Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JonJet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tail worn out, worth fixing?

I have a stock 130x with metal tail gears as the only upgrade I ever did. The tail seems pretty worn out and is getting some bad vibes during flight. I took the mains off and ran it on the bench at 75% throttle and they didn’t seem that bad when I touched the tail boom, but there was definitely a buzz feeling.

When I wiggle the tail I can see there is lots of play in the bearings(the flanged ones in the tail case). I think I could find some that are the same size on the microheli site for maybe $15 shipped although I’m not sure they are exactly right and it could also be the case is wearing out, I don’t really know.

They have a whole upgraded tail assembly on sale for $60. It might make sense to just put a whole new one in.

I can’t decide if I should fix it or put it back on the shelf. I just bought 6 new batteries. I’m kinda concerned about not being able to get parts for it in the future. It’s also not exactly the greatest heli. It’s pretty nice when it’s working right but keeping the tail working right is kinda a pain. I especially hate working on the original plastic one because I’ve broken the slider taking it apart to replace gears before.

I can always just buy something similar with a tail motor that is way easier to maintain.

Interested tp hear what people think. The 230s and 150s both have me kinda interested. I emailed horizon to ask them a question about which channel the flight modes are controlled with (assuming 5) and what values select which mode(-100,0,100?). They never even responded to my email, so I’m kinda thinking forget them and build an oxy.

Ok done rambling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had all but given up on the 130X when I discovered the tail upgrade in the thread below...I would install the $60 tail and add the DS76T

The 130X is one of HH's best introductions...it's one of the best out-of-the-box fliers in the entire lineup even after so many years

Still the smallest collective tail heli...it's going to take some doing to top it in that size

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=825631
Mrowka likes this.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Interesting, do you need to run a larger battery to balance the extra weight? Will any little tail servo do? I used to have the one that came on my trex 250 that I pulled to put a JR on. Not sure where I would have put it though
Old 10-08-2019, 05:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousnation View Post
Interesting, do you need to run a larger battery to balance the extra weight? Will any little tail servo do? I used to have the one that came on my trex 250 that I pulled to put a JR on. Not sure where I would have put it though
The 3n1 will handle the balance

DS76T is the lightest tail servo...but any micro tail servo should work
Old 10-08-2019, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depends on how big your budget is.

If $15 worth of bearings will get you a helicopter that flies like new, and that's what you want to spend, then do it.

If you want to spend more, then go hog wild.

For the record, as JonJet will attest (I've bought several DS76T tail assemblies from him), I am a big fan of the MH/Lynx/Rakon tail and DS76T tail servo combination, but one of my 130Xs has a stock tail and servo and it also flies just dandy.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I found that tail Servo in a box, I think I’m gonna look into it, I doubt I’ll need it for anything else. Thanks
Old 10-10-2019, 04:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fix then sell

Get it working again and then sell it on ebay. Use the money toward a newer model, the newer blade helis have so many more features, telemetry, safe/panic (if you need it, it's there to save a crash if you want to go crazy with 3D). I have a 230s v2, it blows the 130x away, not even a comparison. Also, the 130x is the most difficult heli to do maintenance on, I am tired of bench time. Instead of tweaking my 130x for three hours in my garage, I'm at the field having fun with the 230s V2, or my older models (300x, mcbx BL which don't give me a lot of problems). I crashed my 230s, flew like a donkey one day and actually hit a street sign . I ordered a new tail motor, tail boom, and blade grip, and repaired it about 30 minutes and it's back in the air, no chasing the "sweet spot" (unlike the 130x) it flew fine right away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in