Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By navigator2011
  • 1 Post By navigator2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Time for more NS2 time?

In just a few months, the Nano S2 + simulator taught me to confidently flip and fly around inverted, nose first with all of my helicopters, up to the Oxy3.

Nowadays, I spent most of my time with my Trex 150X trying to apply what I've learned on the simulator. But it's getting harder to make solid gains -- for some reason, inverted, tail first is giving my a rough time. So is aileron flipping. Feels like fear of wrecking the 150X is holding me back.

Funny that, since I've found the 150X crashes better than the Nano S2. Countless concrete crashes and not one broken canopy post! Even so, it seems like I need to return to the Nano S2 to push my boundaries further.
xoexoe likes this.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you mean - i hate crashing also for some reason ... doesn't seem to matter which helicopter it is... and i'm always nervous the next couple flying days after..
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nano S2 is a "level 1" heli and Trex150x a "level 3" heli.

Therefor the step from NS2 to 150x is huge. Better perhaps is to put a "level 2" heli in between, for example: Blade Mcps.

The reason, why Nano S2 is so easy, because Blade stabilized it for a beginner. No other heli has its stability.

The Trex150x is now super volatile. Even experts have difficulties with it.
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I really do find it hard to go back to the NS2 after flying my 150X. I generally love the performance of the 150x, it does everything I ask, tail holds very well, plows through the wind, and hardly ever bogs. But the NS2 is a great teacher since it reduces the fear of crashing.

There is a chance that I'll use the mcpx bl2 to go between the NS2 and the 150X. I'm looking forward to seeing how well mcpx bl2 performs.
xoexoe likes this.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you feel man. In my experience being good at one type of heli could potentially hinder your skills in others. For instance, I'm so used to these brushed micros like nano and mcp and occasionally whenever I jump in my 130s, I found it difficult.

I always wanted a 150x too. But if 130s gives me trouble, so would a 150x lol. Looking forward to a mcpx bl2 .

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whenever I change helis, it takes a few packs for me to adapt. Once I do adapt, I'm fine. Knowing this, I just work with the same heli for long periods, like weeks or even months at a time.

The only reason for temporarily switching back to the NS2 is because I'm not very worried about crashing it. Once I can sort of fly inverted tail first, I'll be back to the 150x. Lol.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, yeah, I'm also super interested in the mcpx bl2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in