Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The_Fox
  • 1 Post By bmlasater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BL 2 Issue...

In feeding my thirst for new Blade micros, I jumped at the new BL...
Got 2, fired them both up...Fabulous flying, with one major issue...Both have severe tail wag in fast forward flight...I did try to modify by going ro 42 mm tail blade, but no help....If anyone can shed light on this issue it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's an up and down wag lower the overall cyclic gain. If it's a side to side wag lower D gain on the tail.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi, Broke,

What is the process for entering adjustments?
Nothing in manual about access...

Thanks,

John.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If it's a side to side wag lower D gain on the tail.
D-Gain is the ammount of gain aplicated if a sudden movement hits the Tail, and the tailrotor has to push against sudenly and powerfull. This is not about tail wag...you will lower D-Gain if the tail is overreacting in sudden strong side wind.

A slow tail wag: increase P-Gain. A high freqwent Tail wag: decrease P-Gain.
Most Blade Helis FBL Gain Menus are entered by: pressing the bind button while holding both sticks right and down. You will see the swashplate moving a couple of times quickly. to show you gain menu is active. Scroll to the right on your radio, first you pass servo menue, than you see gain menu.
H1-H3 are swashplate gains, H4 is cyclic response. H5-H7 are tail gains, H8 is adaptive tail filter.
H5-P, H6-I, H7-D-Gain.
The above is working for Blade 130S, 150S, 230S (both) 250cfx- hope it works similar for the new BL2.
Hemidoo likes this.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Working on it...
New BL seems as sensitive to vibration as original..Out comes the scissors and tape....10 minutes of dynamic balancing and 90% fixed...
I played a bit with the mounting screw tension on the board, another slight
improvement.....
My second machine seemed a bit worse than first, dropped a 42 mm tail blade on, got better smoothness, still good tail hold.
Will try a different mounting tape for board soon, will experiment with drone
.props on tail..
Alll in all gonna b great machine....Both will do full throttle sideways loops into the wind, good piro circles and flips, excellent rolling tail slides..I could stop now, but gotta see if I can get the last little bit of wag gone...
PS...I used subtrim on gyro to drop gain below -100 ,,,this seemes to cut wag down a bit more, no blowouts...

John.
Hemidoo likes this.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick update...

Tried 31mm 3 blade drone prop on tail of one machine...Maybe besr answer yet.....excellent hold, no wag at all, slight resduction in piro rate over stock 47 mm blade...wish I still had 3 blade bl props from wayback....

More to come...

John.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My issue so far is the flight modes. Is there any way to program the radio so the BL2 flies the way I want it? It's been a while since I flew a Blade micro heli.

Also, had my first crash due to a tail blowout during an inverted tail-in hurricane - Warning: the aluminum main shaft is softer than melted butter. My local guy has none in stock. Here we go again...sigh
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now what is crazy is I have 0 tail wag.. 0 issues in fast forward mode, all modes and better my 3D mode is a beast and it holds perfectly in full pitch pumps up and down and all directions, in fact it holds better then some full size helis- Which I mostly fly now, in full hard 3D it is a monster.

Seeing these issues does make me wonder about QC. Sorry to hear these. If not being perfect 0 pitch by a hair is bad mine had that.. not the end of the world
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not unexpected...
New helis always have issues, usually the Blades can be fairly easily fixed...

All in all very happy with new BL as well as the 150s....that lil beast is a sleeper..Best out of the box I've seen so far, and I am OCD as all get out qhwn it comes to tuning...Even the S2 nano can fly like a champ, but needs some reengineering to get there..I think the BL will b fine with balancing, different tail blade, and deoxit on the servos....

John.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in