Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 01:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here is a video of me flying the 150S a couple of weeks ago. I had to use a Blade 130S motor because I accidentally damaged the stock motor. Still there was enough power. Unfortunately, the background made it very difficult to see the heli in the video, especially since it did not have a canopy. Also the wide angle lens made it rather small. Since then, I have put in a Micro Brain controller which it makes it fly a little bit better.

Blade 150S - Sep 2019 (2 min 50 sec)
navigator2011 likes this.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 10:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got one of these, wow, nice job Blade. I've had over a dozen different sub "200" helis, this one is the one to beat.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2019, 01:36 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is my beater heli at the moment. I have stopped flying my Oxy 2 and Oxy 3s since Lynx increased their prices.

Here is me flying it earlier today. This time it is using the stock motor. I have fitted a micro Brain 2 controller to it because I have one lying around. The stock controller is absolutely OK. In the video, you can hear me swear when a girl suddenly rode her bicycle in front of me. Her parents did absolutely nothing and she did it again at the end of my flight.

Blade 150 S - Nov 2019 (3 min 5 sec)
Old 11-07-2019, 01:09 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying! Could you maybe post a photo of how you fitted the uBrain Micro + satellite rx? I like the look of the heli, but am not a Spektrum user, so would rather fly it with my OpenTx FrSky tx.
gweller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saw this 150s doing 3D

2019-10-20 blade 150s 3d (1 min 36 sec)
ToddMcF2002 likes this.
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweller View Post
Nice flying! Could you maybe post a photo of how you fitted the uBrain Micro + satellite rx? I like the look of the heli, but am not a Spektrum user, so would rather fly it with my OpenTx FrSky tx.
Here is a photo of my heli. The uBrain2 is put in exactly the same position as the stock receiver on the bottom plate. The satellite receiver is put on top of the tail boom holder.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1051881a.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	825323  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, thanks! That's very helpfull!
gweller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is my beater heli at the moment. I have stopped flying my Oxy 2 and Oxy 3s since Lynx increased their prices.

Here is me flying it earlier today. This time it is using the stock motor. I have fitted a micro Brain 2 controller to it because I have one lying around. The stock controller is absolutely OK. In the video, you can hear me swear when a girl suddenly rode her bicycle in front of me. Her parents did absolutely nothing and she did it again at the end of my flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDaA89ZgL_I&t=13s
Great flight by the way, yea I hate that when they have all the open space around and they choose to invade the small space that your flying in. I've experienced the same thing, except its people walking their dogs right where I want to fly.
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDaA89ZgL_I&t=13s

after looking at the oxy 2 part prices on amain, they are virtually the same as the 150s
Carpet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 12:39 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
after looking at the oxy 2 part prices on amain, they are virtually the same as the 150s
The 150 S is way more durable. For a start, it does not have the tail to worry about. After 400 flights, the running cost is about half that of Oxy 2.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question 150s and DX8 Gen 1

Thinking about getting a 150s and pairing it with my older Gen 1 DX8 radio.

What features will I miss out on or hardships will I have to live with using this arrangement. Thank you,
onepiece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I donít have a DX8G1, only a DX8G2.

If you can follow all the manual setting of DX8G2...I think the only thing you may live without is forward programming feature (which comes with TX firmware 2.0 or above).

In fact I once bind my 150S with my old DX6G2 and work just fine. Only fine adjustment to expo to soften the stick movements. I can even use forward programming with my DX6. But no governer setting for DX6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yakky likes this.
HumanYeung is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is anyone using this with an opentx radio? Currently I'm struggling to set up the heli with a horus x10s express and a JP4IN1 module. I managed to get it to fly, with huge amount of tail waggle and safe does not work. Further more the tail rotor spins up even with throttle old enabled. I guess. I'm new to helis so I do want safe for anything other than hovering, and obviously tail waggle is not desired. The tail rotor thing isn't a huge deal but would be nice to eliminate it.

I got it setup on my dx7s, works fine, still couldn't get safe to work though, at least it was enough to do the trim flight.

Thanks, Hubert.
Hubert777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I couldn't resist the holiday sale -- just pulled the trigger on a new Blade 150S!

Just wondering, though, why they used such a hunk'n choke for the tail motor wires? Anyone try relocating it?
Old 12-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

The choke is hideous.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2019, 01:04 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if a smaller choke could do the trick just as well.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:18 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whatsa tail choke again? I'd google but my safe search is in the o f f position
Moothafugga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
... What features will I miss out on or hardships will I have to live with using this arrangement. Thank you,
I am flying a 150S using my DX8 Gen 1 running firmware/Airware 3.01 and I can go into all the various special modes, including the "Advanced Settings" mode where you can adjust the PID values for both tail and cyclic.

Last edited by ridge-runner; 12-16-2019 at 08:51 AM..
ridge-runner is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moothafugga View Post
Whatsa tail choke again? I'd google but my safe search is in the o f f position
It's the cylinder on the side of the heli with the wires looped through it. Supposed to suppress rf noise getting to the receiver.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert777 View Post
Is anyone using this with an opentx radio? Currently I'm struggling to set up the heli with a horus x10s express and a JP4IN1 module. I managed to get it to fly, with huge amount of tail waggle and safe does not work. Further more the tail rotor spins up even with throttle old enabled. I guess. I'm new to helis so I do want safe for anything other than hovering, and obviously tail waggle is not desired. The tail rotor thing isn't a huge deal but would be nice to eliminate it.
I have the 150S flying very well on a Qx7s except the SAFE is not working as well. No tail wag or throttle hold problems, though. TBH, I'm just getting to understand Open TX and simply downloaded a 230S eepe which is what I'm using. I'm going to work on SAFE and more advanced Open TX but I also have a DX8 G2 which I really like and it means I can fly instead of tinker. The problem with using two transmitters is throttle hold. I never know where it is
DX8 G2, Qx7s
MLFLY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in