Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eddi E. aus G.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to VBar- cyclic setup question

I'm recently completed my second build, a SAB Fireball. This is my first heli using Vcontrol and Neo 6.1 Express.

My question has to do with cyclic pitch. Went through the setup wizard, and short of having to choose "other 450" in the beginning as there was no choice closer 280mm, things went relatively well.

One page in the setup wizard has me confused. It asks me to check that blades are at 0 degrees, then adjust a dial to set them at 8 degrees. I understand I'm basically telling the system where the arms have to be for 8 degrees pitch.

The confusing part is after I do this step and finish the wizard, full cyclic in any direction gives me way more than 8 degrees.

Now what I'm used to doing is adjusting linkages to get a proper amount of cyclic pitch, but the design of the fireball turnbuckle seems to imply that the linkages should not need to be adjusted.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is this behavior normal with vbar? Do I need Pro firmware to adjust cyclic? This is my first flybarless build and my first time using VBar, and I'd really like to feel confident everything is right before letting the new bird fly.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide
Qyoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I understand correctly what you see is normal and expected. It is using 8 degrees for reference, not for total throw. It calibrates itself - how much servo output - to get 8 degrees cyclic pitch. Full throw will be much more - especially on the bench.

So you use the VC to dial until you have 8 degrees and 0 degrees when togging the setup function, and then move on. You will set collective next which DOES take it to the full throw.

Did I read you correctly?

Another way to look at it is that you are setting a rotation rate and not an amount of throw with cyclic. It will use as much as it needs to achieve the requested rate - which is adjusted in "agility."
Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, I believe you did read me correctly. That's the answer I was hoping for. Thank you for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it.
Qyoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

in Setup Mode, the control loop is disabled, to allow measuring.

8 cyclic is for calibration, and collective ... well, for the collective you want.

Outside Setup Mode, the control loop is active, and without (limiting) sensor feedback you get higher throws on the bench than during calibration and in flight.

For collective, it can also be hard to measure because trim flight trims will add outside Setup Mode, so if you have +/ 12 of collective in Setup Mode and 1 of trim flight trim stored, you will measure +13/11 for example.
Plus, outside Setup Mode, the servos will possibly not re-center all the way, just because the control loop and mixers inside are already working.

It's just the way it is

Kind regards

Eddi
GregCA likes this.
Eddi E. aus G. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in