Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thomas.Heiss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2019, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx8 base settings for blade 400 3d please

Just bought a s/h blade 400 3d
Also bought a s/h spektrum dx8 that has been reset . Does anyone have base settings for tx please
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi. Posting this in the Blade heli section would be more appropriate. More expertise there. You can FLAG the message yourself and ask that it be moved.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

check the Blade 400 and 4503D manual.

It makes not any sense to ask for ready .SPM model files because you are setting up a flybar heli:

- the Blade manual's CCPM120 mixer settings were too high (mechanical binding) on my 4503D
- you have to setup the correct CCPM mixer values for 6 degree cyclic pitch (measure with a pitch gauge)
- you have to properly setup ~11 degree collective pitch (pitch gauge)

- the ELEV / AIL / PIT servo channel subtrim and min/max pitch travel settings are different for each servo and heli (90 degree servo arm mechanical setup + electronic fine tuning, min/max pitch: level swashplate)

- DualRate and expo to your liking
- throttle curve with constant throttle to your liking and measured head RPM (73% was a bit high on my 4503D)

- you have to correctly dail in gyro gain (HeadingHold) on GEAR/CH5 channel to your own specific throttle values in the flight modes so it holds well and does not over-compensates

- you have to set the mid swashplate point (for 0 degree) for yourself

- in the end I had to use a separate bone link - on my 4503D - from the swash to the paddle holder frame which I can adjust to prevent any mechanical bindings or unlevel link setup which the vendor has not thought about

Summary:

All the programed values in the TX will be so much different depending on your mechanical setup, properly tuned-in flybar head and swash/servos that it is better to learn how to correctly setup the heli on your own (e.g with help of a dealer or club members) with some rough values from the Blade manuals.

My first 4503D hover flights were not that great with the suggested default CCPM mixer settings.

Sure, my dealer could hover it with all the higher values without any problems when he touched the basic settings (1st setup in 2012)...but it was way too aggressive for me looking back in 2012.

As I rebuilt the 4503D (flybar) on my own in 2015 and tweaked EVERY possible setting (mechanically or electronic) it flew much different (better).

Well, maybe I had learned how to fly a CP heli too (NanoCPX + 200QX) :-)
BrokeDad likes this.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is because of what Mr. Heiss said I did not respond to this thread until now even owning a bunch of B400's. Each one of them is different. The only thing I would add is if you want go to this thread and watch some of the Finless Bob setup videos for flybar helis. I know they helped me when I got back into flying after 30 years.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 01:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Perfect .. I have already set up the tx to manufacture specs but is still to aggressive for me to learn what I really wanted was learner throttle and pitch curves . D/r and expos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in