Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for input, will give it another go

I fly my nano S2 in idle up at all times, (I do not use any type of stability mode). I can also fly it upside down (outside) and hold it there just not for long, then I just flip it back without safe assist. When flying the 150 I can control it in stability mode but it feels barely controllable in idle up mode. I want to fly it in idle up mode. I do not know the actual amount that pitch is currently set to. here are my current settings on the 150.

D/R and expo set on on the rudder switch 1 are
Aile 75% 25
Elev 75% 0 , (0 to get more response, it feels slow to me forward/back)
Rud 75% 25

Travel adjust is set to 100 far all

GYRO Rate SW set to Fmode, 88%Norm and 12%stunt, (I think this just tells the heli to go into idel up mode with full +- pitch on the rotor blades but not sure).

Throttle curve is set to 75 for all 5 positions in stunt mode and it feels like the blades are spinning super super fast.

Pitch curve in stunt mode in the 5 positions is at 0/25/50/75/100 (I do not know what that correlates to in actual pitch degrees)

Mix 1 (I have no idea what this does) (I guess it initializes panic mode?)
it is set to
Gyro>gyro Act
Rate D+125% U+125%
SW Elev D/R Trim - INH

What I plan to do based on your guys inputs:

fly with Dual rate switch 1 down to 65 (switch 0 is at 100) this should reduce the throw of the servo? Will also try it in switch 0 setting and see what happens at 100%.
Reduce throttle curve down to 55 across all points in idle up (I think this will slow the rotor head?) 55 is also the point used for most positions in norm.
add more expo, +5 on aileron

In remarks below "Do you have the AUX1 / PIT channel on 100%?"
what is this, how do I check it, should it be at 100%? How do I know if I am doubling up my settings?

Should I adjust my pitch curve in stunt mode?
enzo0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Update, it is flying great thanks to you guys!

Guys thanks for the help,
I took it out today and it flew well and predictable in stunt mode. I think the thing that had the biggest impact was setting the dual rate down to 65, when I flipped the switch to 100% the heli was definitely too twitchy for me but at 65% was predictable. I even took the 150S upside down and did some loops and stuff. I also upped my throttle curve to 65 for all positions.
Loving this helicopter now, no longer terrified, this is the biggest heli I have flown!
enzo0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2019, 12:09 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Per Thomas stated, 150s do need a bit (note: just a bit) tuning on its tail / cyclic to dialled to your style of flying.

My 150s maiden with quite a bit of tail shaking, which after some dial up on tail I and D gain itís rock solid in the air.

Also you might need a Jumper TX ini file tailor made for your 150s. 150s is quite different from nanos in flight characteristics and not sure the nano ini cannot match with 150s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HumanYeung is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you go about changing the roll rate on the 150s? Iím not familiar with this FBL - is it done through the transmitter or PC software?

tamupino is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamupino View Post
How do you go about changing the roll rate on the 150s? Iím not familiar with this FBL - is it done through the transmitter or PC software?

If you have a Spektrum TX (DX6 gen2 or above) with firmware updates to v2.0 or later, you can use EITHER the Text Gen in Telementry or Forward Programming function to update the Tail/swashplate PID Gain. Donít use both as the effects will be stacked. (Thanks BrokeDad).

Otherwise you can buy a AS3X Programming cable and plug it to Windows computer for setting / firmware updates.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2019, 03:48 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think the transmitter. Up the D/R on Aileron.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 150s or Mcpx BL ?

So Do I get the 150s or wait for the New MCPX BL , Iím so confused.. lol. I sure loved my old mcpx BL , but all the reviews got me really seriously thinking about the 150.. what to do.. Iím thinking power to weight ratio will be better on the mcpx .. has anyone had the old mcpx BL back in the day that now has the 150?
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2019, 02:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unless Blade has drastically improved those linear servos, you couldn't GIVE me the mCPX. I've never been so frustrated with an RC product in my life as I was with those <expletive> linear servos!
Old 09-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
So Do I get the 150s or wait for the New MCPX BL2, I’m so confused
200g (3s) vs 60g (2s).
Completely different helis.

If you want to have a beater heli to crash, get something in the ~30-45/60g size.
On the 150s it is IMHO better not to crash it into ground because of its weight but to be able to hit the rescue switch :-)

Nice carbon frame...
New swash servo layout (from the Pro series) - like on the 180CFX - looks good.

For the asked price you IMHO get much more with the 150s and you have separate components (FBL receiver, ESC, etc.) whereas on the Mcpx BL2 you are getting the "All-In-One Blade board" with micro SMD electronics with weak spots.

Any errors with the LVC, tail gyro chip, tail mosfet, main ESC mosfets/resistors and it will be quite some fun to have to replace the board for higher cost.

Servos:

I have no idea how good the Nanolite MG servos in the 150s are.

What quality level are the "metal gears"?
Just metal, or Titanium/steel like other higher quality servos in the 300/450er heli size??

