683 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Black rubber silicone glue?

You know, if someone looks a my collection of adhesives they'd think I'm OCD about sticking objects together. The things we become experts in within the hobby is just silly.

Now you've just made it worse! Need to find some of that black rubber silicone glue.

Aug 2019: Oxy 3+ — Oxy 2 — Nano S2 & CP X — T-Rex 150X — Spirit FBL — FrSky Horus X10S
Old 06-12-2019, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
Black rubber silicone glue?

You know, if someone looks a my collection of adhesives they'd think I'm OCD about sticking objects together. The things we become experts in within the hobby is just silly.

Now you've just made it worse! Need to find some of that black rubber silicone glue.
Look on eBay for T-8000. Its amazing stuff and it’s pretty cheap!
Chris1683 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in