Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ohh. Maybe it was such a hit, mikado decided on investing in a plastic production version!
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Ohh. Maybe it was such a hit, mikado decided on investing in a plastic production version!

That would be something lol but a plastic nitro? Count me out! lol
My YouTube Channel
MikelG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelG View Post

That would be something lol but a plastic nitro? Count me out! lol
All the Kyosho nitro helis were plastic. Hirobo. And the current promodeler nitro too!

It's all the rage!!
Old 11-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh I haven't forgotten but Mikado's plastic helicopters are expensive for plastics.

I know they're good machines, but I have a hard time swallowing those prices for a plastic machine. I can't imagine a plastic nitro being any different in that regard.

I'm sure we'll get more information here soon. The Logo 800s are supposed to be shipping in December, so I'm expecting the Glogos to be on the same shipment.
My YouTube Channel
Old 11-26-2019, 02:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

mikado usNo mention of any nitro helis anymore. Doesnt sound good
dbirds2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess we have to wait and see. If I don't see it when the Logo 800 starts shipping, then I'll be concerned.
My YouTube Channel
Old 11-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbirds2 View Post
mikado usNo mention of any nitro helis anymore. Doesnt sound good
Not entirely true. Under parts everything is there and in stock. Either they are changing a part number for the kit, color, a few little things, don't wanna hear anymore questions from us , who knows.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems Mikado can't get their product to the vendors quick enough. Five days ago this was posted by Kyle: Kyle Dahl to Derek Birdsall it’s not maybe. More are coming and then after next batch they will be on regular production schedule. Mikado just needs a bit of time cause they have been working so heavily on the 800 this year.

Now worries, cheers.
Scooterpilot
Old 11-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who knows why they took the kit off the website. Just odd if you ask me. When they have it for sLe I will believe it. Until then I couldn't pass on new nitro kit
Old 11-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah weird way to handle out of stock items.
I feel Mikado has the absolute worst online presence and outward customer communications.
Very poor way to do business in the year 2019. But hey, what's a loyal customer's opinion matter?
Old 11-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Oh I haven't forgotten but Mikado's plastic helicopters are expensive for plastics.

I know they're good machines, but I have a hard time swallowing those prices for a plastic machine. I can't imagine a plastic nitro being any different in that regard

Expensive for plastic???
You need to remember Mikado plastic is NOT the same unreinforced plastic that Blade models are made of. So right off the bat the plastic cost more.

You also need to do a little research...let me do it for you
From Helidirect/Amain
SAB Kraken 700 kit yellow/blue $1,158.00 (w/blades?)
SAB Kraken 700 kit orange/black $1,096.00 (w/blades)
SAB blk thunder 700 $1,078.00 (w/blades)
Synergy 766 kit $1,050.00 (w/blades?)
Synergy 696 kit $899.99 (no blades)
Logo 700 $999.00 (w/blades)

Keep in mind the "plastic" Logo models have been around for over 25 years. So they HAVE to be doing something right. So the price of a Logo is not bad really.
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
Quote:

I know they're good machines, but I have a hard time swallowing those prices for a plastic machine. I can't imagine a plastic nitro being any different in that regard

Expensive for plastic???
You need to remember Mikado plastic is NOT the same unreinforced plastic that Blade models are made of. So right off the bat the plastic cost more.

You also need to do a little research...let me do it for you
From Helidirect/Amain
SAB Kraken 700 kit yellow/blue $1,158.00 (w/blades?)
SAB Kraken 700 kit orange/black $1,096.00 (w/blades)
SAB blk thunder 700 $1,078.00 (w/blades)
Synergy 766 kit $1,050.00 (w/blades?)
Synergy 696 kit $899.99 (no blades)
Logo 700 $999.00 (w/blades)

Keep in mind the "plastic" Logo models have been around for over 25 years. So they HAVE to be doing something right. So the price of a Logo is not bad really.
I never said or implied anything about the QUALITY of plastic used. Further, I even said, they are good machines!

For me, regardless of the quality, I personally feel it's expensive. It's like name brand clothes vs regular clothes. Yes the Gucci Tshirt uses higher quality cotton than Fruit of the Loom, but is the difference in quality justification for the price difference? For me, no. Because, regardless if it's high quality cotton or cheap cotton, it's still cotton.

Mikado helicopters fly damn well! No question about it! I've always wanted one (partly why I want a Glogo 🙂 )! BUT when plastic frames cost as much as carbon frames on other machines, I personally can't stomach it.

I crashed my Align 700 5 times before finally breaking the frames. My Goblins, 3 times. Even though I rarely crash anymore, I just can't stomach $100-120 for plastic frames.

This has nothing to do with the helicopters and 100% to do with me and my preferences!

Ultimately, fly what you want! At this point, just about every machine is more capable than the pilot!