Comparison:
Take the Spektrum H3050MG cyclics (I had the H3060MG tail) and read the forum replies from the Blade 270 Fusion.
"Metal gear" on cyclics alone is surely not enough to resist any crashes / tip overs.
People report that they are not resistent that much?!
Actually I did not like the quality of the H3060 plastic servo (bottom) chassis compared to DS76/T.
Do the mounting tabs break OFF or not? I NEVER had any real problems with the E-Flite DS76 cyclics (besides having to change the plastic gears on both the roll servos).

Even my XK K110 (1s, BL main, 60g) has real cyclic servos and not linear ones!!

Main blades:

I got for less than 5,40$ a pair of K110 main blades.
I hope to get 10 pairs for much cheaper abroad.
For the Nanos helis (Ncpx, Cps, S2) alone - one set - many German dealers ask for ~13-14EUR.
For the MCPX BL prices seem to be more reasonable at 9,99$.

-----------

I would love to get a BL tail motor and plug and play holder for my K110 :-)
15-18$ for the BL2 tail motor looks to be a good price to me.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 09-24-2019 at 08:08 AM..
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 03:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
So Do I get the 150s or wait for the New MCPX BL , Iím so confused.. lol. I sure loved my old mcpx BL , but all the reviews got me really seriously thinking about the 150.. what to do.. Iím thinking power to weight ratio will be better on the mcpx .. has anyone had the old mcpx BL back in the day that now has the 150?

I can relate. If I hadn't gotten the 150S when it first came out I might be in your spot but since I had no clue a new BL would be released, I happily went for the 150; which has turned out to be affectionately known as my "BL replacement". The 150S has surpassed my expectations in terms of punch power and tail performance. It's now my favorite micro since I eventually retired my BL after they discontinued it. I have hundreds of hours of BL time, so when I received an email notice from HH that they are releasing a new improved version I thought hmmmm, and wow. Now what? After 5 seconds I began to visualize my past BL flying with soon to be released flight characteristic improvements and said to myself, heck yeah!
The 150S delivers what I didn't get in the 130S. I have a 180 CFX and love it but I am now a bigger fan of these high performance much improved tail motor small helicopters from HH for the usual reasons ... fast fixes, durability etc. I don't have any time to fiddle anymore. I also wanted bail out. The 150 out of the box flys excellently and has rescue.
I expect the BL to have bail out and be more refined based on this positive 150S experience (with BLheli etc) . I wish I could tell you which one to get but there is no BL consumer feedback yet. I suggest get both, however,since you are a BL acclamated pilot already, you really have no choice but to get it. See, I'm even confused
The_Fox likes this.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquefactor View Post
I can relate. If I hadn't gotten the 150S when it first came out I might be in your spot but since I had no clue a new BL would be released, I happily went for the 150; which has turned out to be affectionately known as my "BL replacement". The 150S has surpassed my expectations in terms of punch power and tail performance. It's now my favorite micro since I eventually retired my BL after they discontinued it. I have hundreds of hours of BL time, so when I received an email notice from HH that they are releasing a new improved version I thought hmmmm, and wow. Now what? After 5 seconds I began to visualize my past BL flying with soon to be released flight characteristic improvements and said to myself, heck yeah!
The 150S delivers what I didn't get in the 130S. I have a 180 CFX and love it but I am now a bigger fan of these high performance much improved tail motor small helicopters from HH for the usual reasons ... fast fixes, durability etc. I don't have any time to fiddle anymore. I also wanted bail out. The 150 out of the box flys excellently and has rescue.
I expect the BL to have bail out and be more refined based on this positive 150S experience (with BLheli etc) . I wish I could tell you which one to get but there is no BL consumer feedback yet. I suggest get both, however,since you are a BL acclamated pilot already, you really have no choice but to get it. See, I'm even confused
Ya, maybe both is the correct choice.. I just wish $ was never an issue ,,,
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lipo recommendations

Any recommended lipo that fit and works?
torch8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch8 View Post
Any recommended lipo that fit and works?
I got these from AMain and they fit and work well:

Tattu 3s LiPo Battery 45C (11.1V/450mAh)
ridge-runner is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I will check it out.
torch8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 03:39 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the 180CFX I tested a lot of different batteries. And the conclusion there was that all batteries gave the same performance as the main motor "could not take" more anyway. It was the bottleneck so to speak.

So if the main motor is the same here (I believe so) you can just buy the cheapest 450mAh 3S cells you can find.
DX8, Phoenix
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Iíve put about 50 flights on my 150s and Iím loving it as a backyard practice flyer. This thing is crazy resilient. Iíve driven it into the ground a few times at a decent speed and have only had to replace the main gear and skids.

One thing Iíve noticed is a persistent tail kick while doing funnels. Iím hoping it can be tuned out but Iím not thrilled at the prospect of tuning this fbl...
I might just slap a spirit on it eventually.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like the Tattoo;s
Old 10-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

First flight in the 150s today and it was excellent! I didnít try anything fancy as itís bad karma to crash on a heliís first flight. The tail held well, no vibrations and it worked great with my Qx7s.

Mike
DX8 G2, Qx7s
MLFLY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2019, 02:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 150s

Great to hear the maiden goes well!

TBH competition on this heli class is fierce this year (150s/M2/T-Rex 300x to name a few) and I sincerely hope 150s would gain more attention...and supports. Itís a great heli to work on and grow with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in