Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not received it yet and probably wont for a few more weeks.

I've changed the servos as I strongly believe the 3A bec is not enough for the align servos.
xJoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2020, 12:48 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Id sooner replace the esc than the servos. Still wondering if a castle 35 would do the trick..

Jay.
jayrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2020, 04:24 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with csstle's esc lineup. I have the talon35A and the bec is 3A.

It also browned out when I run the spirit bec test. I'd go with an esc with a 5A continuous or higher.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:25 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Decided to order the HW 40A V4.
Only 0.5cm taller, this should fit. Wider as well but this is not an issue (canopy not so tight on the sides).
Pretty sure the issue I had is related to the stock ESC
Alon-HA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2020, 06:10 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's also heavier but not much. Report back how you get on! Mine will be ages banggood.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoe View Post
It's also heavier but not much. Report back how you get on! Mine will be ages banggood.
Yes like 20g but that's nothing
Think we will be happy with this ESC, should fit much better on that model.
Also planning to run the stock servos on 7.2V BEC without issues as it give 7A continuously.
I ordered from amainhobbies, first time with them.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

YGE-35 on its way. That should do the trick!

Jay.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtech73 View Post
The align pinon is bonded, I did not use it. I had a pinion in my junk pile. Also, the trex mount dos not allow for any adjustment sliding of the motor.

I just order a kit. Is the pinion already bonded to the motor shaft? Did I understand you correctly the motor has no mesh adjustment with pinion to main gear? Hope that main gear is perfectly true if thats the case.
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtech73 View Post
Just arrived , looks amazing. I going to put the mini ikon 2 in and hopefully fly today. Ill post when get a chance. motor looks huge

I am also going to put a Brain2 mini in mine. How did you mount yours? I was thinking bottom up/ wires back. Can you post a pic or two? Thanks
Old 05-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgSkyFlyr View Post
I just order a kit. Is the pinion already bonded to the motor shaft? Did I understand you correctly the motor has no mesh adjustment with pinion to main gear? Hope that main gear is perfectly true if thats the case.
The heli is fully built. I dont think they sell a kit version?

The mesh is fixed and cannot be changed. Even if you elongate the motor mount holes, the main gear blocks access to one of the bolts so that wouldn't help.

You'd need to elongate the frame and frame stiffeners to allow the mount to be moved. It's a dumb design.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was super bummed when I opened the box and.....SOMEONE BUILT MY HELI!

I've been flying, and building planes for the last 5 years and haven't been flying helis. Started with helis years ago and was really looking forward to building this bird. Oh well. I s'pose I'll get a Goblin of some kind and build that.

Still waiting for a couple small items before throwing this little bird in the air.

Jay.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoe View Post
The heli is fully built. I dont think they sell a kit version?

The mesh is fixed and cannot be changed. Even if you elongate the motor mount holes, the main gear blocks access to one of the bolts so that wouldn't help.

You'd need to elongate the frame and frame stiffeners to allow the mount to be moved. It's a dumb design.

So the non RTF without Tx is already built as well? Thats the one I ordered the Combo version.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrat View Post
I was super bummed when I opened the box and.....SOMEONE BUILT MY HELI!
Jay.

Hey Jay, was yours the Combo version? I thought the combo version was a build kit as well. Oh well, that saves me some time then, I just need to go over it and install the FBL and setup. I have built quite a few helis already so not totally disappointed.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:40 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep. 300x Combo from Helidirect. I've disassembled and reassembled quite a bit of this bird and for the most part, they did do a good job. A couple of minor flaws here and there but nothing too dramatic...

Jay.
BgSkyFlyr likes this.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 300x at Amain states that it is a kit and requires assembly. I just checked both sites and the box mine arrived in and the product numbers are the same? Any way, not the worst thing in the world. At least there appears to be thread lock in all the right places..

Jay.
BgSkyFlyr likes this.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:30 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yep. 300x Combo from Helidirect. I've disassembled and reassembled quite a bit of this bird and for the most part, they did do a good job. A couple of minor flaws here and there but nothing too dramatic...Jay.

That's also where I purchased mine from. Interesting as I think this is the first from Align to have a prebuilt combo kit. Usually it's only the RTF. Good to know. What FBL did you install in yours?
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 05-24-2020, 12:34 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 300x at Amain states that it is a kit and requires assembly. I just checked both sites and the box mine arrived in and the product numbers are the same? Any way, not the worst thing in the world. At least there appears to be thread lock in all the right places..

Jay.

I noticed that as well with Amain, Mine should be here this Tuesday. If it's any different I will post and let you know. I guess the "assembly" would be installing the FBL and setup...Thanks again
Old 05-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased the kit as well but from banngood. Also came preassembled, and I rebuild almost all of it.
I also felt like Jay said, that the assembled was pretty well, however I didn't felt there was any lock thread in the whole area of the blade grip, fathering shaft and etc.
So definitely re-build those parts.
Also I'm using the microbeast plus and I'm happy with this FBL, also have it on my Trex 470LM.
I had to do some adjustments for the tail (what was known as revo-mix before FBLs systems).
Tail is still not perfect when I punch collective very quickly, have some blowout, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

I'm waiting for the HW 40A V4 I ordered before fixing those issues.. Maybe at 85% flat + 7.4V output (quicker response for the servos) the tail will be more solid.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will definitely check all the screws, especially on the head and all tail components for locktite.I am a dedicated fan of MSH Brain2/ Ikon never had issues with them and all my other heli's performed great on default settings with minor changes made mainly for my personal preference.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:35 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

First time neo user here. Should be interesting.

Jay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in