Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tonys-heli
  • 1 Post By FlaFlyer52
  • 1 Post By getsuyoubi
  • 1 Post By Skiddz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kontronik motor rewind for +/- kv

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
oldspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two Kontronik rewinds, other Kontroniks go/rewind the same way:
Kontronik Pyro 750 - HFF
Kontronik Pyro 650 - HFF

(Re)winding and building motors, manuals & videos, tips & tricks, checks & tests - RCG (sticky)

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
• Without a watt-meter you are in the dark ... until something starts to glow •
e-flight calculatorswatt-metersdiy motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
ron_van_sommeren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello, My name is Joshua. I have tried GMAURO website ( nothing but ads ), I have tried MicroDan ( 13 months back log worth of work ). Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

I have a pyro 700-34 competition that is making a horrible whine at 72% TC, I typically run in the 70% range for good governing. I use a 12s battery setup, KONTRONIK MOTOR and ESC. I have not tried a higher kv motor, but what i and others have thought of, i have tried and to no success. I use many other kv rated motors ( same manufacturer ) and no whine, but i only have one 340 kv motor, all other motors are of higher kv.

Sincerely:
Joshua
Old 08-27-2019, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello, Any body have a referral for a motor rewind. GMAURO ( website is nothing but ads ), MICRO DAN ( 13 months back log with work ). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely:

Joshua
Old 08-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where are you from? For Europe, I can highly recommend Brushlesstuning. Friendly service, insanely fast turnaround and high quality rewinds. They brought my burned down Pyro 30-12 back to life including new bearings, shaft, stator insulation and a rewind in just one week.
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

wrong forum.. unless your selling it.
no need to post in multiple forums, unless you want the mods to get mad at you.
interestingfellow likes this.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspeed View Post
Hello, My name is Joshua. I have tried GMAURO website ( nothing but ads ), I have tried MicroDan ( 13 months back log worth of work ). Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

I have a pyro 700-34 competition that is making a horrible whine at 72% TC, I typically run in the 70% range for good governing. I use a 12s battery setup, KONTRONIK MOTOR and ESC. I have not tried a higher kv motor, but what i and others have thought of, i have tried and to no success. I use many other kv rated motors ( same manufacturer ) and no whine, but i only have one 340 kv motor, all other motors are of higher kv.

Sincerely:
Joshua

There is a well known flier in Germany who will advise you and rewind if needed. If you want his contact info, PM me.
interestingfellow likes this.
FlaFlyer52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

although this thread was cross posted, is that site in English?.. looks interesting.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brushlesstuning refuses to deal with US customers because of liability issues.

Contact HF user _Dekker in the Netherlands.
tonys-heli likes this.
getsuyoubi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 05:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could always try new motorsin us. I know Steve and he likes to do custom work
https://neumotors.com/
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 01:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Crossposting is not allowed. You owe me ten minutes of my evening back for cleaning up your messes.
xoexoe likes this.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... making a horrible whine at 72% TC ...

And although the Pyro has three bearings ...

Outrunner Disassembly and Stripping - RCG
  • Disassembly
  • Removing the shaft
  • Removing the bearings

www.innov8tivedesigns.com
  • → resources
  • → video classroom
  • → two bearing change videos

Prettig weekend Ron
• Without a watt-meter you are in the dark ... until something starts to glow •
e-flight calculatorswatt-metersdiy motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
ron_van_sommeren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 07:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Exclusion is no good for hobby .

I can rewind your motor no problem and I'm all inclusive of course. I care less where you live who you are or what country you are from the shipping cost is yours...

We work with anybody anywhere to get them the service rendered.

Just pm me the vision.

I spoke to the fact some time ago that a motor at the heart of a whirlybird has some potential liabilitie$. If the motor stops it crashes then some wise power hungry modeler that begged to have his motor rewound under any condition is now mad hates you and wants big bucks for the craft the privateer is not bonded for. There is no way I can honor such liabilities unless every other motor manufacture in the world would. If the motor fails they'd pay for your damaged model and equipment.

Hmm....yeah right. there is no such warranty esp on a "competition" wind as its implied you will fly hard and on the edge of abusive. I will repair the motor or exchange it if its possible but that's about it. All sales are final. I have no time to be going through pay pal disputes that are tied to a real account that has other priorities than satisfying model motors owners snowball effect claims that would ruin you financially in a short period of time. There's just no way unless your bonded. These services are "businesses" so to speak, but they are predominately run by 1 or two individuals so heavy liability is not so easy to deal with. Maybe the manufacturers should contract work to quality handwinders QC the lot they send and supply the better motors off the shelf.

Your motor manufacturer and Xnova will supply quality mono winds off the shelf deemed competition. You see the price? Most Americans don't wanna pay that difference in dollars to have a cheaper motor rewound by a guy in the US either and so we have a behind the scene trade war in my mind. I know big bucks are SUNK overseas sink some here.....with US. Even in China you modelers buy so much bulk the cheaper price becomes significant in large numbers. How could the small guy replace your craft or compete? People don't wanna pay him anyway..... He has no money to replace anything just real skills that are in demand and in short supply. That definitely implies substantial cost. At this highly specialized level you have to help him help you.

Brushlesstuning has probably had to deal with too many unreasonable US. So have we. There is a real problem here...Obviously we're pea-nut$. From there this motor winding would cost $98.21 plus shipping. A small flat rate box from there is $25.50. Quite naturally somewhere around $124.01 will get it done here too.

Last edited by 1BOHO; 09-05-2019 at 03:53 PM..
1BOHO is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Sincerely:
Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Sounds like u have a triplen harmonic sublimating resonance occurring at the fundamental drive frequency required at 72% speed . Another wind of the same kv will whine the same. Change the controller pwm or the kv a bit with the new wind. Or run a different governing percent . The other option is to try a wye series into delta wind. Or a different controller.

Oh u could also change the pole count and wind for the same kv u had changing nothing else. If it is a 10 pole make it 14 if it is a 14 make it 10.

Send the bell to kontronics to change the pole count and rewind it for 340. If the support isnt there and u can get just the magnets I can do it for you if u decide to go this route.

Last edited by 1BOHO; 09-04-2019 at 11:50 AM..
1BOHO is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in