Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Neo and mAh Consumed Telemetry

Does the mAh data come from the ESC or is it calculated using current and voltage in the neo. The reason I ask I have current have HW ESCís and IKon2 units. Iíve thought about Vbar with the upcoming integration on HW escís but they do not sent mAh consumed. With my iKon2 it is calculated in the FBL unit and sent to my transmitter. I think on the Scorpion ESCís it is done in them. I donít want to upgrade and then loose this once the HW firmware is updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All done and reported in the ESC or TelMe unit.
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

So unless HW makes mAh consumed reportable then I would not be able to get this unless I swapped to Scorpion ESCís?
Old 10-14-2019, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which HW are you using? The 80a v4 and up all have mah consumption. Or maybe misunderstand what you want.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

FWIW voltage is not required to calculate mAh consumed.. all that's needed is current (amps) and time...

But as for your question; you might want to make a comment against the Video Kyle Stacy made on the Hobbywing Technology FB page announcing the new Vcontrol telemetry support. He said 'full' integration but didn't go into much detail of what 'full' really means in this context. He didnt mention mAh consumed, or even Amps come to that. This doesnt necessarily mean it wont be available because it was just a brief announcement at the end of his video.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Which HW are you using? The 80a v4 and up all have mah consumption. Or maybe misunderstand what you want.
Oh really. On the Ikon2 this is calculated in the FBL controller so I assumed this was not capable. It lists the Scorpion as being able to send this data directly through the FBL unit.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by micccain View Post
Quote:
Oh really. On the Ikon2 this is calculated in the FBL controller so I assumed this was not capable. It lists the Scorpion as being able to send this data directly through the FBL unit.
Fairly new to telemetry so I may be wrong and maybe it is done how you say. If you scroll to the bottom you will see a table of HW esc's and there telemetry functions. I use Spirit fbl so this is where the I got the link from

http://manual.spirit-system.com/inde...Wing_Telemetry
Old 10-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Fairly new to telemetry so I may be wrong and maybe it is done how you say. If you scroll to the bottom you will see a table of HW esc's and there telemetry functions. I use Spirit fbl so this is where the I got the link from

HobbyWing Telemetry - Spirit System Manual
Each FBL/RX combo will have different requirements from the ESC for telemetry, for VBar use it is all done in the ESC and reported to the Neo to transmit the data to the VBC in real time.

As the OP asked about VBar that was the answer I gave in post #2
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Quote:

HobbyWing Telemetry - Spirit System Manual
Each FBL/RX combo will have different requirements from the ESC for telemetry, for VBar use it is all done in the ESC and reported to the Neo to transmit the data to the VBC in real time.

As the OP asked about VBar that was the answer I gave in post #2
I only posted the table from the spirit page as it's the only one I could think of that has all the HW esc telem features listed. I didn't mean to suggest anything other than the telem options for hobbywing as i was under the impression that the op wasn't sure about mah output from HW esc's. Apologies if I made a mistake or said the wrong thing as that was certainly not my intention.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I only posted the table from the spirit page as it's the only one I could think of that has all the HW esc telem features listed. I didn't mean to suggest anything other than the telem options for hobbywing as i was under the impression that the op wasn't sure about mah output from HW esc's. Apologies if I made a mistake or said the wrong thing as that was certainly not my intention.
Yes I initially asked and am concerned with the mAh. I know the other values. I guess what I donít understand is whether the spirit manual is saying the HW is sending mAh or if the Spirit unit is doing it
Old 10-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes I initially asked and am concerned with the mAh. I know the other values. I guess what I donít understand is whether the spirit manual is saying the HW is sending mAh or if the Spirit unit is doing it
Yep and this is what I am unsure of too. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I never really thought about it until your thread.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I guess what I don’t understand is whether the spirit manual is saying the HW is sending mAh or if the Spirit unit is doing it
The HW only sends instantaneous amps. mAh consumed is calculated by the Spirit based on current (Amps) and time. It says this on the table on the Spirit web site:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_41 Oct. 16 06.19.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	820471  
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Old 10-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Quote:
I guess what I don’t understand is whether the spirit manual is saying the HW is sending mAh or if the Spirit unit is doing it
The HW only sends instantaneous amps. mAh consumed is calculated by the Spirit based on current (Amps) and time. It says this on the table on the Spirit web site:
Thanks grumpy, I had seen that but again wasn't entirely sure if the spirit was doing the calculating.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

here's a good overview on j-log's homepage showing all supported ESCs and the information about mAh used is calculated in j-log(S32) or Esc itself: j-log.eu => supported Escs. it is a good overview of different ESCs capabilities...

it confirms what Grumpy wrote

Ciao
Michael
Old 10-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

The HW integration is still VERY much in its infancy right now. I am currently on version 1 of the integration software and right now it's reporting mAH consumption, ESC temperature, capacitor temperature, RPM, throttle percentage, BEC voltage and a few other items like that. Setup right now is still done via the program card, but that could change in the future. Stay tuned as HW releases more information surrounding the software soon.

Also, there is no extra unit or sensor required for telemetry. All you need is a cable that goes from the "fan" port on the ESC to the satellite ports on the NEO. I made one myself quick, it was super easy. I didn't have any Mikado satellite cables at home when I did it, but it turns out Mikado uses the same satellite ports on their switches. So I took an old broken one and stole the plug from it ;-)

KS
Rabid121, Smoggie and bones7 like this.
Kyle Stacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Stacy View Post
Hey guys,

The HW integration is still VERY much in its infancy right now. I am currently on version 1 of the integration software and right now it's reporting mAH consumption, ESC temperature, capacitor temperature, RPM, throttle percentage, BEC voltage and a few other items like that. Setup right now is still done via the program card, but that could change in the future. Stay tuned as HW releases more information surrounding the software soon.

Also, there is no extra unit or sensor required for telemetry. All you need is a cable that goes from the "fan" port on the ESC to the satellite ports on the NEO. I made one myself quick, it was super easy. I didn't have any Mikado satellite cables at home when I did it, but it turns out Mikado uses the same satellite ports on their switches. So I took an old broken one and stole the plug from it ;-)

KS
Thanks Kyle!!!
I don't care as much about the "integration" as the telemetry. I've gotten spoiled on that....Is the testing going good? I'm curious as to how long it will be before they release it....lol
Old 10-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kyle, I have a 2016 Version 4 (not 4.1) HW Platinum Pro 200HV.

Do you know if this older hardware version will have the V-Control telemetry integration as well?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
Kyle, I have a 2016 Version 4 (not 4.1) HW Platinum Pro 200HV.

Do you know if this older hardware version will have the V-Control telemetry integration as well?
I have no inside knowledge at all, but i'd be very surprised if the older V4 ESC didn't work just the same. It has identical telemetry output and takes the same firmware. Kyle did also say in his podcast that the integration would work on all V4 ESCs. Most of the HW range is still at V4.0, only the 200A has been updated to V4.1 . So if it only worked on V4.1 then it would only work on one model of ESC, not the full range as stated.

PS.. thanks to Kyle for dropping in and clearing up the uncertainties
Old 10-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

AFAIK, all V4/V4.1 ESCs will be supported, but that could change. I'll ask the higher ups now and report back once I know more!

KS
Kyle Stacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Stacy View Post
AFAIK, all V4/V4.1 ESCs will be supported, but that could change. I'll ask the higher ups now and report back once I know more!

KS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in