Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Liduno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Something very wrong with pitch

I am still learning how to fly these things but I had the mCP X and currently have the 180CFX and 130X so I am not a total nube as I have been able to get them all to fly just fine. This thing however, has become a royal pain.

Using a DX8 Gen 1 and I have gone through every setting at least 50 times. Per the setup for the DX8, pitch travel should be 100. Now, when I first flew, the heli would be able to climb "ok" but felt like I really had to give way more stick then I should have to to get it up. I got into a little crash and ever since then, it's near impossible to get it to climb higher then a few feet with full stick. God forbid I should bring the stick down even a smidge or the heli will drop like a rock.

I have gone into to the travel settings and raised the pitch up to 115 which makes the heli climb like I am expecting it to but I know this isn't right. The shaft looks fine and the servo arms do not look bent. The main gear looks like it is where it should be. When the heli is sitting with throttle off and HOLD off, the blades are way negative pitch. I just can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas??
dragbug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

First check (which I believe you already checked) is that gear hasn't moved on shaft, causing up/down shaft backlash. Because grips are leading edge controlled, any up shaft movement directly adds negative pitch.

Second is that swash is level, and you have zero pitch at 50% pitch setting in radio. The front two pushrods have z-bends, but the back pushrod is straight. So in a minor wreck, the front pushrods can get compressed and the swash will tilt down in the front, lowering the overall pitch, but because the board controls pitch rate (ie elevator cyclic), it doesn't appear to be out of trim. When I do a setup, first I set the transmitter to 50% pitch, and level the swash by bending the z-bends. Then I set the pitch to zero using servo center setting. Then, if I had to use alot of adjustment to get center, reset the servo endpoints to get equal travel.

To check zero pitch, swing both blades around to the same side so the blade tips almost touch, and they should line up at zero. Some blade hubs won't allow them to swing far enough, but you can remove the blade screw to make it work.

Dan
dgoslee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Oddly enough, I remember the mCPX having the same main gear issue. I did in fact check that the gear on the mCPS was in position, however, I didn't check it well enough. It did in fact slip down but I thought it was GTG because I had pushed up on the gear really hard and assumed it was hard enough. Well, I checked again and noticed the main shaft did move so I pushed even harder on the main gear and sure enough, I felt it slide up. I don't remember the mCPX needing that much force to move the gear but either way, I got it taken care of.

I will check some of the other things you mentioned though because even though the heli does fly much better, it still feels a little weak and may need some addition alignment as you suggested.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RPM

That's great you got it fixed.
But don't get too excited about the performance.
I am still flying a MCPX-V1 with 230 flights, original motor.
My MCPS seemed lethargic compared to the old MCPX.
I tached both, and at zero pitch and 100% throttle,
the MCPX ran 4560 RPM, and the MCPS ran 4260 RPM,
both with the new Eflite 210 battery.

Dan
dgoslee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ahh ok. Thanks
Old 08-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's like the old MCPX, there's a flat spot that needs to line up on the gear and the main shaft. If the gear rotated a little on the shaft, that might have been why it was so difficult to push the gear back up.

Some times the main shaft can kind of splinter without breaking completely, it causes a kind of flexible shaft. It can be difficult to see and it will effect how the heli flies.

I always held the main gear and gently twisted the head to see if the shaft was flexing.
FR4-Pilot likes this.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe you had a similar thing like me (read my post).

The binding procedure of the Mcps is more delicate than it was with the Mcpx.

It has to bind correctly, otherwise it only half works.

There is a difference between computer and non-computer radio. Follow exactly the instructions step by step.

After binding you need to see a solid blue light.
I had first a blue and red light (purple), which was wrong.
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in