Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Goblin 280

Goblin 280 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 280 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2019, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Looking for Vcontrol/Vbar setup values Comet

Has anyone posted values for the Mini Comet? I have Vcontrol Tx and Neo.
First flight was big grins but a little tail wag, no biggie. Didn't roll or pitch very quickly. Second flight played with reduced tail rotor gains but it didn't really reduce the wag. The tail just got sloppy. Raised the cyclic value from 70 to 80 to speed up cyclic but every time I did a loop in any head speed (I have 3600/4200/4800) about half way around the heli started shaking like a leaf, looked like all three axes (axis?). I came in and redid the cyclic and pitch setup. +-95 gives +-13 degrees pitch but I have to go down to 65 to get an honest 8 degrees cyclic. Thats not in the suggested range of 80 or higher but I'll see how it flies tomorrow.
Overall i really like it. It is easy to see like the 380 and flies smoothly "like a bigger heli" looking forward to getting it dialed and see how fast it goes
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm getting closer to being able to list my own settings as a suggestion but I have two major reasons not too. One is that as well as it flies the tail still wags a git from time to time. I'm not sure Vbar tweaks will ever stop this, and I don't mind so much, if I just ignore it and fly it is not a problem. Also at 4800 rpm it will bog if full collective is applied, it seems to be a little too much to ask this competition power system to maintain 4800 rpm at 13 degrees pitch. Why SAB specifies 15 degrees and 5000 rpm for fast flying is beyond me, unless I have not got my setup dialed just right.
But FWIW i really like this little heli, it flies surprisingly well considering it's weight and it's fast too
Old 11-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Numbers will be different for each heli.
Glad itís working for ya but the tail wag never goes away for some people.
Well, I made it go away, I sold it.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agreed. Plus with little helis it's hard to get them perfect. Anyway, it is fun to fly and looks great in the air.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got my havok 280 up and running. I can say that tail gain has to be very low. 3500/4500/5500 with gains of 40/35/25 or else I get massive tail shakes.
roadracer96 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2019, 06:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm really looking forward to seeing your settings, I have a mini comet on the way however it has a kbar fbl on it, all new to me . I still use the original BX7200 on my blade 300x.
RRRaptor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in