Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DannyR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2019, 05:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problems with S2. not much lift plus other stuff

Hi, I recently upgraded from my old trusty nano cpx which I loved a lot. Bought the new S2.

I have encountered 3 problems so far. Never crashed it but I will explain what's going on.

1. There is very little lift compared to the cpx. Even at full throttle it barely has enough power to rise. It will lift very slowly. All other movement seems OK, and I have it set up as per the blade manual.

2. There is a bit of a delay when I cut the power, even with throttle hold. The rotor stays powered longer than it should compared to the cpx nano, where it would instantly cut the power if I jam down the throttle. This seems to affect flight, as you can not perform sudden movements as well.

3. After I've been flying for a minute or 2, the LED on the chopper turns red. What does this mean?

Any advice or tips would be great. The chopper is very stable, but I would prefer it to handle more like the cpx nano. The cpx was a beast, so fast and snappy. This thing feels like an underpowered drone in comparison.

Thanks for your advice, I'm looking forward to getting the S2 running nicely.
e32lover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

what transmitter do you have?
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I experienced a lift issue with my Nano CPS after a minor crash. The issue was that the main gear had slipped down on the main shaft. This allowed the main shaft to move up when I increased the pitch. The main shaft moving up caused the swash plate to not move as much as it should resulting in very little pitch at the blades. So, might check that the main gear is located on the main shaft correctly.

Just a thought.
navigator2011 and fiddle like this.

Blade Nano CPS (300C), Blade 230s (300C) & (UH-1), MotionRC 450 UH1, Trex 550e, Taranis X9D+ with IRX4+
DannyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
I experienced a lift issue with my Nano CPS after a minor crash. The issue was that the main gear had slipped down on the main shaft. This allowed the main shaft to move up when I increased the pitch. The main shaft moving up caused the swash plate to not move as much as it should resulting in very little pitch at the blades. So, might check that the main gear is located on the main shaft correctly.

Just a thought.

That is a good thought as I have had this happen too.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you hold rudder fully right (BNF) while binding?
Psycho_dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

When the led turns red it means the battery is loosing power. if checking the mainshaft and gear doesn't fix the lift problem you could be in Stability Z mode. not much power and restricted flight control inputs.
Build in progress Tarot 450 Pro V2
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in