I'm really looking forward to the super light Glogo (maybe I can push 15 minute flight times with low RPMs) and owning my first Mikado!
My YouTube Channel
Old 11-27-2019, 04:36 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if they were called composite frames as opposed to plastic this perception of how valuable the material is would change.

I'm not sure I understand how you can accept the quality of it but because it's plastic you can't stomach paying for it. There is no logic in that.

As for cost, for example, a side frame for a Synergy 516 would set me back £46 ($59) a Logo 500 side frame £22 ($28). Nowhere near close.
JR Forza 450 - Vortex Esprit
Varelco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 04:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with you Mikel.

Iíve seen Logos completely destroy the plastic frames where a CF frame would not break.
Spektrum/Brain2
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 07:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varelco View Post
I wonder if they were called composite frames as opposed to plastic this perception of how valuable the material is would change.

I'm not sure I understand how you can accept the quality of it but because it's plastic you can't stomach paying for it. There is no logic in that.

As for cost, for example, a side frame for a Synergy 516 would set me back £46 ($59) a Logo 500 side frame £22 ($28). Nowhere near close.

They are a composite plastic (fiberglass). Although I don't know, or ever heard, if its a fiberglass chop or beads. Having a frame that has dampening characteristics and low parts counts is a plus in my book. The negative is lack of continuity and wire run options for me.

I think some of the plastic hate comes from dealing with other brands cheap plastic. Also perceived value plastic vs CF.

Then there is the crash/rebuild point. We all know that every crash is different. I can remove/replace a Logo side frame just like a CF one. More of a pain but it can be done. Wiring a plastic Logo is a pain for me as I'm very OCD about it. I've never understood why they never incorporated wire runs.

In the end I think the plastic frames are worth the price of admission. Its also a big reason why there has never been a clone (plastic frame Logo). They have been at it longer than ANY main stream company out there. That alone speaks volumes.
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 09:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

The frame prices may be a bit more reasonable on the smaller sizes, but Logo 700 complete frame makeup is $117.

For me, it has nothing to do with my experience with other plastics or what it's called. I don't know the specific type of plastic Mikado uses and I know there are different types of plastics with varying properties.

Still, when I see a helicopter require its $120 frames to be replaced from a tip over, that's just hard for me to swallow. I've PLOWED my aligns into the dirt, and broke only the usual stuff. I've seen much less intense crashes require a full rekit on a logo.

This is just MY sentiments. As I've said before, they are AMAZING helicopters! They fly amazing, they look amazing!

In truth, if the frames were half their current prices, I'd probably have at least 2 Logos right now. Maybe when I'm in a higher tax bracket I won't care anymore LOL

But this topic has gotten derailed long enough.

Back to the Glogo!

My only wish is that the blue canopy was stock instead of red lol. I'll probably selling the red canopy as soon as I get it lol.
My YouTube Channel
Old 11-27-2019, 10:17 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Frames replaced in a tipover?

I've had many crashes on logos and a few tipovers. I've replaced one frame half from crashing straight into the ground last year.

I hear the logo shattered into a billion pieces all the time here. Lots of "this one guy told me", I heard they break when....", "one guy knows a gut that seen a guy that knows a guy that exploded a logo mid air", etc etc. Seems like anecdotal stories with only a few real ones thrown in for good measure.

If you manage to break the 4 frame pieces on a logo 700, the frame cost is probably going to be the least of your worries.
I've crashed many more logos (I own many) than my cf frame helis, but replaced carbon frames more often. How is that?

Last edited by Thickfog; 11-27-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

PLASTIC.... Maybe thats why they fly so dang welll
MikelG likes this.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Frames replaced in a tipover? Now that's the funniest thing I ever heard.

I've had many crashes on logos and a few tipovers. I've replaced one frame half from crashing straight into the ground last year.

I hear the logo shattered into a billion pieces all the time here. Lots of "this one guy told me", I heard they break when....", "one guy knows a gut that seen a guy that knows a guy that exploded a logo mid air", etc etc. Seems like anecdotal stories with only a few real ones thrown in for good measure. Yep, a friend of a friend's buddy told me. lol.

If you manage to break the 4 frame pieces on a logo 700, the frame cost is probably going to be the least of your worries. Way more worries!
I've crashed many more logos (I own many) than my cf frame helis, but replaced carbon frames more often. How is that?

I practiced a LOT of auto's this year. I can say that MANY of them were not so smooth. Some were a little hard and bouncy and a few that tipped just enough to have the blades contact the ground. Not a single frame (or any other part) issue. I was surprised actually after reading so many posts about using plastic bolts to hold the landing gear on.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

No cracked frames.

Copy of Logo 600 sx crash into a tree and lost (0 min 9 sec)

First auto attempts. (12 min 13 sec)

Thickfog tries more autos! (12 min 45 sec)
MikelG likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in