Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 06:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course it allows to set gear mesh. The motor support can be mooved foward and backwards, when you loose the bolts on the left and the right side where the motor support is fixed in the Frame.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (31).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	818415
The_Fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fox View Post
Of course it allows to set gear mesh. The motor support can be mooved foward and backwards, when you loose the bolts on the left and the right side where the motor support is fixed in the Frame.
Attachment 818415

Oh nice - well - I will check the gear mesh, but as far as I can tell its ok. I would think if that was the problem, then it would act strange when spooled up without blades on yes?
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

About the blade tightness.. I still recommend playing around with it. Mark one of the grips so you can tell them apart, and then loosen one side maybe 1/16th of a turn and try spooling up again. If it gets better continue loosening that side. If it gets worse do the other side.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
About the blade tightness.. I still recommend playing around with it. Mark one of the grips so you can tell them apart, and then loosen one side maybe 1/16th of a turn and try spooling up again. If it gets better continue loosening that side. If it gets worse do the other side.

I agree that it must be some problem with the blades at this point. Perhaps I had them too loose (I do recall thinking that they were looser than usual).
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 10-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just loosen the two motor screws on each side of the fuselage and adjust. There is a slight slot in the fuselage screw hole that allows for gear mesh adjustment.
PHXScorpion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Two things i want to tell: all stock main gears are unround. I changed to Lynx Heli main gear. It's milled on CNC mill, perfectly round. 136 T, really. The "136T" Blade Main Gear has 135T.

I had vibrations caused of wornout main bearings. Changed them, and thought why don't change spindle aswell. Vibrations keept persisting. Startet to interchange everything from my second 360 and It turned out: the brandnew spindle was bent. Changed it, there are allways two in a pack - no more vibrations. So be aware: brandnew parts can be faulty aswell.
I just received my Lynx gear and it is even more out of round than the blade one was. Very noticeable when spinning and one side of gear mesh is tight and other side loose. Very disappointed. I'm going to pull it out and caliper it to see how far off it is. I got two gears from them so will check the other one too. Not what I usually get from them.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXScorpion View Post
I just received my Lynx gear and it is even more out of round than the blade one was. Very noticeable when spinning and one side of gear mesh is tight and other side loose. Very disappointed. I'm going to pull it out and caliper it to see how far off it is. I got two gears from them so will check the other one too. Not what I usually get from them.
Wowee, that's disapointing! I was just going to order some of their drive gears today.

I've also thought about chucking up the stock gear in my lathe, and truing it up. Of course that would only change the OD of the teeth, leaving some longer than others. Maybe worth trying, though.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the gears are terribly out of round. I've only ever chewed up teeth when I crashed. Every crash. 360cfx seems to eat main gears in a crash. But thats ok .. they are only like $5 a piece (two in a bag for $10 I believe).

Now - surface wise - Traxxas - I've had WAAY more problems with main gears... especially on high torque models such as the e-Revo.

Feathering wrench is at my house according to USPS. I'll be able to reassemble tonight - YAY ... hope to get out to the field tomorrow to test.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 10-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just received my Lynx gear and it is even more out of round than the blade one was.
The Lynx gear is milled on CNC machine - in this case nearly impossible to be unround. Your center hub might be unround, or the mounting holes might be excentrical.
I have two Blade Trio 360cfx, and in both running the Lynx gear. Both run round...
Old 10-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The Lynx gear is milled on CNC machine - in this case nearly impossible to be unround. Your center hub might be unround, or the mounting holes might be excentrical.
I have two Blade Trio 360cfx, and in both running the Lynx gear. Both run round...
Well i put a caliper on it and it is out of round for sure, cnc or not! The other one i got from them looks right on, so i will put that one in and see if the gears mesh correctly.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, other lynx gear is perfect. Got great gear mesh, doesn't visibly wobble side to side when running, and my tail wag is almost completely gone. Vibrations good level too.

So now I will contact lynx and see about exchanging this turd for a good one.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok - its back together! Hopefully I can make it out to the field today for testing!
xoexoe likes this.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 10-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well .. it flew OK. The vibration has settled down some. Its still there tho during spool up. I am going to put some tape on the blade tips and make sure the blade tracking is correct .... also mess with the blade tightness.

THat is... after I fix it. I made a crappy landing and managed to break off one of the tail rotor pitch arms (and take a chunk out of one of the tail blades) ... stupid ... made me angry
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 10-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never had any issue with mine. I still have two 3 blade conversion kits, AL tail case, and dual bearing AL swash never used. I always land in a spot that is free from even much grass (it's mostly moss). The 270 is particularly sensitive to landing as the big 450 sized tail blades have little clearance the vertical fin affords them.

My two 360 belts are now in Oklahoma. It's weird HH still lists them as backordered. It was also strange they shipped out of CA instead of IL like normal. Maybe this week they will update their web pages as it's used on the Fusion 360 also. I just wanted them as spares.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I've never had any issue with mine.

Heh - The only issues I've ever had are self inflicted I'm pretty sure. I don't think any of them are the fault of the helicopter. Today's bad landing was definitely my fault.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 10-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

The landing gear is pretty whimpy. I put different gear/skids on mine, from a much larger combusiton powered heli (Hirobo Concept 30). The gear is wider and stronger. At least until I work out the problems with the heli. Guessing that has saved me from a broken frame several times now. The oversized gear doesn't stop it from looping or flipping - plenty of power.

I broke the plastic tailcase on my 360CFX last week, in a forced auto rotation landing. I've got an aluminum tailcase, pitch slider, and control arm on order from Microheli.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Better landing gear wouldn't have saved me ... I have a wooden platform I take off from. I land on it usually too ... however, its slippery so if you don't set down right, it will slide off ... its tall enough that if done right you can contact the tail. I think, going forward, I'll just take off from it and land in the grass.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 10-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Cal View Post
The landing gear is pretty whimpy. I put different gear/skids on mine, from a much larger combusiton powered heli (Hirobo Concept 30). The gear is wider and stronger. At least until I work out the problems with the heli. Guessing that has saved me from a broken frame several times now. The oversized gear doesn't stop it from looping or flipping - plenty of power.

I broke the plastic tailcase on my 360CFX last week, in a forced auto rotation landing. I've got an aluminum tailcase, pitch slider, and control arm on order from Microheli.
Interested in that but what about the extra weight throwing off the cg? Seems tail heavy like most of my blade helis and adding weight at the end of the tail would have a negative effect I would guess??
Old 10-08-2019, 04:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXScorpion View Post
Interested in that but what about the extra weight throwing off the cg? Seems tail heavy like most of my blade helis and adding weight at the end of the tail would have a negative effect I would guess??
Not the tail skid, just the main landinger gear legs and tube "skids" that attach to them on the bigger helis. I busted this landing gear in the last "incident", and no more Hirobo Shuttle parts available. So thinking of putting Trex 700 gear on it this time.

My Blade 360 3s balances perfectly, with a 3300mAh 3x pack.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Cal View Post
Not the tail skid, just the main landinger gear legs and tube "skids" that attach to them on the bigger helis. I busted this landing gear in the last "incident", and no more Hirobo Shuttle parts available. So thinking of putting Trex 700 gear on it this time.

My Blade 360 3s balances perfectly, with a 3300mAh 3x pack.
You can still get Hirobo Shuttle parts from Japan just FYI although I'm guessing it's not worth it if you can source something else.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in