Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thickfog
  • 1 Post By Thickfog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 on 7s.

Jonas eat your heart out! Ok, not quite!

Mikado Logo 700 on 7s 5000mah @1400rpm (9 min 25 sec)
lbv61 likes this.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Jonas eat your heart out! Ok, not quite!
Lol, I will once you make proper use of the space you have, could have so much fun in that clearing. Reminds me of that flight I did in that forest once, fun times. Or like my friend used to say, "Eh, this is a bit tight for a 300".

Flying outside the bounds over the trees stresses me out and doesn't look fun at all, especially considering how your L600SX ended...

Otherwise, 7S looks good, seems like a nice step up from 6S regarding achievable RPM. Quite a bit more powerful than mine. If you play your cards right, this can be an excellent trainer for collective management. It's limited in governor overhead but runs RPM high enough to do 3D for the given weight, but also requires some care with the available power.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Lol, I will once you make proper use of the space you have, could have so much fun in that clearing. Reminds me of that flight I did in that forest once, fun times. Or like my friend used to say, "Eh, this is a bit tight for a 300".

Flying outside the bounds over the trees stresses me out and doesn't look fun at all, especially considering how your L600SX ended...

Otherwise, 7S looks good, seems like a nice step up from 6S regarding achievable RPM. Quite a bit more powerful than mine. If you play your cards right, this can be an excellent trainer for collective management. It's limited in governor overhead but runs RPM high enough to do 3D for the given weight, but also requires some care with the available power.
Maybe in 20 years I'll be at your level and be the ripe age of 65! Whoo hoo. I'll probably be on the skill decline by then and it'll be like starting over again!
Old 09-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I'm a dumbass. No wonder my 7s felt like dogs. And my other flights on the tdf and l600 were shorter than normal.

For some reason had my charger set to 3.8v charge. Must have jacked it up when setting up storage.

I kept thinking my start voltages were very low lately.

Nice 9 minute flight on the l700 this eve with my 5000mah 12s. 1450 rpm. Just beautiful.

I'll try the 7s again with a full charge next time! 😏😏

Awesome time on the l600 fpr 8.5 min at 1500. Man I love that heli. I'm not as worried to fly and crash it. There's no more fun than an awesome flying helicopter that you're not worried to crash. Glad I own 2! My v1 600 is the best $250 I've ever spent
Old 09-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you ever venture below 100ft, lol? I would fly that thing just below the tree lines and fully use that cleared area. I hope you didnt fly your 4M that high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have almost the same space, but I never go above 100ft. I have to keep it low enough that if I get it stuck in a tree, my bucket truck from work can reach it.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Do you ever venture below 100ft, lol? I would fly that thing just below the tree lines and fully use that cleared area. I hope you didnt fly your 4M that high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yup. The 380 max goes high too. Can't fly that low. The stuff in front is well above 12 feet high. That cleared area only looks clear. Many tall bushes, small birch, larches, etc.

I do orientation work with the 380 to 600 only in the yard grass area. Nose in hover, reverse circuits, etc.

Winter is coming. Lower! Lower! Lower! Way more visibility when stuff and tress loose their leaves.

In mid May to June I go through a small shock as the tress fill in, plants all start growing and suffocate my flying area. Takes a few weeks to feel "ok" again. It is historically my most crashy time.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
I have almost the same space, but I never go above 100ft. I have to keep it low enough that if I get it stuck in a tree, my bucket truck from work can reach it.
Should I buy a bucket truck? I feel it may be a good investment!

We need to have a heli party here. Get Jonas flown over, Ben, Tony, Ravo, etc. Make a bonfire and fly all morning, day and eve!
Be ready to crash!
jrman83 likes this.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

they aint cheap.. work just gave me a brand new one.. 2019 F550.. over 250k.. I wish I could buy my old one but they go to auction. and they go for 60k.
just get friendly with the local tree guys.. they climb them all the time. just tell them you lost a case of beer in the tree.. right by the heli.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
they aint cheap.. work just gave me a brand new one.. 2019 F550.. over 250k.. I wish I could buy my old one but they go to auction. and they go for 60k.

just get friendly with the local tree guys.. they climb them all the time. just tell them you lost a case of beer in the tree.. right by the heli.
Holy cow. 250!! How long is the useable service life?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forget what year my old one was, but I put 120,000 miles on it..the elect co. tries to get new ones every 10yrs or so. got a new motor at about 5000 mi. injested turbo parts.. 2 transmissions.. god knows how many hrs either.. I forgot to look. she was a good girl. 4x4 too.
did a lot of work with her.. even hurricane sandy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in